Love Princess loyalty program

suey

Just finishing a short 2-night cruise on Sun Princess, thought we had got the cruise for a great price $159 each twin share. But after the $27.50 OBC for booking, plus an extra $50 OBC for being a loyal customer, plus a complimentary drink, the mini bar and a complimentary steakhouse dinner for all ten of our group it was practically a free cruise for me. That's why I keep coming back to Princess and not P & O that don't have a loyalty program.:):D

Hi Suey

Did you get that price off princess itself or a dot com agency :confused: I know we cant name agencies so that's fine, might think of doing a two night one as we have just got to black card level and are yet to enjoy the benefits

Jacquie

I have to say I'm not we'd to any line.

I am Platinum with Princess about to go elite, but am happy to cruise with someone else if they offer what I want.

I actually think h loyalty rewards are pretty lame.

I get more from a hotel chain that I use from time it time (maybe 3 or 4 nights a year).

I'd much rather they give me som genuine discounts, this cruise I think I got $50 extra OBC on a $13 K cruise.

doing a 28 day cruise and sending your washing out every 4-5 days is really good and the free internet is excellent plus all the other perks

DW doesn't like sending washing out, prefers just a quick visit to the laundry every now and then.

And we cruise to get away from Internet.

nothing wrong with the perks

No nothing wrong with them, just not something that would make me cruise Princess if I didn't already love the product,

Laundry - DW hates sending laundry out

drinks - we don't drink

Internet - one of the remains we love cruising is to get away from work

$50 extra OBC - sure we'll use it.

The perks just do nothing for us, but that's fine.

Haven't cruised with Princess, but we are certainly fans of the Royal Caribbean and Celebrity loyalty programs (they are reciprocal at a certain level). Love the happy hours. Meet some lovely people, and we enjoy the balcony discounts we get, even on top of special offers.

I would like to try Princess down the track, as many people tell us that they like both Royal/Celebrity and Princess cruise lines. The loyalty benefits can be what makes a difference though when you add up everything. :)

Haven't cruised with Princess, but we are certainly fans of the Royal Caribbean and Celebrity loyalty programs (they are reciprocal at a certain level). Love the happy hours. Meet some lovely people, and we enjoy the balcony discounts we get, even on top of special offers.

I would like to try Princess down the track, as many people tell us that they like both Royal/Celebrity and Princess cruise lines. The loyalty benefits can be what makes a difference though when you add up everything. :)

I've only been on Celebrity once so far, but very similar to Princess and wouldn't hesitate to go again. Something's Princess do better others Celebrity.

My biggest gripe with Celebrity is US$ compared to Princess in Aus$ when on board prices are pretty similar that extra 30% on the exchange rte can hurt.

I use all of the perks on Princess

- Priority Boarding

- Internet minutes

- Free Laundry

- Exchange my mini bar for 2 coffee cards

- Wine Tasting

- Canapes on formal night

- Priority Tender.

- Extra OBC

However, I do look at itineraries and price. But its hard to go past Princess. I don't care much for Celebrity.

Edited by icat2000

Hi Suey

Did you get that price off princess itself or a dot com agency :confused: I know we cant name agencies so that's fine, might think of doing a two night one as we have just got to black card level and are yet to enjoy the benefits

Jacquie

Booked direct with Princess for$219 then the price went down so they reduced to match new price.

Do any of the sister line cruises count towards the Princess loyalty program? ie P&O etc similar to the relationship between say Qantas and Jetstar?

Sorry about the dumb question but we are new to cruising and even newer to the loyalty programs :o and some of the comments made us wonder if there was maybe some kind of relationship between the lines?

Cheers,

CJ & Tam

Do any of the sister line cruises count towards the Princess loyalty program? ie P&O etc similar to the relationship between say Qantas and Jetstar?

Sorry about the dumb question but we are new to cruising and even newer to the loyalty programs :o and some of the comments made us wonder if there was maybe some kind of relationship between the lines?

Cheers,

CJ & Tam

Yep all the lines under Carnival iwnership count.

I'm yet to cruise Carnival, but my cruise consultant at Princess told me all Carnival owned brands count.:confused:

it would be nice because if i cruised with Carnival i'd be elite but unless its something thats just come in recently only p&o and princess cruises count, p&o dont have a loyalty program but the days count towards princess