CRUISE REVIEW: Holy Land Cruise on Silhouette - One of our best cruises ever!!!

Miaminice

I wanted to thank you for your review. The photographs were excellent especially the photo of the Stomboli Valcano. It is good you were an early riser to catch the clouds and sunrise perfectly. We are sailing on Silhouette in a few weeks and we cannot wait to see this beautiful ship as you so well described and photographed.

Great review and phenomenal photos! Thanks for sharing. Can you share a little more about that HOHO bus in Athens? Was it from Celebrity?

Thank you!

No, the HoHo buses are not from Celebrity.

When you leave the ship there are the usual big red buses and some yellow and I think blue buses waiting for passengers and offering tours. We used the red buses. http://www.citysightseeing.gr

The prices are about the same with all of them... around 20 Euro pp. Those tours have explanations in different languages via provided headphones.

If you just need a transport to and from the city, there is the express bus Airbalancer mentioned and, if you don't mind the walk to the train station, a train into town.

Thank you!

No, the HoHo buses are not from Celebrity.

When you leave the ship there are the usual big red buses and some yellow and I think blue buses waiting for passengers and offering tours. We used the red buses. http://www.citysightseeing.gr

The prices are about the same with all of them... around 20 Euro pp. Those tours have explanations in different languages via provided headphones.

If you just need a transport to and from the city, there is the express bus Airbalancer mentioned and, if you don't mind the walk to the train station, a train into town.

We used the local bus , here the link , it was a 2 min walk from the ship

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2060775&highlight=x80

Thanks for the information, from both of you.

A journey filled with cultural highlights, overwhelming history and Italian Dolce Vita. Plus the beautiful Silhouette and her fabulous crew as the icing on the cake.

Starting in Rome with an overnight in Jerusalem this was one of our best cruises ever!!!

Please read our photo filled review on our private homepage. Take your time, sit back and relax. Immerse into the story and travel to places with us that at some points felt like a different world.

http://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Our-Trips/Holy-Land-Cruise-01/holy-land-cruise-01.html

Hope you enjoy it! Let us know if you did!

Oliver & Birgit

Oliver and Brigit:

What a wonderful review! My mouth is watering even more as we prepare to sail on this same ship and similiar itinerary in just over a month! Amazing words and amazing photos! Thank you!

Joe 😎

Oliver and Brigit

Thanks you for a fantastic review with excellent photographs and lots of detail, we are doing a simmilar trip on the Silhouette in October and so your review is doubly valuable to us.

I am the planner for all out trips and the greatest complememnt I can pay you is that I have forwarded your review to my wife with a strong recomendation that she should read.

Thanks again

John

I am the planner for all out trips and the greatest complememnt I can pay you is that I have forwarded your review to my wife with a strong recomendation that she should read.

Thanks again

John

Thank you John! I will take it as such!

It´s a pleasure to share our passion for travel!

A journey filled with cultural highlights, overwhelming history and Italian Dolce Vita. Plus the beautiful Silhouette and her fabulous crew as the icing on the cake.

Starting in Rome with an overnight in Jerusalem this was one of our best cruises ever!!!

Please read our photo filled review on our private homepage. Take your time, sit back and relax. Immerse into the story and travel to places with us that at some points felt like a different world.

http://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Our-Trips/Holy-Land-Cruise-01/holy-land-cruise-01.html

Hope you enjoy it! Let us know if you did!

Oliver & Birgit

Fantastic review with stunning photography. Thank You.

Thank you so much. The photographs are amazing and I really enjoyed the review. We are doing this cruise in the fall and I have changed my plan in Mykonos because of your beautiful photos. We were going to Delos, but now I think we will just wander around in Mykonos. I had not realized how beautiful it is. I feel much better prepared for Jerusalem. I don't think I have ever seen pictures of the ship that captured everything so well. You must have been up every night photographing. I'm looking forward to your review of the Reflection, which we are going on next year.

I don't think I have ever seen pictures of the ship that captured everything so well. You must have been up every night photographing.

Thank you!!!

:) No, I don´t get up at night, I am on vacation LOL

That was the great thing about Silhouette - never crowded. With just a little patience I was able to take photos without people even during the day...

and can you imagine - I usually do that on sea days, because I don´t like the sun.

Here is another link to an online-album with Silhouette photos only...

https://goo.gl/photos/vytNApEFVV2e9d2GA

Thank again for your kind words!

I am totally amazed that you were able to find pool shots of empty deck chairs. I just figure you were wandering the ship at night. :) You have some really great shots. I'm going to have to take more and better pictures next time. You have inspired me.

Edited by Honeybearhollow

Boarding Celebrity Reflection NOW!:) :) :)

So stay tuned for new review which is sure to follow...

Thanks to you all for liking our reviews and all the encouraging words!!!

Oliver & Birgit

Boarding Celebrity Reflection NOW!:) :) :)

So stay tuned for new review which is sure to follow...

Thanks to you all for liking our reviews and all the encouraging words!!!

Oliver & Birgit

Off to sea again?

Excellent!

Have a great cruise.

Norris

Just wanted to thank you for your superb review of your Holy Land cruise. I loved your photographs and am now looking forward to reading your other reviews. As I said earlier, I never considered a Holy Land cruise until I read your review....so hopefully we will travel there in the near future. I am now going to read the other reviews you have posted on Cruise Critic. Happy Sailing to both you and your wife and Thank You, Cruise Critic for making all this possible.

Well Norris has some stiff competition here....what a wonderful review and to a few places we will never go so all the better!....I am not a believer but can not deny the history in these sacred places....your pictures seemed nearly 3 dimensional...can't wait for your reflection review....on her next fall for our once in a lifetime over the atlantic cruise....enjoy!!