Dancing with the Stars Fall 2015 Gowns and more

KandCsailing

I would love to have seen the rest of Julianne's dress. The top was very interesting. Carrie Ann's was nice enough from what we could see. Erin's jumpsuit looked good on her. I can't say I have ever seen her in anything that didn't look good on her.

The result was what I was expecting once they announced what would happen with Kim but I did not expect Andy to be in jeopardy.

Why oh why are the judges raving over Gary Busey? I can see why he picked the music from the show he did, he dances like Herman Munster would...clump, clump, clump, thud.:D

Totally agree!! He should go home next, then Paula in my opinion.

I'm feeling like each season of DWTS is worse than the previous one. So far, I am not impressed with any of the "stars" or the routines. I really dislike all of the props and extra dancers on the floor. Plus, I am missing Len as a judge!

As bad as Paula Dean's dancing is, she was way better than Gary Busey, yet she received 5's and he received 7's???? I thought his character was Lurch, from the stiff way he was moving but my husband said he was supposed to be Gomez.:D

Sherri:)

Why oh why are the judges raving over Gary Busey? I can see why he picked the music from the show he did, he dances like Herman Munster would...clump, clump, clump, thud.:D

I agree--I thought he danced like Lurch! And he wasn't in the bottom two?

I liked the top of Julieanne's dress--wish they'd let us see the full length of gowns. Erin's was fine, just kind of boring and what she often wears. I couldn't see enough of Carrianne's to tell.

The really good dancers seem to be judged a little harshly this year while the really terrible dancers get higher scores than they deserve.

The TV theme was fun--some of the costumes looked hard to dance in, especially the turtle!

I think the judges have to be fairly nice to the people on the show, otherwise no one would want to come on and be humiliated.

Erin had on a jump suit, which I liked, but it wasn't formal wear, in my opinion.

I did think it was unfair that Bindi learned and practiced a dance routine only to learn the show didn't have permission to use the song, so they had 2 days to learn and rehearse a new dance. I would think the show's producers should have gotten permission before the season started.

I really enjoyed last season, but this season so far is just okay.

Edited by CAC104

Saw on ET! where they are trying to stir up social media to demand ABC allow Kim to return next week.

I understand there are rules and they can't make exceptions but I thought the way they told Tony and Kim in the middle of the show was pretty cruddy. They could have told them privately beforehand.

Edited by CruisinCrow

I liked Julianne's and Carrie Ann's dresses a lot. Erin was too casual, as usual.

My favorite dancers are Bindi, Tamar and Alek (he did a great job being sexy), but Nick also did really well this week. Sharna is a good choreographer.

I agree that Gary was more like Lurch than Gomez. Gomez didn't clomp around like that. Either he or Paula need to go next - it doesn't matter which one.

I liked both of their dresses too--thanks for the picture. I'd just love to see Erin in a really glamorous or even slightly frilly dress for once--just for a change.

I get that they don't want to humiliate people; of course not, but sometimes they seem to overdo what should be tepid praise. I agree; either Paula or Gary need to go next.

I'm not sure that I agree with bending the rules so that Kim can come back on--and, she's only 37? Wow.

Hi all!

Looking forward to tonight's show, always a great theme.

Just read that Tom will not be there tonight as he's with his ailing Father.

Did anybody see the show "Who Do You Think You Are" when Tom was on it? Was surprised that his family lived in Quebec way back, maybe in the 1600's!

Jo

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

What's tonight's theme?

I believe it is the stars' most memorable year.

Caught the show last night and it didn't surprise me that Kim got cut. Rules are rules and whose to say that her doctor wouldn't change his mind and she not make next week.

No way could she have learned the dance I saw in two days.

Oh good, that's usually one of the better shows. The young people tend to have a disadvantage since they haven't had as much life experience. Bindi will probably say something about her dad. Hayes may have more of a problem.

I'm glad they didn't make an exception to the rules for Kim. They need to be fair and consistent across the board. But I do think they could have handled the announcement a lot better. If they'd told Tony and Kim in advance, they could have made a gracious goodbye statement.

Was out and only got back in time for Bindi and Derek and the elimination. Didn't seem to be many dry eyes after Bindi danced.

I've been expecting the elimination results.

Sorry to say, I hated Erin's dress. The color and fabric looked like T-shirt material. I did like the wrist treatment. The dress could have been very pretty in different colors and fabric.

Didn't get to see much of Carrie Ann or Julianne's dresses.

I watched the whole show and thought they all did a good job. Bindi's was so emotional. At the end, I am glad they finally eliminated Gary.

I couldn't believe Erin's dress when I first saw it. It was not very flattering and so blah. She sure looked tall next to her co-host.

The right person went home.

There were so many emotional and meaningful dances--mostly a very high standard. I loved Bindi's dance, and the emotion in Aleks--she is a revelation.

Could Carlos have really been in the bottom two?

I did not like Erin's dress either--blah color, plain, yes, a little like a t-shirt dress. I did see a flash of the back, which seemed to be open very low down--didn't care for that either.

C & J's dresses were fine; nothing special. I really like J's hair a lot more this season!

Yes, the right person went home. IMO, he was in the top five worst dancers in the history of DWTS. What WAS that rambling of his at the end, can anyone translate?:confused:

Well, Carlos was eliminated but there's no way he should have been in the bottom two. Paula Deen looked better than she ever has but certainly was not better than Carlos.

I had to wipe a few tears.

Up until tonight, I was glad to see that Julianne wasn't jumping up, flailing her arms, pounding on the desk and pointing. That's Bruno's schtick.:D

Edited by iheartbda

LOVED the show last night. All the stories were so heartfelt.

I agree with everyone - Erin's dress was awful! Hate to say it but maybe she should stick with the pantsuits. :) Her hair was pretty though. I couldn't see Carrie Ann's dress very well. I didn't think the bright blue earrings went with the black dress but maybe that's just because I didn't get to see the whole outfit. I liked the color of Julianne's dress. The top was a little low cut but the criss-crossed back was nice. Paula Deen's dress was perfect for her, elegant and appropriate. I'm glad the costume designers are giving her a decent wardrobe. I thought they did Suzann Somers a disservice last season with her unflattering outfits.

Hayes did a nice job even though he didn't have as compelling a story as the others. I thought the judges overscored him a bit but he was good.

Tamar was great. She could definitely win, especially if she starts trusting Val more.

I liked Nick's tribute to his band. I didn't realize he'd had such a bad childhood. It was sad to see a 35-year-old man crying because he couldn't fix his family. I thought Alek seemed kind of disconnected but that's understandable.

It's a good thing they put Bindi last because it would have been unfair for anyone to have to follow her. I knew her story was going to be heartbreaking but the way she expressed herself and kept it together was just really beautiful. I'm glad Derek is letting Bindi shine and not making it all about him.