signing for each drink when you have AIBP

newcruzer2

How about "Come back completely sloshed" that might boost sales.

I can see a situation where if AIBP people did not have to sign for drinks which they ordered. They might get hundreds and sell them on to fellow cruisers under the table for cash. Similarly waiters could simply start selling drinks for a cash tip and claim they were AIBP cruisers ordering them. It could easily go back to the pre-cashless set up the lines introduced to stop fiddling.

Regards John

Celebrity has been giving drink packages away for years and you don't sign, they just scan your card. Non of these things happen on Celebrity.

How about "Come back completely sloshed" that might boost sales.

I can see a situation where if AIBP people did not have to sign for drinks which they ordered. They might get hundreds and sell them on to fellow cruisers under the table for cash. Similarly waiters could simply start selling drinks for a cash tip and claim they were AIBP cruisers ordering them. It could easily go back to the pre-cashless set up the lines introduced to stop fiddling.

Regards John

They could do this even when signing for the drink. People have been sharing the ultimate soft drink package for years. I remember signing for for soft drinks all of the time. It's just a waste of paper. Princess needs an automated system where they just scan your card like they do on Celebrity. I believe that your picture comes up on the screen when they swipe the card so you can't share your card.

When we were on Royal Princess last month we didn't sign for any drinks except when we were in the MDR( we were not on AIBP) they just scanned the cruise card.

We didn't get a receipt and when I asked they said they no longer give them . I don't know what would happen if we were charged incorrectly without proof of the drinks we had.

I didnt really like this so I checked my account daily.

I don't know if this applies to other ships in the fleet or if it is something they are trying out on the Royal.

If you are paying for a drink you should get a receipt. If you purchased the beverage package it really doesn't matter. I think that most of the incorrect charges were do to the fact that whoever was updating the on board accounts couldn't read the chicken scratch hand written check or they entered the wrong room number. By swiping a card you alleviate this issue.

If you are paying for a drink you should get a receipt. If you purchased the beverage package it really doesn't matter. I think that most of the incorrect charges were do to the fact that whoever was updating the on board accounts couldn't read the chicken scratch hand written check or they entered the wrong room number. By swiping a card you alleviate this issue.

We were paying for our drinks on the Royal but we did not have to sign (card taken to be swiped ) and no receipts were given to anyone in any of the bars. When waiters are taking more than one order of drinks at a time I would think it easy to get the cards mixed up but I didn't hear of anyone having any problems with wrong charges to their account.

We were paying for our drinks on the Royal but we did not have to sign (card taken to be swiped ) and no receipts were given to anyone in any of the bars. When waiters are taking more than one order of drinks at a time I would think it easy to get the cards mixed up but I didn't hear of anyone having any problems with wrong charges to their account.

We had a beer appear on our account and a coffee (we had AIBP). Guest Services removed them quite easily. Never signed any receipts - sometimes swiped both cards, sometimes only one - no rhyme or reason.

I had AIBP and DH didn't, on CB on our recent Med cruise (18 July -1 August) and neither of us had to sign at any of the bars. The bartender just swiped our respective cards (or put our number in when the cards stopped working). Only had to sign in restaurants and for bottles of water we bought 'on the gangway' when disembarking in ports of call. I did use the Princess at Sea app thing to check our account regularly and didn't have any problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had AIBP and DH didn't, on CB on our recent Med cruise (18 July -1 August) and neither of us had to sign at any of the bars. The bartender just swiped our respective cards (or put our number in when the cards stopped working). Only had to sign in restaurants and for bottles of water we bought 'on the gangway' when disembarking in ports of call. I did use the Princess at Sea app thing to check our account regularly and didn't have any problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same for us on the Royal and we also had no problems but it makes me wonder without proof what would happen if there was a charge to my card for someone elses drinks.

I think I would prefer to sign and get receipts then there can be no argument.

When we were on Royal Princess last month we didn't sign for any drinks except when we were in the MDR( we were not on AIBP) they just scanned the cruise card.

We didn't get a receipt and when I asked they said they no longer give them . I don't know what would happen if we were charged incorrectly without proof of the drinks we had.

I don't know if this applies to other ships in the fleet or if it is something they are trying out on the Royal.

Same here, just off the Caribbean Princess 15th August, never had to sign for any drinks in the bars and we did not have AIBP.

We were told that it was new policy to help the waiters serve more people by cutting out signing for drinks, although you could get a receipt if you asked them for one, never had any problem with the account.

If I don't have the package I always ask for a receipt. Its like pulling teeth anymore. :rolleyes:

Same for us on the Royal and we also had no problems but it makes me wonder without proof what would happen if there was a charge to my card for someone elses drinks.

The only problem would be if a drink that was not covered by the AIBP appeared on your account. If it is below $10 then just get it removed at GS - should be no drama. Over $10 without supporting paperwork could cause a problem. We were initially perturbed at not getting receipts but 'fell into the flow' after a couple of days and no issues.

We had a beer appear on our account and a coffee (we had AIBP). Guest Services removed them quite easily. Never signed any receipts - sometimes swiped both cards, sometimes only one - no rhyme or reason.

On our last cruise (with the AIBP), sometimes we had to sign and other times we didn't. We also encountered getting charged a couple of times for drinks and had to have them removed.

Over $10 without supporting paperwork could cause a problem.

Your not having a receipt for a charge that should not be on your account is not proof of anything other than (in Princess' view) you do not have all of your receipts.

Now Princess not having a receipt in your name for something that should not be on your account is proof you did not make the charge.