Is every room really sold out or is site playing tricks on me!?

Verfai

Hey all,

I'm am hoping its a X site error...But nearly every sailing I look up, near ALL rooms any class are sold out (looking FEB and MAR)...I always get this ridiculous error message:

"Oops.

Unfortunately we ran out of Veranda staterooms for this sailing. Let's try again by choosing another class, shall we? Or search for a different sailing"

I just got this error message looking up Reflection March 26 2016...Can somebody, preferably not in a EU location (<-different site location) check if the same pops up when looking up this sailing.

Thanks!

EDIT: Sry for posting room....Cabin.....;)

Edited by Verfai
EDIT

We were in England most of the summer. When I used my Celebrity app my IPad which goes to the US site, I lso kept getting that message no matter what cruise I put it. Switched to the UK site and no problems.

Edited by vickykay

I switched to the US site after deleting history and cookies...and it did work than.

However it sort of makes me angry...I'm thinking the reason for the error is the offer on the cruise that is running right now...usually its only applicable to US and CA residents, its so unfear that we cant get those massive discounts or free gratuities or drink package...Its full prise for us on the cruise + the rest that the offer includes...I would not have known if they would have their IT in order. Now I am sort of reluctant to look further.

Anyhow thanks all for looking up the availability.

Edited by Verfai

Just check prices via USA, UK and German Website for 26 March'16 Reflection /Guar. Balcony - the UK is the cheapest price and includes Classic Bev +$300 obc, US is second and Germany site third. UK is £1545 / US - $2334 / German - 2298euro

Edited by jody75

Frequently there is a similar situation when looking from Australia. It appears a particular ship is almost booked out (looking many months ahead) then as it comes closer to cruise time there, almost overnight, are heaps of empty cabins. Not many perks for us on American lines either but American/Canadian passengers on CC are going wild about cheap fares, perks, OBC and free packages. :confused: Maybe I'm looking at the wrong cruise lines and should stick with ones based in Australia. Or maybe I just got up on the wrong side of the bed today.

I know it may not make you feel any better but we have taken 4 Celebrity cruises with Brits and Aussies where they have not only received better rates and perks but have also had more frequent visits from the upgrade fairy. Our neighbors to the north can also book cruise/air packages from major cities in Canada that we in the lower 48 cannot.

Sometimes life does not seem fair. We cannot even try to compare the offers without also taking into consideration the limitations of cruise bookings that I know our UK friends face when they make a reservation. But on the other hand we are never offered a charter flight from Manchester to Barcelona either. Even as a US citizen flying from Manchester to Barcelona we cannot book that same carefree charter.

I do understand your frustrations and wish circumstances were so different that everyone wishing to board a ship felt equally appreciated anf fairly treated.

Hey all,

I never understood it and ALL cruises lines do it, even the once that are EU based, I don't see what legal firewall is prohibiting near ALL cruise lines on offering their discounts world wide...I would book an extra cruise per year if I would be able to safe up on a drink package and gratuities!

Anyhow, I thank you all for understanding my frustration ;) .

Try deleting your cookies and searching again.

A quick travel note, slightly off topic - this works with airline tickets too; they (airline companies) track what you're shopping so they can raise rates. I've had it happen with USAir and British Air; clearing cookies or using a different PC brought back the cheaper price from a few days earlier.

In your browser you can also open a "Privacy Mode" or "Incognito Mode" with starts a clean session with zero cookies, and destroys them upon closing. It's how I browse all flights, hotels, and cruises now.