Connecting time at Seattle Airport

Jasjas

Just as my problem with connecting time for our flight at San Francisco was sorted, Delta change their schedule for our flight from JFK to Seattle and from Seattle to Anchorage.... Now we have only sixty minutes between flights at Seattle Airport ...Fortunately both are domestic flights and our luggage will be booked through to Anchorage....

I cannot find a map showing the arrival and departure gates for Delta at Seattle Airport.

Will we manage ??

Thanks again.

Jasjas

Delta told our travel agent that they would put us on the next flight, should there be delays....However,it will only be 6 hours later.

I just thought that we could save time if we knew the layout of the domestic terminal of the airport and the proximity of arrival area and departure gates... but I cannot find such a clear map on the internet.

Thanks for your reply.

Sincerely.

Jasjas.

Delta uses the south satellite, usually ........

Right, both flights will almost certainly use the south satellite, in which case the transfer involves walking off the plane, turn left or right and walk a few to a few dozen yards, badda bing. Six minutes rather than sixty.

If the flight leaves from another concourse, then the six minutes becomes sixteen or maybe twenty six at the outside as you'd go down the escalator to the train level, take the train to the main terminal, back up the escalators and out to the departing gate, no more than a 10 min. walk. It's all inside security and well signed.

We connect thru SEA often using Delta or Alaska...this connection time would be fine (if I had no other choice)..however don't dwadle get to your gate asap...then decide if you have time for a restroom break ;)

Just as my problem with connecting time for our flight at San Francisco was sorted, Delta change their schedule for our flight from JFK to Seattle and from Seattle to Anchorage.... Now we have only sixty minutes between flights at Seattle Airport ...Fortunately both are domestic flights and our luggage will be booked through to Anchorage....

I cannot find a map showing the arrival and departure gates for Delta at Seattle Airport.

Will we manage ??

Thanks again.

Jasjas

No issue unless the first flight is late. I would not hesitate to book an hour connection. Delta is really good about taking care of you if you miss a connection.

Here is a link to the terminal map. Normally with Delta you will come into and go out of A concourse - Gates 1 - 9. The distances are not that far (no more than a 15 minute walk between the two most distant gates). (Notice that aren't that many gates on each of the concourses. Be glad you are not in Atlanta where there are approximately 40 gates on each concourse.)

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/airports-and-aircraft/airports/seattle.html

Edited by zqvol

Here is a link to the terminal map. Normally with Delta you will come into and go out of A concourse - Gates 1 - 9.

That used to be the case, but they moved to the South Satellite (as the others have mentioned) a few years ago.

Edited by Mary Ellen

I thank each and everyone SINCERELY...You all contributed in setting my mind at ease....I would love to rather arrive in Anchorage at 17h00 than close to midnight...

THANK YOU ALL...it is really appreciated !!

Jasjas.

Only one week to go...and SUPER excited....

That used to be the case, but they moved to the South Satellite (as the others have mentioned) a few years ago.

Well, I was just at SEATAC last Monday and saw that Delta uses the A, B, and South Terminal (S Gates). They've really expanded their presence at the airport.

We had a flight to Amsterdam that left from an A gate but the return came into the S gates due to the location of customs. Many of the Delta west coast flights also go out of B gates, especially those using regional jets.

Edited by Chenega

Sometimes I use my Flight Tracker or Flight Aware apps to see what gates are being used for our in/outbound flights at the connecting airport starting about a week or two out. There is NO guarantee that those gates will be used for our actual flights, but it gives me a sense if the same general area/terminals are being used. If your flights are consistently using the South Satellite, the odds are in your favor that your flights will too. The North and South Satellite concourses at SeaTac are compact and easy to use (as long as you don't have to go between them ;)). I've always found SeaTac an easy airport to navigate. It's much better than LAX, DFW or ORD.

We will be arriving on an American (US Airways) flight from Phoenix and leaving on Alaska Air for Anchorage. How do I find out which gates they will be using? Thanks

You can use the procedure I described above. Not knowing your flights, using a random date with the Flight Track app, it looks like the US Air arrivals from PHX to SEA are at the A Concourse. The Alaska flights to YVR from SEA use either the C Concourse or the North Satellite. That app has terminal maps available.

Edited by Mary Ellen

We will be arriving on an American (US Airways) flight from Phoenix and leaving on Alaska Air for Anchorage. How do I find out which gates they will be using? Thanks

The Port web site indicates that US Airways uses gate A, and Alaska is C,D, or N.

Plug your Alaska flight number for today's date into the Port web site and it will provide the gate number.

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Flights-Airlines/Pages/default.aspx

All I can tell you is that the past two days all Delta flights in SEA have been at gates 1 - 9, nothing in the south satellite.

The Port web site indicates that US Airways uses gate A, and Alaska is C,D, or N.

Plug your Alaska flight number for today's date into the Port web site and it will provide the gate number.

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Flights-Airlines/Pages/default.aspx

US will be moving from the A gates to D (along with the rest of AA) in the near future, which is a bummer as they're currently wonderfully close.

Using the above site, you'll see that - today - most Delta flights are using the south satellite, with a few still at the A gates. Because the south satellite handles all arriving, and most departing intercontinental flights (British Airways, Lufthansa, Korean, et al) there are times of the day when Delta has to use the main terminal concourses because the longhaul heavies are clogging up the S gates. The Port of Seattle wants to build a new international satellite that would fix this situation.

• 1 month later...

We Are back from our WONDERFUL Alaska Cruise on board Norwegian Sun... and I would like to conclude this thread by reporting back on our connection at SEA-TAC airport about which I was so concerned...

Our Delta flight from JFK landed at Gate S6 and we departed on WestJet from Gate S3...just a few metres to walk....we even had time to have a quick Chicken Burger and a Coke and to visit the loo...

Thanks again for everybody;\'s input...

We had a GREAT vacation of 3 days in NYC, 2 days in Anchorage, 2 days in Seward, our 7 day Cruise to Vancouver and 3 glorious days in Vancouver before returning via San Francisco and New York to our home in Pretoria, South Africa.... !!

An UNFORGETTABLE 3 weeks.... Our first in USA and Canada.

Jasjas and Isabella

Edited by Jasjas
Spelling

Dear Mapleleaves,

I have travelled quite extensively ...but never in that part of the world and wanted it to be perfect, as I took the organising part of the complete holiday on my shoulders,,,I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it without a Travel agent...

I will really do my best to post a review asap...

Thanks again for all your advise...

Jasjas