Breakaway tips

dudput

I'm going in November & thinking about the spa pass. Couple of questions:

how much does it cost

what kind of services does it offe

is it for the entire cruise or can you pick days

Thanks for the help!

$199

Pool, hot tub, heated and regular loungers, sauna, steam room, salt room...

If it isn't sold out there are supposed to be day passes on port days

O'Sheehan's for breakfast has eggs made to order. Also try Moderno for breakfast although check the schedule to make sure they are serving. They have a buffet with a separate egg station for omelets. The Martini bar with seating on the Waterfront was our favorite night time hangout. And the Spa pass is $179 if you purchase it online before you go. And you can drop off your carry on luggage at your cabin when you board, you don't have to wait until the cabin is ready. There really are minimal menus at the bars but they can make almost anything. Don't be afraid to ask.

Edited by CTBob

Uptown grill for Breakfast/ Lunch & Buffet anytime - really good to the point you don't have to eat at the MDR in the evening,if you don't want too. Plus, there's wine machines and a bar in the buffet.

Waterfront - for a different change of pace.

Burn the Floor - its really good and its free!!

Try a Martini Tasting whenever its scheduled - true not free, but for 6 drinks for about $20 including tip, its not a bad deal to sample what they have. :)

MDR - If you don't like loud noises, go to the Taste or Savior. If you don't mind being entertained with music and hearing people talk loud, there's the Manhattan room.

Dinners in the MDR is fine. We do not pay for specialty restaurants because it takes the free out of freestyle!

With that logic, the price of the cruise takes the free out of freestyle. As does paying for a drink, or the daily tipping.

If you are OK with food that is just "fine", then stick with the MDR. If you like good food, for a nominal additional cost, specialty restaurants are definitely worth it.

With that logic, the price of the cruise takes the free out of freestyle. As does paying for a drink, or the daily tipping.

If you are OK with food that is just "fine", then stick with the MDR. If you like good food, for a nominal additional cost, specialty restaurants are definitely worth it.

There's nothing wrong with the food in the main dining room. There is a set menu that runs the entire week and an additional menu with different appetizers, entrees and desserts each night.

There's nothing wrong with the food in the main dining room. There is a set menu that runs the entire week and an additional menu with different appetizers, entrees and desserts each night.

Plus, the menus for most restaurants (specialty & complimentary) is on the onboard account that one can access from the TV in the room. Helps with planning dinner plans for the evening. [emoji1]

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Plus, the menus for most restaurants (specialty & complimentary) is on the onboard account that one can access from the TV in the room. Helps with planning dinner plans for the evening. [emoji1]

I didn;t know that about the TV access - thanks for the tip!

I didn;t know that about the TV access - thanks for the tip!

You're Welcome -You can also check how much you spend on your sail card from the TV as well.

Also, next to the light switches, is the 'Do not disturb/ clean room' lights - hitting a switch will light up one of lights above your door outside to let your room steward know to clean your room or to leave you alone.

You're Welcome -You can also check how much you spend on your sail card from the TV as well.

Also, next to the light switches, is the 'Do not disturb/ clean room' lights - hitting a switch will light up one of lights above your door outside to let your room steward know to clean your room or to leave you alone.

More useful information - thanks again!

Now, at the risk of pushing my luck (lol) can you explain the key card / lights / air conditioner thing I've been reading about. I've seen posters mention to leave a card in the room (or switch?) to keep the ac on but not sure what they mean. I've only been on the dawn & Gem & they didn't have those things.

Thanks again for the info!

On the Breakaway, there is a card slot inside the room next to the door that you put your room key in when you enter. It turns on all the electricity to your room. When you leave, you take it out and the electricity goes off. If you bring any spare card (loyalty card, old hotel room key, etc), you can leave that card in the slot and the electricity never goes off. But would be good to turn off the lights before leaving the room if you decide to do that!

On the Breakaway, there is a card slot inside the room next to the door that you put your room key in when you enter. It turns on all the electricity to your room. When you leave, you take it out and the electricity goes off. If you bring any spare card (loyalty card, old hotel room key, etc), you can leave that card in the slot and the electricity never goes off. But would be good to turn off the lights before leaving the room if you decide to do that!

Also, sometimes the room stewards will pop it out a little that it looks the nothing is working - Just pop it back in the slot to work. Found out the hard way. :o And old deactivated credit card or Metrocard from the NYC mass transit also works in the slot too.:p

Edited by maywell

Ah that makes sense now! Thank you

just returned on Sunday from Breakaway to Bermuda, tips we can offer:

your room may be a "walk" from the elevators, but eating a lot of food this past week, good for exercise. Lounge chairs are at first come first served , so if you want one, get out EARLY, saw people out at 5 : 30 a.m. Saturday morning . We had the UDP where we could eat at the specialty restaurants, our favorite of those was Teppanyaki with the chef show too and oriental menu. GREAT and chefs are very entertaining.

We found that we LOVED MANHATTAN Dining Room, and a certain waitress was exceptional, I don't think I can divulge her name , but it is " like Christmas " . if you go, ask if she is there .

We ate at Cagney's Friday night, unfortunately, we found it not to be up to par, although our grandson did order a 32 oz porterhouse steak there and ate almost all of it. Maybe it was an off night or something, but service was just not up to standard, we were seated at our arrival time 8 pm and finally got our food at 9 p.m. waiter there tried to talk grandson out of the steak, seemed non attentive after to us after that. We found the buffet to be adequate , had plenty to eat each morning there.

OK Maywell, this may be off topic but since you know way more than me, figured I'd give it a shot...

Do you by any chance know if they show any NFL games while on the ship & if so where, when & which teams?

We leave Sunday so prob won't get a chance to see it, but just thought I'd see if it's an option. And if so, maybe watch the night game ;-)

OK Maywell, this may be off topic but since you know way more than me, figured I'd give it a shot...

Do you by any chance know if they show any NFL games while on the ship & if so where, when & which teams?

We leave Sunday so prob won't get a chance to see it, but just thought I'd see if it's an option. And if so, maybe watch the night game ;-)

Not a sports watcher but I do remember O'Sheenan's had a soccer/football games showing on of their screens. American football? Dunno, but they might - doesn't hurt to ask while on board, they might switch one of the screens in there to it.

Well if you're leaving Sunday (assuming a one week cruise) then you won't miss anything as the NFL season doesn't start to Sept. 10.

The real problem is that there is no baseball only cricket (which is like slow death).