Complicated booking question

Vict0riann

How to start? Well, we booked a Collector's Cruise for next year. Over the weekend we had a visit from our DD, and as soon as she saw the itinerary she said she wanted to go, too. Yay!:D

However, she doesn't want to do the TA (second leg), she wants to do a previous leg. Yay, again, DH says I can go with her, and then when he boards, we'll meet up again.

She doesn't drink... Explore4 is included now for all three legs we're looking at. Our Collector's has it included.

DD has a FCD, I don't. She will take the room as a single for the leg when I rejoin DH, but we'll share for the first leg of her two cruises.

1. Do you think she will have to book it as 2 cruises? In which case,

2. Should we wait until the Expore4 promo is over, and hope the price is lower?

3. Or should we book now, hoping I can take advantage of the lower deposit under the Explore4?

4. I have a Welcome Home email which is good until August 26. Do you think I should try to use that (again) and book tomorrow?

She is flying back to Toronto today, so I could call her this evening and tell her what I think we should do, but I'm torn. We're not cruising again until April next year, so I can't buy a FCD until then. Unfortunately, DH and I had 2 each, but our PCC applied them all against our Collector's Cruise. I suppose that was fair, but it leaves me FCDless!:eek:

How to start? Well, we booked a Collector's Cruise for next year. Over the weekend we had a visit from our DD, and as soon as she saw the itinerary she said she wanted to go, too. Yay!:D

However, she doesn't want to do the TA (second leg), she wants to do a previous leg. Yay, again, DH says I can go with her, and then when he boards, we'll meet up again.

She doesn't drink... Explore4 is included now for all three legs we're looking at. Our Collector's has it included.

DD has a FCD, I don't. She will take the room as a single for the leg when I rejoin DH, but we'll share for the first leg of her two cruises.

3. Or should we book now, hoping I can take advantage of the lower deposit under the Explore4?

4. I have a Welcome Home email which is good until August 26. Do you think I should try to use that (again) and book tomorrow?

She is flying back to Toronto today, so I could call her this evening and tell her what I think we should do, but I'm torn. We're not cruising again until April next year, so I can't buy a FCD until then. Unfortunately, DH and I had 2 each, but our PCC applied them all against our Collector's Cruise. I suppose that was fair, but it leaves me FCDless!:eek:

This is when a good travel agent is worth more than gold.

So YOU get 1, 2 and 3? DD gets 1 and 2? And DH gets 2 and 3?

You and DD share for 1?

DD solo for 2?

You and DH share for 2 and 3?

So YOU get 1, 2 and 3? DD gets 1 and 2? And DH gets 2 and 3?

You and DD share for 1?

DD solo for 2?

You and DH share for 2 and 3?

Yes!:D I told you it was complicated!

I am pretty sure our PCC will say to book now and make any necessary changes later. I just thought I might hear some different opinions here.:)

I'd start by asking my PCC why (s)he used two FCD's for your booking of a Collectors Cruise. Was it necessary? If it was not necessary, ask him/her to get it released for you to use for the segment with your DD.

I'd start by asking my PCC why (s)he used two FCD's for your booking of a Collectors Cruise. Was it necessary? If it was not necessary, ask him/her to get it released for you to use for the segment with your DD.

Thanks, Sail, definitely will do that. If she is able to get it back for me, I wonder if she's get DH's back too, for DD to use on her second leg....

One more complication!:) I'll have to make a list.

I am pretty sure our PCC will say to book now and make any necessary changes later. I just thought I might hear some different opinions here.:)

I needed to know I understood the scenario. Give me some time :D .... but my first thought is you and DD do NOT need Explore 4 for part 1.... since she doesn't drink....

I needed to know I understood the scenario. Give me some time :D .... but my first thought is you and DD do NOT need Explore 4 for part 1.... since she doesn't drink....

We definitely do not - as I won't drink on my own. But it also has a reduced deposit as part of the promo, and I wondered if, if I used that, perhaps we could re-book later without it, but if, as Sail7Seas says, I might possibly get back a FCD, that would be even better.

1. Do you think she will have to book it as 2 cruises? Yes, she will need to book it as 2 cruises because she will be sharing the cabin with you for the first one. In which case,

3. Or should we book now, hoping I can take advantage of the lower deposit under the Explore4?You can book now because once the Explore4 promo is over and the price drops, you can ask to have both bookings "refared". Unless HAL will give you a lower price now without Explore4.

4. I have a Welcome Home email which is good until August 26. Do you think I should try to use that (again) and book tomorrow?Never hurts to ask.

She is flying back to Toronto today, so I could call her this evening and tell her what I think we should do, but I'm torn. We're not cruising again until April next year, so I can't buy a FCD until then. Unfortunately, DH and I had 2 each, but our PCC applied them all against our Collector's Cruise. If the cruise you already have booked is an actual "Collectors Cruise", I don't think she should have applied both FCD. Just one would have given you the reduced deposit and the OBC. Unless they doubled that for you. Like others have said, ask to have it reapplied. I suppose that was fair, but it leaves me FCDless!:eek:

What fun to do a longer cruise and have your daughter join you as well. Hope it works out for you.

You can definitely use your "welcome home" promo again. No problem at all - at least it hasn't been for me in the past.

I would be tempted to book now for fear HAL adjusts the Canadian exchange rate again which will put the price of your cruise higher and request it be priced without the Explore 4 (assuming your PCC can do this).

I haven't offered anything because I am still confused.:D:D Trust you to come with that one.

Thanks all! I had an epiphany during the night, and am going to call my PCC today. First thing, at breakfast, I persuaded DH that he really does want to come for the whole trip! It wasn't too hard.:D

Now, I am going to ask my PCC to cancel our previous booking. That hopefully, will free up our FCD's (2 each), and re-book. I'll try to get the first two legs as one cruise without the Explore4 (very port-intensive, and we get reduced prices on a lot of stuff anyway). The last leg, with the TA, I think I'll try to book with the Explore4. Hopefully, I'll be able to get the FCD's spread over the two, plus get the welcome home OBC for both.

DD is on her own, to book whenever she wants. She probably will wait until after the promo is over.

I'll let you know if it works out.:)

1. Do you think she will have to book it as 2 cruises? In which case, YES

2. Should we wait until the Expore4 promo is over, and hope the price is lower? NO

3. Or should we book now, hoping I can take advantage of the lower deposit under the Explore4? YES

4. I have a Welcome Home email which is good until August 26. Do you think I should try to use that (again) and book tomorrow? YES

This doesn't look that complicated. If I understand you want to take 3 cruise segments, sharing a cabin with your DD on the first one, and with your DH on 2 and 3, correct?

2 and 3 are already booked and should remain. You should book the first with your daughter and you should still have a FCD left. Either way, use the ZPM code. Take the same cabin if available and mark do not upgrade on both reservations and link them. I assume you are trying to stay in the same cabin for 3 segments. The current promo is offering a 50% discount on the deposit.

The only question is whether HAL will give you a discount for booking 3 segments (Some cruise lines do including Azamara where you can add as many as you want and get a discount for each one).

Thanks all! I had an epiphany during the night, and am going to call my PCC today. First thing, at breakfast, I persuaded DH that he really does want to come for the whole trip! It wasn't too hard.:D

Now, I am going to ask my PCC to cancel our previous booking. That hopefully, will free up our FCD's (2 each), and re-book. I'll try to get the first two legs as one cruise without the Explore4 (very port-intensive, and we get reduced prices on a lot of stuff anyway). The last leg, with the TA, I think I'll try to book with the Explore4. Hopefully, I'll be able to get the FCD's spread over the two, plus get the welcome home OBC for both.

DD is on her own, to book whenever she wants. She probably will wait until after the promo is over.

I'll let you know if it works out.:)

You will probably have to book as separate cruises (not a Collectors), or at least the transatlantic cruise if you want different promos on different legs.

Fyi, we have booked a TA and had the option with or without Explore4 (without was through an outside agents group rate)

Edited by Jade13

All done! Of course my PCC is on holiday until after the expiration of my ZPM promo, so I spoke to someone else. She removed one FCD from the booked cruise, and then changed things around, for a bit more savings. We have the Black Sea and Holy Land Explorer booked now, as DD wants, and then a second booking number for the TA. She said that, at the moment, there is no discount for the cruise without the explore4 promo. Who knows? Anyway, we have until next July to watch for sales and take advantage of reduced prices!

All's well that ends well.:)

44 days on the Elegant Explorer - our longest cruise yet.:cool:

(Oh, and PS, they've already changed the itinerary! - Odessa for Sevastopol - hope it's not a sign of things to come...)

Thanks, Sail, it does sound great doesn't it? I am a bit anxious about it though. We haven't had much luck with the Prinsendam, and I'm just hoping this will go better!

Already a couple of blips - first the itinerary change, not that that matters much. And then, when I checked over the invoices, I saw that one was more than $200 more than I had written down when she quoted the price to me, I think. Maybe I made a mistake. Anyway, I left her a voice mail asking about it. Not that it's such a big deal on top of an expensive cruise, but I just wondered. She said we were saving $129 each by taking the first two legs as a Collector's and the TA as a stand-alone, as opposed to the other way around, but maybe her numbers were wrong!

Makes life interesting!

All done! Of course my PCC is on holiday until after the expiration of my ZPM promo, so I spoke to someone else. She removed one FCD from the booked cruise, and then changed things around, for a bit more savings. We have the Black Sea and Holy Land Explorer booked now, as DD wants, and then a second booking number for the TA. She said that, at the moment, there is no discount for the cruise without the explore4 promo. Who knows? Anyway, we have until next July to watch for sales and take advantage of reduced prices!

All's well that ends well.:)

44 days on the Elegant Explorer - our longest cruise yet.:cool:

(Oh, and PS, they've already changed the itinerary! - Odessa for Sevastopol - hope it's not a sign of things to come...)

Sevastopol was dropped on our itinerary in the Black Sea too Ann, so I think this is pretty much a "given" for the last couple of years. We were pleasantly surprised by our replacement ports so I hope you are too. :)

Glad you have it all arranged. Hoping you have a fabulous cruise :)