Next up Hurricane Erica

Anyone know if RC will let you cancel (or just rebook for a later date) due to the itinerary change or am I just out of luck? :( I've been to the Western ports a million times...was really looking forward to the Eastern ones that I've never been to!

We just changed, wasn't a problem.

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your August 30, 2015, sailing onboard Freedom of the Seas. There has been a change in the departure time for your cruise. Tropical Storm Erika has been forecasted to make landfall in South Florida on Monday, August 31. Due to the current path of the storm, Freedom of the Seas will now depart Port Canaveral at 3:30 p.m. Check in and boarding for your cruise will take place between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Did you have to give them another date when you called? Will they still let you change if you don't have the insurance? Thanks...never had this happen before!!

Yes we picked a date and booked right the and there we always use external ins co's not RC.

Years ago, leaving from Canaveral on the Mariner....there was a Hurricane headed towards the Florida east coast....ALL three ships in port that day left 2 hours early....I imagine as soon as all were aboard....the muster drill was held at the same time, but we were well underway by then.

Because the storm was due east, we headed due south hugging the Florida coast all the way down to within sight of Cuba, then headed east under the storm.

Our entire itinerary was put in reverse order, having one stop cancelled all together....

Seas were very rough to say the least.

We were not notified of any itinerar4y changes until check-in, where they gave everyone handouts...

I will say, it was the best cruise I have ever been on....every day was an adventure not knowing what is going to change.

Many people were sick and never left their cabins.....it became a party atmosphere with the survivors, crew and passengers alike....many bars offering free drinks, etc....

Edited by B-52