Next up Hurricane Erica

I am actually looking forward to rough weather. I paid to be on a ship and I will have no problem with big waves and bad wind. It was ugly on our western med. cruise at points and I was the guy sitting up top saying "bring it on!". My wife disagrees, but that is not unique to this situation!!!!.

Shawn

I don't see why they can't get back into PC on Sunday, they got back during "Sandy" and we were on the ship! :eek: Just hoping for the best and I want to be on board this Sunday!!! Hoping it just fizzles like Danny did.:)

Sandy was practically a non-event in Florida weather wise. That Monday was absolutely gorgeous actually. Not sure if you are talking about that you came in to Florida or some other place.

We were booked on the Navigator out of Miami back in 2004 when one of the three Hurricanes that hit Florida that year (can't remember the names) came barreling through Miami. We got a call from from Royal telling us that our cruise would be leaving on Tuesday instead of Sunday, making ours a 5 nighter instead of a 7 night cruise. Those on board ended up with a 9 night cruise while the Nav went around in circles in the Atlantic waiting for the Hurricane to pass by.

We were booked on the Navigator out of Miami back in 2004 when one of the three Hurricanes that hit Florida that year (can't remember the names) came barreling through Miami. We got a call from from Royal telling us that our cruise would be leaving on Tuesday instead of Sunday, making ours a 5 nighter instead of a 7 night cruise. Those on board ended up with a 9 night cruise while the Nav went around in circles in the Atlantic waiting for the Hurricane to pass by.

Did Royal give out any compensation? Just wondering???

Charley, Frances, and Jeanne...rode all three of them out...praying for Erika to fizzle or shift east and become a fish storm.

Charley, Frances, and Jeanne...rode all three of them out...praying for Erika to fizzle or shift east and become a fish storm.

All together now…

FISH STORM! FISH STORM! FISH STORM!

I would really hate for my first cruise ever to be shortened or cancelled. As long as I can embark, I don't really mind where it goes. Supposed to be leaving PC Monday.

All together now…

FISH STORM! FISH STORM! FISH STORM!

I would really hate for my first cruise ever to be shortened or cancelled. As long as I can embark, I don't really mind where it goes. Supposed to be leaving PC Monday.

Agree -- praying for a fish storm (would love all Hurricanes to be fish storms).

Well let us know when you know mabelcat! That's awesome that you have the inside scoop. Hoping for answers soon, we still haven't booked our private excursion in Falmouth so we're waiting until we get some certainty since those generally aren't refundable.

Heard from my son that they will most likely reverse the ports, but will probably decide tomorrow....:)

So if the storm does end up tracking like they say now and hits hard on Monday, would the airport even be open? We are supposed to fly in to Orlando at 10am to board the enchantment.

Hi,

We landed at MCO/Orlando today at around 4:20pm. When we went outside WOW!! Pouring rain, lightening and thunder heavy duty as we were in the taxi driving to our resort. The cabbie commented that he thought flights right after ours might be delayed due to the weather.

Soooo...yeah. That's all I have for a first hand experience. I'm grateful we landed safely and on time ( actually the Pilot said we were 20 minutes early).

Safe travels everyone.

:) Bobbi

Did Royal give out any compensation? Just wondering???

Yes, but they were much more generous back then than they are today. I think we got $300 OBC plus a certificate for half off a future cruise.

For those that had flown, or driven, in to the area before receiving the notice, Royal paid for two nights in hotels and food allowance.

Edited by Tagsalong

We're supposed to be on freedom on Sunday. Anyone know if they might change the itineraries of the current cruises to get them back ahead of the storm?

WHAT???

I am on the freedom now. Beautiful weather and calm seas on the western side. Glad we were diverted there. I have not heard anything about a shortened cruise. No talk of any storms!

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

I have this gut feeling the FR will NOT come into PC on Sunday...maybe get another day or so out of it...then those of us on the Aug 30th one,will be shortchanged..:(

Well,can't do anything about it......except hope Erika fizzles REAL soon..

Hi Kathy.

On freedom now. We have not heard anything about any changes. In fact there is really no talk of the storm at all. You know how it is, little world news when on a cruise. In any case, if you learn anything, please post .

Thank you

Marci