Next up Hurricane Erica

We leave on the Oasis Saturday, but fly in Friday. I'm way more anxious about bad weather when we fly in since I hate flying. I was very upset when the dates for our cruise were changed to the height of hurricane season (going with a group, little choice on dates), they said they got a better deal - uh yeah :rolleyes:. Also, I teach classes at a college and the original dates didn't interfere with that.

The only thing we have planned is Nachi in Cozumel, but they will let us change that if we need to due to itinerary changes, so I'm not too worried as long as there still space on the day we change to.

We're supposed to be on freedom on Sunday. Anyone know if they might change the itineraries of the current cruises to get them back ahead of the storm?

We are on this cruse as well! Leaving tomorrow for 3 days at Disney (why I picked this cruise so I didn't have to drive to Fort L). Already called my doctor for Zofram!

Edited by Into the Sun

Nothing yet, but I'm confident many people at RC are watching carefully. Today is too early to make specific plans based on projections that are probably good, but certainly can change. I'm been watching as a friend leaves on Freedom Sunday.

I've got people on EN this weekend, they won't be surprised if it ends up being a cruise to nowhere. No big deal, it happened to us on MN once and we still had a lot of fun.

Yes we did:) Dan and I get on Monday (I hope)

Edited by molly361

Nothing yet, but I'm confident many people at RC are watching carefully. Today is too early to make specific plans based on projections that are probably good, but certainly can change. I'm been watching as a friend leaves on Freedom Sunday.

as am I with 4 others too!

I've seen a lot of talk about re-routing FL based cruises headed to the Caribbean. Anyone know what they would do to re-route a Bermuda cruise leaving out of NJ if a storm comes up the East Coast? Or just want to speculate with me? :) Our cruise is still a little while away, but all this hurricane talk has me wondering what the options would be...

You would probably still go to Bermuda. I left Bayonne on the ExOS the evening before Sandy hit and after a couple of days (one really bad one) of weather we made it to Bermuda and had great weather.

You would probably still go to Bermuda. I left Bayonne on the ExOS the evening before Sandy hit and after a couple of days (one really bad one) of weather we made it to Bermuda and had great weather.

Interesting! my neighbor was on a cruise that ended up going up north to Boston or somewhere that way. She said it was pretty miserable. that could be due to the fact of knowing what was to come once she came home....

Right now National Hurricane Service has Erika coming into Florida on Monday near Palm Beach but other models have it going east of FL -- possibly Outer Banks or Out to Sea. Nothing is certain at this time.

Yeah current models have it making land fall pretty much right where I live. I'd rather close the storm shutters and get in a ship!

Also slated to board Freedom on Sunday. Fingers crossed that she makes it in safely to pick us up and take us out to calm waters. Safe & FUN journeys to all that are embarking this weekend. :)

I, along with quite a few friends, will be getting on Enchantment this Friday. Who knows where we'll end up going, but it will be better than work!

I agree! We are bringing lots of card games and plan to play cards with our friends from Ocala. Our friend from PR is not making it as SJU as closed the airport

Tropical Weather Update

August 26, 2015

4:00 p.m. E.S.T

Royal Caribbean International continues to closely monitor the path and progress of Tropical Storm Erika to ensure guests enjoy safe and comfortable cruises, and to make certain our ships steer clear of the storm. The safety of our guests and crew is always our foremost concern.

We encourage guests sailing on Adventures of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas and Independence of the Seas monitor this website for any additional updates.

If you have not done so already, we strongly suggest guests complete their online check-in as soon as possible, including the section on your preferred method of contact while traveling. You can access online check-in at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/onlinecheckin

Royal Caribbean will continue to closely monitor weather conditions and will update this information again tomorrow, August 27, 2015 at 4:00 p.m.

Surprisingly, no mention of Enchantment!

Edited by Tagsalong

I, along with quite a few friends, will be getting on Enchantment this Friday. Who knows where we'll end up going, but it will be better than work!

Should have no problem sailing Friday but you may have an extra day out there. EOS may not want to re-enter PC on Monday. We had an extra day a few years ago....nothing like an extra day courtesy of RCI.:D:D

MN = Monarch of the Seas

CTN = Cruise to Nowhere

Thanks a bunch Bob. I'm on here (mostly lurking) quite a bit and was wondering too. Acronyms are SO over used. It doesn't take but another second to type the whole thing.

BTW :p, how the heck does one get Monarch of the Seas out of MN?

Thanks a bunch Bob. I'm on here (mostly lurking) quite a bit and was wondering too. Acronyms are SO over used. It doesn't take but another second to type the whole thing.

BTW :p, how the heck does one get Monarch of the Seas out of MN?

MoNarch

MaJesty

OAsis

JeWel

There's no pattern! ;):)