Next up Hurricane Erica

Each ship in the fleet has a two letter designation used by Royal for internal identification. So MN = Monarch, EN = Enchantment, MJ = Majesty, etc etc.

Don't you know that acronyms make you feel important, because "you're in the know..." :p:D;)

444 Cruiser, airports do close for hurricanes and airlines don't like millions of dollars of jets sitting on airport tarmacs where they could get hit by debris. Since you land at 10am and you are presumably coming from the north or west, there's a chance your flight could get in before the airport closed.

But everything is up in the air right now. There are plenty of times when we in South Florida have been in this situation, and the storm dissolves into nothing more than heavy rain by the time it gets here.

Thanks a bunch Bob. I'm on here (mostly lurking) quite a bit and was wondering too. Acronyms are SO over used. It doesn't take but another second to type the whole thing.

BTW :p, how the heck does one get Monarch of the Seas out of MN?

Not like we made it up..RCCL did....

How about SS(Sovereign)?? Talk about no rhyme or reason...

Edited by PH8

I'm watching the latest updates....Erika will be south of PC Sunday..........so think we'll head out on FR and go due East??

OR could it be a remote possibility,FR wont even come back on time,since they would be coming in from the south???:confused::confused:

If the forecasts hold, it's going to be very hard for ships leaving out of PC or Port Everglades or Miami on Sunday to get south and into the Western Caribbean if the storm is barreling down on the Bahamas at 2pm Sunday. That would be an interesting ride. Can't imagine they would risk going east out past the Bahamas (or North) with the track being so uncertain.

And Monday would definitely look to be a day at sea for any ships scheduled to turn around that day.

Edited by MattInFLL

I've got people on EN this weekend, they won't be surprised if it ends up being a cruise to nowhere. No big deal, it happened to us on MN once and we still had a lot of fun.

We're on EN this wknd! We were on the cruise to nowhere on MN with you a few years back!

When Sovereign debuted in 1989 or 90 wasn't she the first ship to be named "...of the Seas" - so SS would actually make sense in that case.

But generally you can't rely on Royal to be logical. :)

I think the two letters also have to be unique among all their cruise lines (Celebrity, Azamara, etc.) too, because I've seen some email addresses for Celebrity ships that are the same @rccl.com format as Royal ships.

I have this gut feeling the FR will NOT come into PC on Sunday...maybe get another day or so out of it...then those of us on the Aug 30th one,will be shortchanged..:(

Well,can't do anything about it......except hope Erika fizzles REAL soon..

Maybe you guys will get lucky and get a couple of extra nights out of it!

How awesome that would be (as long as I'm not running into walls down hallways)! If the waves hold out I'll stay out as long as I need to! I'll sacrifice!

How awesome that would be (as long as I'm not running into walls down hallways)! If the waves hold out I'll stay out as long as I need to! I'll sacrifice!

I've only done one cruise that actually went through a hurricane, it was quite the ride. We had a forward cabin, it was like a rollercoaster at times.

We're on EN this wknd! We were on the cruise to nowhere on MN with you a few years back!

I'm also on EN Friday! Join our roll call!!

Yeah, I have a feeling it will be a cruise to nowhere. Doesn't matter. It's still a cruise.

I think they will be snug in Port Canaveral sometime on Sunday. With the extra space, there should be room

Edited by OTownNick

So, if Enchantment can't return on Monday, what happens to the EN cruise that leaves on Monday? We're not in the dilemma as others are since we live in northeast Florida but we were looking forward to the cruise.

You would get a shorter cruise......

I'm also on EN Friday! Join our roll call!!

Yeah, I have a feeling it will be a cruise to nowhere. Doesn't matter. It's still a cruise.

I think they will be snug in Port Canaveral sometime on Sunday. With the extra space, there should be room

I don't mind the cruise to nowhere but would prefer not being in PC a day early! See y'all onboard EN!

Seriously????:mad:

Well yes..if the previous cruise didn't come back till Tuesday, then your cruise would be shortened a day so it came back on Friday.

Has happened before on other ships.

Edited by PH8

I agree! We are bringing lots of card games and plan to play cards with our friends from Ocala. Our friend from PR is not making it as SJU as closed the airport

I can't find any confirmation of this online?

Edited by bouhunter