Next up Hurricane Erica

A Great Site for Florida Weather Radar is the Brighthouse Cable (News Channel 13) at:

http://mynews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/weather/radar/local.map.html/Florida.html

They also have close up radar for most counties and big cities and a link to the National Hurricane Center.

Here is the latest predicted path...

1440537842122.jpg

A Great Site for Florida Weather Radar is the Brighthouse Cable (News Channel 13) at:

http://mynews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/weather/radar/local.map.html/Florida.html

They also have close up radar for most counties and big cities and a link to the National Hurricane Center.

Here is the latest predicted path...

1440537842122.jpg

That's our default on the cable box, good old channel 13

Hmm. Looking at that map. We are supposed to leave Monday for the Bahamas. Where would we go if not the Bahamas? Do they ever cancel cruises?

It's rare, but they have cancelled cruises.

Flying in a day ahead for our Indy cruise Sunday. I'm worried about FL airport closing down? is it likely we could just stay in port Sunday night to accomodate those arriving late? what usually happens in these cases? I'm not worried--cruised a lot and I'm happy to just go anywhere really :)

Wow, just looked a current track and timing and it does not look good right now for Eastern Florida cruises this weekend. I hope for you all with cruises down there this weekend that this storm stays on the weak side and curves out to sea sooner than predicted. If there's a hurricane bearing down on South Florida on Sunday morning, then it's my guess that the ships will not be in port that day. Captains don't like their ships sitting in port when major storms are rolling through, they're way better off at sea. They may just sit in the Florida Straights and wait it out until Monday before heading into port. That's assuming the storm curves to the North after reaching Fl.

Lots of "ifs" in the coming days.

Edited by The Grumpus

are posting, but to predict the actual path until the last minute is not possible, think of the first hurricane in 2004 which was heading up the gulf coast of Fl to Tampa, and made a right turn and caught all weather forecasters with surprise.

I hope it turns into a TS and makes a turn into many of the islands who are in a drought.

They won't go to PC- A couple of years ago we were on the MN out of PC and we just went cruising around with no stops for 3 days.

CTN not allowed anymore.

But what if it is not planned?? Our MN cruise was NOT planned on a CTN......we headed out and that is just what happened...

But what if it is not planned?? Our MN cruise was NOT planned on a CTN......we headed out and that is just what happened...

I would think they would have an exception for circumstances beyond the cruise lines control:confused:

I don't know what MN is

I don't know what CTN is

Knock off the silliness

With that list of cruises you have, somehow I don't believe you don't know what that meant.:p

Edited by PH8

Watching this closely - leaving on Monday as well... Not concerned at all, unless they cancel, which does not seem likely. I rode out a hurricane in my house, somehow seem much safer on a ship :) Hoping there will be no impact for people on land....

We're supposed to be on freedom on Sunday. Anyone know if they might change the itineraries of the current cruises to get them back ahead of the storm?

No one here knows yet..RCCL will let us know.

Leaving Sunday on Indy.. flying in on Saturday so we will be in town..

hoping they try and make the departure time like 3pm and get us out of town to somewhere -- I have a feeling Mexico may be in our futures... Just want to get on and out -- praying hard... best case that erica just falls apart and goes away.