Next up Hurricane Erica

Hi,

We landed at MCO/Orlando today at around 4:20pm. When we went outside WOW!! Pouring rain, lightening and thunder heavy duty as we were in the taxi driving to our resort. The cabbie commented that he thought flights right after ours might be delayed due to the weather.

Soooo...yeah. That's all I have for a first hand experience. I'm grateful we landed safely and on time ( actually the Pilot said we were 20 minutes early).

Safe travels everyone.

:) Bobbi

In other words, a normal afternoon in central FL. ;)

Well since RCL's announcement does not mention the EN I guess everything will be okay for our sailing on Monday;) Yeah, sure it will be !!!!:eek:

You might be OK - it looks like Erika is heading more easterly. Might not even hit Florida directly.

You might be OK - it looks like Erika is heading more easterly. Might not even hit Florida directly.

Bing Bong told me last night they are trying to make Nassau. Coco Cay is VERY iffy (I am not counting on it). Things can still change but its looking better by the hour.

Those on the FR Sunday- my personal opinion is they COULD opt to stay in port Sunday and leave late Monday if the seas are really bad. Either way, you will still have 7 nights on the ship.

...Those on the FR Sunday- my personal opinion is they COULD opt to stay in port Sunday and leave late Monday if the seas are really bad. Either way, you will still have 7 nights on the ship.

That's possible if they think the weather won't be too bad in PC. I know if they were looking at a direct hit to PC, they would not stay tied up at the port because it would be too dangerous for the ship.

I wonder when RCL would make the decision not to bring the ship in on the scheduled day? If the FR was not going to come in on Sunday would they know Friday? Saturday?

Greetings from Freedom. When our Eastern became a Western, we were notified about 10 PM the evening prior to sailing. Many did not know till check in.

There is NO chatter on board about any itinerary or arrival changes. Just arrived in cayman islands. Sun is shining and seas are like glass.

Marci

Greetings from Freedom. When our Eastern became a Western, we were notified about 10 PM the evening prior to sailing. Many did not know till check in.

There is NO chatter on board about any itinerary or arrival changes. Just arrived in cayman islands. Sun is shining and seas are like glass.

Marci

Thanks Marci

Marci

Hi and thanks Marci....you staying on,by any chance??

Hi and thanks Marci....you staying on,by any chance??

No. Not this time. Hope to sail with you soon.

There is NO chatter about any itinerary change for the current sailing. If the freedom had to return early that would mean we would miss Cozumel tomorrow so that we can get back on Saturday. If that was the case, I think you would see mutiny on the sea.

If I learn anything on board, I'll be sure to post it. We will probably be the last to know anything.

Marci.

Bing Bong told me last night they are trying to make Nassau. Coco Cay is VERY iffy (I am not counting on it). Things can still change but its looking better by the hour.

Those on the FR Sunday- my personal opinion is they COULD opt to stay in port Sunday and leave late Monday if the seas are really bad. Either way, you will still have 7 nights on the ship.

Thanks for the update OTown! Eagerly awaiting the 4 pm update. Leaving from Georgia in the next couple hours to head to PC. Hopefully we won't have to turn around at 4!

Yes, but they were much more generous back then than they are today. I think we got $300 OBC plus a certificate for half off a future cruise.

For those that had flown, or driven, in to the area before receiving the notice, Royal paid for two nights in hotels and food allowance.

That was very generous. I would think that if a cruise was cancelled, they would handle like we have seen the other cancelled cruises, by offering a similar cruise, or by letting you apply the price paid to another cruise. If the cruise is shortened, I would hope there would be some compensation for the missed days. As for assisting with land hotels and food, I would think this would be similar to the airlines where if it is their fault (i.e. equipment or crew issues) then they would pay, but if it's out of their control (government or Acts of God), then it would be the passenger's problem to deal with. And that is why trip insurance is a good thing.

No. Not this time. Hope to sail with you soon.

There is NO chatter about any itinerary change for the current sailing. If the freedom had to return early that would mean we would miss Cozumel tomorrow so that we can get back on Saturday. If that was the case, I think you would see mutiny on the sea.

If I learn anything on board, I'll be sure to post it. We will probably be the last to know anything.

Marci.

Thanks Marci...........enjoy!

A fish storm? Never heard that term.

Is that like a Sharknado???:eek:

A fish storm is a storm that goes out to sea -- for an east coast hurricane, it heads east or north into the Atlantic Ocean. Sometimes it does affect Bermuda but usually it misses land until it hits Canada, Ireland, UK or nowhere as a storm weakening because of cold water.

Well since RCL's announcement does not mention the EN I guess everything will be okay for our sailing on Monday;) Yeah, sure it will be !!!!:eek:

What is "EN"?

I wonder when RCL would make the decision not to bring the ship in on the scheduled day? If the FR was not going to come in on Sunday would they know Friday? Saturday?

What is "FR"? I was guessing Freedom of the Seas, but wouldn't that be FOTS?

In other words, a normal afternoon in central FL. ;)

What is "FL"? (okay, just kidding on that one :D )

These abbreviations are killing me on CC! (see how I did that?) :rolleyes:

What is "EN"?

What is "FR"? I was guessing Freedom of the Seas, but wouldn't that be FOTS?

What is "FL"? (okay, just kidding on that one :D )

These abbreviations are killing me on CC! (see how I did that?) :rolleyes:

EN-Enchantment; FR - Freedom. RCI likes the 2 letter abbreviations as abbreviations like ROS could be Rhapsody of the Seas or Radiance of the Seas

Each ship in the fleet has a two letter designation used by Royal for internal identification. So MN = Monarch, EN = Enchantment, MJ = Majesty, etc etc.

Don't you know that acronyms make you feel important, because "you're in the know..." :p:D;)

Ah. I see. Well, at least there's a reason these things are being thown around, even if they don't make sense all the time.

I'm feeling more important with every post ! :p

EN-Enchantment; FR - Freedom. RCI likes the 2 letter abbreviations as abbreviations like ROS could be Rhapsody of the Seas or Radiance of the Seas

Thanks for that Sherri ! I'm learning :)

Edited by LUVtheNW

That was very generous. I would think that if a cruise was cancelled, they would handle like we have seen the other cancelled cruises, by offering a similar cruise, or by letting you apply the price paid to another cruise. If the cruise is shortened, I would hope there would be some compensation for the missed days. As for assisting with land hotels and food, I would think this would be similar to the airlines where if it is their fault (i.e. equipment or crew issues) then they would pay, but if it's out of their control (government or Acts of God), then it would be the passenger's problem to deal with. And that is why trip insurance is a good thing.

We had a cruise affected by Hurricane Issac back in August of 2012. We missed two days because the Port Authority closed Port Everglades on the day the

Allure was scheduled to be back in port. Compensation was quite fair. We received $650 refundable OBC for the cabin (plus $200 for the third person in the room), a voucher for 10% off the next cruise, $100 per person per day for food for the two days missed and reimbursement of 2 days for hotel at a maximum of 125.00 per room per day. Needless to say we ate very well for those two days in Ft. Lauderdale. We were also credited back 2 days in prepaid gratuities in the form of OBC. Would have preferred to have the full cruise but I really can't complain.

We had a cruise affected by Hurricane Issac back in August of 2012. We missed two days because the Port Authority closed Port Everglades on the day the

Allure was scheduled to be back in port. Compensation was quite fair. We received $650 refundable OBC for the cabin (plus $200 for the third person in the room), a voucher for 10% off the next cruise, $100 per person per day for food for the two days missed and reimbursement of 2 days for hotel at a maximum of 125.00 per room per day. Needless to say we ate very well for those two days in Ft. Lauderdale. We were also credited back 2 days in prepaid gratuities in the form of OBC. Would have preferred to have the full cruise but I really can't complain.

This sounds fair.

Ya, that seems really fair, considering it was no fault of the cruise line.

I wonder how the folks still on board were compensated for their "inconvenience".

I would love to be stuck on the ship a couple extra days, but there would certainly be extra costs that one wouldn't have accounted for. ie. increased airfare home, missed work, etc.... Anyone know?

Way back in 2004 on NV, we were out to sea for an extra two days. The port and FLL were both closed. Therefore, we were not charged a fee for changing our flights. RCI allowed pax free long distance phone time for contacting airlines and rescheduling flights. The pax that were to board on that Sun. had the option of a full refund or partial refund for the ensuing 5 night cruise. Don't remember what RCI did about airfare for those folks. Back then I think most lines only charded $100 for flight changes.