Comedy Club On Allure

freeon

We will be on the Allure in September. What are the chances we can get into the comedy club without a reservation.

It is the hardest venue to get into without a reservation because it is small.

I would go to Studio B as soon as you board and try to get reservations. They hold back some spaces for onboard booking.

We will be on the Allure in September. What are the chances we can get into the comedy club without a reservation.

When we went last spring, we had reservations. On the night we attended, there was a line of about 25 people without reservations. I think maybe 2 or 3 got in. So the message is, if you don't have a reservation, make sure you get in the no reservation line at least an hour before showtime. If you're at the front of the line, there's a chance. But I would go with the above recommendation of heading to Studio B as soon as you get on board.

I know you have some answers, but since you said WE, I will add that if you show up early and get in line there is a fair chance you will get in and a good chance any seats available won't be together.

We were on the Oasis earlier this month. We had reservations for a 10:30 comedy show, but ended up with a schedule conflict and couldnt get there in time. Decided to get in the standby line for the midnight show. There were probably 50 people in that standby line and we all ended up with seats. I think the late shows are a better bet if you can't get reservations.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Forums mobile app

Having just sailed the Oasis the sister ship we reserved the last show on a Tuesday. There were many no shows. After they opened the standby line all those people got in. There was still empty seats in our scheduled time when the first comedian started. Luck ? Or not. People book and don't show.

Thanks for all the info. As reserving I don't have to wait on board to reserve because I can still reserve true my cruise planner. However the reason I didn't want to reserve is because we don't like being on a schedule. If there is one night we feel like going we would just go but that doesn't seem likely. Might just have to pick a night and book it and if we go that's good and if we miss it it's not the end of the world.

As for the comment about the late show on oasis I don't think this is an option on allure. In my cruise compass it only 9:30 and the later show is Spanish. Unless there is another English late show not listed on my cruise planner. I would prefer later anyway.

Thanks for all the info. As reserving I don't have to wait on board to reserve because I can still reserve true my cruise planner. However the reason I didn't want to reserve is because we don't like being on a schedule. If there is one night we feel like going we would just go but that doesn't seem likely. Might just have to pick a night and book it and if we go that's good and if we miss it it's not the end of the world.

As for the comment about the late show on oasis I don't think this is an option on allure. In my cruise compass it only 9:30 and the later show is Spanish. Unless there is another English late show not listed on my cruise planner. I would prefer later anyway.

There will also be one "family" type comedy show in the main theater at some point during the cruise. This show cannot be booked in advance, you just show up.

On the Oasis we waited to the stand by line three times because the first 2 night we did not get in even though we were about 10th in line. The third night we did. We were trying to get in the earlier shows since our daughter was in kids club and we could not do the late night shows!

Its so easy,just make a reservation on line.No need to wait in line to find out you wont get in.The comedy club show is great.You dont want to miss it.

I understand not wanting to be on a schedule but this show is very funny.Its worth sticking to a schedule for one hour on the ship.

Edited by rtazz17

I agree that you should probably book, but I think that the comedy show on the allure in the Mediterranean may not be as hard to get into as some people think. I went to the show on 18 August at 7:30 and 10 minutes before the show started there were less than 20 people there. It never filled up - I sat in the third row and had no one in front of me. Hardrocknerd in this excellent review http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2251756&highlight=comedy&page=2 says that the show didn't filled up on August 16 either.

What about making a reservation for the last night of the show, so you at least have a reservation. If you feel like going to an earlier show go and get in the standby line. If you get in, great, you can cancel your reservation. If you don't get in you still have a seat reserved. I understand not wanting to be on a schedule, but I don't think it is fun to stand that long in line and still not guaranteed to get in.