Auto tip Britainnia

rochdalepaul

Hi rochdalepaul, not sure you can close down a thread unless a moderator does it for you. Still, I wish they would so Millers couldnt spout their rubbsish re not tipping. 7 posts on the forum and they have hardly been constructive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tut, tut. Probably not constructive because it doesn't meet your obviously one-sided opinion. We are all entitled to say what we think. It's not rubbish (check the spelling) it's my contribution to a discussion. Don't throw the dummy out if you don't agree.

No dummy throwing here. Just that the vast majority of those sailing with you know tipping is an added extra. That puts you in the minority. Anyone thinking about cruising associates it with tipping.

Hi rochdalepaul, not sure you can close down a thread unless a moderator does it for you. Still, I wish they would so Millers couldnt spout their rubbsish re not tipping. 7 posts on the forum and they have hardly been constructive.

They smell a chance to cause aggro and have jumped on it. They are best ignored.

Yes correct. That's why they seem more concerned about ticking the boxes on the questionnaire than they do about tips. If they get "excellent", they get the bonus.

Three "Excellent" cabin responses; from the group a steward cleans and services, are needed to get the bonus, so that is a way some people who do not want to actually part with money can assist the low paid staff in a living wage. Some people might like to know this as it costs people nothing but is crucial to staff.

I leave the auto-tips in place and then tip in addition in whatever currency I have left over or available. This is the simplest and easiest way to deal with the tips issue in my opinion. You tip extra to those you want to or those not covered. There is no queueing at reception for specific currencies or to cancel anything you just cruise along.

Never had a complaint from any recipient for any currency the only comment I have been told by a waiter is "You have already tipped, Sir" and I simply replied "I know". It makes the journey home nicer.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

I have never said I don't tip, we do. But I object to being told how much I should tip. P and O should pay a living wage it's not my part in this contract to supplement the staff to make a living wage. I will tip (what I feel appropriate) as a reward and thanks for good service, which it always is, but not to provide a living wage. That is P and O s part in the deal. By the way I have cruised with P and O for over 25 years on a regular basis, both long and short haul, so I have contributed not only to staff funds but more to P and O profits.

Three "Excellent" cabin responses; from the group a steward cleans and services, are needed to get the bonus, so that is a way some people who do not want to actually part with money can assist the low paid staff in a living wage. Some people might like to know this as it costs people nothing but is crucial to staff.

I leave the auto-tips in place and then tip in addition in whatever currency I have left over or available. This is the simplest and easiest way to deal with the tips issue in my opinion. You tip extra to those you want to or those not covered. There is no queueing at reception for specific currencies or to cancel anything you just cruise along.

Never had a complaint from any recipient for any currency the only comment I have been told by a waiter is "You have already tipped, Sir" and I simply replied "I know". It makes the journey home nicer.

Regards John

Best post in this thread....[emoji106][emoji122][emoji122]