Extra Points

I agree, both must spend $450 if they both want the points.

However, if a couple is linked, their effective point total is the higher of the two. So the second person does not need to earn the points to get the benefit.

For example, Harry has 169 points and Sally has 169 points. Harry and Sally are linked. Harry and Sally go on a 3-day cruise in an inside. Harry spends $450 on his SeaPass, Sally spends nothing on her SeaPass. After the cruise, Harry has 175 points, 3 from the cruise and 3 from the $450. Sally has 172 points, just the 3 from the cruise. A week later they both log into their C&A accounts, and each one shows 175 points and D+ level, because they are linked.

Are they both in the same inside cabin or do they both have an inside cabin?

The wording is confusing.

I read it as if each person needed to spend $450 in order for anyone to get the points. So if 2 people are in a room, and 1 person spent $450, but the other spent only $200, no one would get the points. I could be wrong.

I read it the same way. :confused::confused:

I got the same thing too. I was thinking about buying a nice watch on board….this might just do the trick. I am going solo, so the math is easier for my situation.

Edited by dabucs

The wording is confusing.

I read it as if each person needed to spend $450 in order for anyone to get the points. So if 2 people are in a room, and 1 person spent $450, but the other spent only $200, no one would get the points. I could be wrong.

I agree that there's no telling what Royal means. Hopefully, they will modify the fine print to be unambiguous after reading this thread.

What about the case when two friends are sharing the stateroom, unlinked with each other. They each have their own, separate SeaPass account. Do you think that if one person spent $450 and the other spent $100, they would deny points to both? I guess that could be true, but it does not make sense to me.

It's typical Royal lack of clear writing. They need you as a proofreader.

So what happens if you are a single? Do you need to spend $450 or $900 to get the points? If they let a single have 3 points with $450, I would think they would let one person who spends $450 get the points, even if the other person in the stateroom does not spend their $450.

I would volunteer for the job without batting an eye!

I got the Royal Insider email yesterday. In it there is a section on Loyalty Ambassadors and they list 22 of them. They have some on 2 ships, which could be a possibility if they cover for each other. But this is the best of the best in the way of an RCI faux pax

Maria Liamshyna

Loyalty Ambassador

Make sure you notice what ship she is on!!:eek:

There is no way we could ever come up with $900 in purchases after we use up our $550 in OBC. Really RC? Not worth it for 3 cruise points.

You can spend $900, not even touch your OBC, and still use that OBC to pay off your bill when you get home. You just have to know how to do it!;):p In fact, there are many people doing it every day on ships.

Edited by cruisenfever

Yes, I thought it was quite funny at the time since the T&Cs weren't not known. Now, I am thinking in the other direction. :D

I guess, but that's the kind of comment and smilie choice that makes folks think Pinnacles are snooty.

I for one have no problem working the system on my road to the upper tiers. Just wish we could of gotten some of those old cruise points for the 3 day cruises back in the day. As it is we only got one or two of those little gems. :(

I guess, but that's the kind of comment and smilie choice that makes folks think Pinnacles are snooty.

I for one have no problem working the system on my road to the upper tiers. Just wish we could of gotten some of those old cruise points for the 3 day cruises back in the day. As it is we only got one or two of those little gems. :(

I do apologize as it was not intended to be a snooty remark as that is not the way we are, believe me.:o I guess I used the wrong smiley!

Edited by cruisenfever

I do apologize as it was not intended to be a snooty remark as that is not the way we are, believe me.:o I guess I used the wrong smiley!

No worries, from what I can tell these past several years, you're a pretty good egg :D

I would volunteer for the job without batting an eye!

I got the Royal Insider email yesterday. In it there is a section on Loyalty Ambassadors and they list 22 of them. They have some on 2 ships, which could be a possibility if they cover for each other. But this is the best of the best in the way of an RCI faux pax

Maria Liamshyna

Loyalty Ambassador

Make sure you notice what ship she is on!!:eek:

Now how do you know that they are not naming Oasis IV Maria OTS?