Hairdryer in balcony cabin Eclipse .. Info please

seapals2

Could someone tell me what type of hairdryer I will find in our balcony cabin next week on Eclipse. Standard plug in style or fixed to the wall unit.

Plug style in drawer of vanity by the balcony. Bring a rubber band to hold down switch. Have a wonderful trip!

I don't know the brand name but it is a plug in. The dryer is travel size, a bit loud and doesn't get real hot. As mentioned above a rubberband is helpful to hold down the "on" button. Otherwise you have to keep your finger on it the entire time you are drying your hair, which is not an easy task.

If you have long hair or thick hair it might be worth it to try to squeeze your own dryer in your luggage. I have short hair thats not too thick so this dryer works just fine for me.

• 3 weeks later...
Bring your own. The dryers do not work well. If you have long or thick hair you will have a problem. Enjoy your cruise

I echo that recommendation: bring you own. The in room hair dryers are really bad, and that's a compliment.

Edited by soxfan2013

I have long hair and they work fine for me. I have a long strip of velcro that works fine for holding down the on button.

I always wondered how folks did the rubber band thing as you'd have to stretch it over the hairdryer - but Velcro - that genius!

Unless you don´t want to risk to end up in the naughty room to pick up your luggage I don´t recommend to bring your own! Hair dryers are on the "no go" list of any cruise line. You might be lucky and they don´t see yours. But you have to be prepared to have it taken and returned by the end of the cruise.

steamboats

Unless you don´t want to risk to end up in the naughty room to pick up your luggage I don´t recommend to bring your own! Hair dryers are on the "no go" list of any cruise line. You might be lucky and they don´t see yours. But you have to be prepared to have it taken and returned by the end of the cruise.

steamboats

Since I've been considering buying a travel size hair dryer I went and revisited the list of "what not to pack". Hair dryers are NOT banned on the list as posted on Celebrity's website.

Since it frequently comes up, curling irons are NOT banned either.

Since I've been considering buying a travel size hair dryer I went and revisited the list of "what not to pack". Hair dryers are NOT banned on the list as posted on Celebrity's website.

Since it frequently comes up, curling irons are NOT banned either.

Agree, I always bring a curling iron and blow dryer. Be sure portable one's have enough power.

Iron's for clothing are banned.