Table for two

Jaylie

We just booked our first Celebrity cruise (4 night Bahama cruise). I booked this online and requested traditional dining, but I didn't see a place to request table size. We want a table for two. We will be on the Infinity ship.

We just booked our first Celebrity cruise (4 night Bahama cruise). I booked this online and requested traditional dining, but I didn't see a place to request table size. We want a table for two. We will be on the Infinity ship.

When you get onboard there should be a table card in your cabin

Take it to dining room and check that it is truly a table for 2. A couple of cruises ago, we did check, it was a table for 2 -- but by the time we got down at dinner time we were assigned a huge table. We spoke to maitre d along with others and it was changed by next evening.

Just to let you know -- sometimes all efforts for that table for 2 -- sometimes the planets align and sometimes not. But you can work it out if need be -- sometimes that perfect table is right there, no effort at all.

Happy sailing.

We have only done 2 Celebrity cruises and have done Select Dining and have always gotten a table for 2.

Each to their own, but we really enjoy our time together and wouldn't want to share with anybody unless we met them first and decided to enjoy a meal together.

Life is short!

Tagging on: I will be solo in December and enjoy my alone time greatly. Can I assume I should have the same chances for a two-top (to dine alone) if requested?

Also, I read in another thread that you can have MDR meals delivered as room service. I asked the person to clarify/confirm (e.g., perhaps this is a suite perk?) but I think they have me on ignore. :) just wondering if that is a real thing, as I would definitely take advantage of it.

The tables for two are usually not in the prime areas of the restaurant. They are by entrances or busy aisles. We did that on one cruise and part way through the cruise, we asked to join a larger table.

Part of cruising is meeting new people and sharing stories of excursions, unique sights you saw, and possibly making longtime friends. I now know 2 Australian couples and we have a good time Facetiming at weird hours.

We like the tables for 6 and rotate around to different places at the table each day to get chances to talk to all the table mates.

I would hope the solo cruiser would take the opportunity to join a table and experience the same thing instead of dining in the cabin by their self.

I know that cruisers by and large are an outgoing bunch, and I respect that. I just happen to be an introvert (of the classic definition) who also likes cruises. Small talk for me is work, and makes me tired, which is not what I vacation for. (I also have an extremely dry sense of humor, so my table mates may also find me a bit off putting.) Meanwhile I'm booked in AQ but the MDR dinners look far more appealing. So I'd still appreciate if anyone could answer my questions. :)

Edited by perditax

I know that cruisers by and large are an outgoing bunch, and I respect that. I just happen to be an introvert (of the classic definition) who also likes cruises. Small talk for me is work, and makes me tired, which is not what I vacation for. (I also have an extremely dry sense of humor, so my table mates may also find me a bit off putting.) Meanwhile I'm booked in AQ but the MDR dinners look far more appealing. So I'd still appreciate if anyone could answer my questions. :)

We are very introverted as well. If u have never tried BLU..give it a try. What I enjoy about BLU is at the bottom of the menu they have 3 meals that are always there..a steak, chicken and salmon....so if I dont like 1 of the 4 selections, I just have the steak,lol

We are very introverted as well. If u have never tried BLU..give it a try. What I enjoy about BLU is at the bottom of the menu they have 3 meals that are always there..a steak, chicken and salmon....so if I dont like 1 of the 4 selections, I just have the steak,lol

I may very well do that, but the desserts didn't look too appealing. But I suppose I shouldn't worry about what menus I'll get till I'm on board. :)

I may very well do that, but the desserts didn't look too appealing. But I suppose I shouldn't worry about what menus I'll get till I'm on board. :)

Sometimes the desserts were not appealing..so went to Cafe Bacio deck 5 and they had better selections (all free). Or go up to deck 14 in the buffet for ice cream that they make right on the ship (free) or back on deck 5 across from Cafe Bacio is a Gelato place (not free) We were normally to full for dessert,lol

1 can always talk to the BLU Maitre D and she/he can arrange something for the MDR!

In BLU if you really want to be by yourself, just sit away from the windows, closer to the rear as it is not to busy back there.

It's all you, take care of what is important. do you not fill this info out, way in advance, yes. and you always like to confirm if a better seat is around.

You picked a cabin room, so yes you picked a Dining Area.

They will give you a table fitted for Four, they will take away the two chairs and setting, if the 1st/2nd seating is the same as you, if not, They will take it away, only the settings when you are seated.

You may sit on the side, with groups lined up shown in pictures all on the site here, not the first or last topic about this.

Check in early, you can always change your table, any time you like, and see the change in advance, you may like the change, or hate it. reasons people change are the people not used to other people, the company may not be the best, but we-all cope with it

Peace Gopro63

The tables for two are usually not in the prime areas of the restaurant. They are by entrances or busy aisles. We did that on one cruise and part way through the cruise, we asked to join a larger table.

Part of cruising is meeting new people and sharing stories of excursions, unique sights you saw, and possibly making longtime friends. I now know 2 Australian couples and we have a good time Facetiming at weird hours.

We like the tables for 6 and rotate around to different places at the table each day to get chances to talk to all the table mates.

I would hope the solo cruiser would take the opportunity to join a table and experience the same thing instead of dining in the cabin by their self.

Not all tables for two are located by the entrance. Our 2014 B2B Cruise on the Summit we had a table for two. It was located in the back of the MDR by the huge windows and the Captains table. Great view of the Grand staircase and the rest of the MDR. Prime location.

Edited by davekathy

We have had tables for two on several cruises. All of these tables were well situated in the MDR. If you order dinner during traditional dining times, you can get a room service meal off of the MDR menu. Be sure to look at the menu first -- it's posted outside the DR -- then call room service with your order.

Not every one need to meet new people during vacation. For us it's family time only . We are working and don't spend enough time together, and I really don't enjoy answering stupid questions- how many kids we have and what we do for money while I am chewing . Eating wit strangers it's most annoying thing I can imagine for my vacation .

We have had tables for two on several cruises. All of these tables were well situated in the MDR. If you order dinner during traditional dining times, you can get a room service meal off of the MDR menu. Be sure to look at the menu first -- it's posted outside the DR -- then call room service with your order.

Thank you so much!

Just go to DR first thing you on board and ask them what table you got. If you are not happy go see Maitre d' right away and change it,we never had a problem . Lots of people do it. Sitting for 2 hours every evening with other 10 people sounds like night mare for me .

There are also three appetizers that are always available in Blu: shrimp cocktail, escargot and onion soup. Enjoy!

There have been many times that our table for two was an excellent location, either near a window or on the rails overlooking the floor below. It is nice that you find a cruise to be a social experience, and it is always nice to make friends. For us, we want The exact opposite experience. We catch up with each other, and are there to spend quality time with each other that we don't always get at home. I think everyone has a different opinion on this issue, and luckily the ship can accommodate both views.

I must take issue, as gently as possible, with most everything you wrote.

While many two tops are in rather busy areas, many are not. DW and I have turned down tables on aisles and quietly waited to be shown a less busy seating. No problem for us or for the staff.

Part of cruising is to enjoy oneself, and for us that means spending time together at dinner and perhaps meeting people in other venues. If we don't, it is not the end of the world.

I was once told that people are as careful about dinner companions, as they are about sexual companions. There's a lot of truth in that. Frankly, there have been times when I was aghast at the table manners of nearby diners. Having to spend even one night across from them would be painful.

I married for the first time at 50, so I had the joy of dining alone on many a night. Why some people think a single diner is not enjoying himself is beyond me. They just might be having the best time of anyone in the restaurant.:D

Nice to see the introverts having their turn at last. Eating at a table with strangers is something I would expect to find in Dante's vision of hell.

Extroverts talk about it as if it is something you "should" do and one of the best parts of cruising. They just don't get it. For me it's one of the things that had me avoiding cruises for a very long time.