Our Beautiful Breeze cruise (with pics) 8/15/15

Jamman54

The next morning around 8:30, we left the Sonesta Suites to begin our four hour journey down the Florida Turnpike to Miami. We arrived at our destination just before 1pm, the Holiday Inn – Port of Miami, on Biscayne Boulevard…..

CB0001.JPG

We chose this hotel based on the recommendations of other reviewers here on Cruise Critics, and were not disappointed. The one negative is that there is no self parking, only valet parking, costing $27 a day. Here is a picture of the hotel restaurant located in the lobby…..

CB0002.JPG

Again, our suite was not ready when we arrived. No problem, we’ll just go across the street to the Bayside Marketplace, walk around, and grab a bite to eat. Here are a few pictures…..

CB0004.JPG

CB00006.JPG

I spy a whale tail in the distance (belongs to the Ecstasy)…..

CB0007.JPG

We decided to go to Bubba Gump’s for lunch…..

CB0005.JPG

To be continued…..

Ryan and I at Bubba Gump’s…..

CB0009.JPG

CB0010.JPG

Run Forrest Run…..

CB0008.JPG

Ryan is doing his best Forrest Gump imitation…..

CB0021.JPG

After lunch, we walked around Bayside some more. This is the Bayside Banyan tree…..

CB0013.JPG

CB0014.JPG

To be continued…..

The Hard Rock Café at Bayside….

CB0016.JPG

Once back at the hotel, we had to wait a little longer for our suite to be ready, but once it was, we were well pleased. We had a corner king suite with bay view on the 9th floor, room 911…..

CB0022.JPG

This is the living room with a sofa bed where Ryan will be sleeping…..

CB0026.JPG

Here is Ryan in the small kitchen area…..

CB0027.JPG

There is a coffee maker and a microwave on one side……

CB0028.JPG

A sink and a small fridge on the other side…..

CB0029.JPG

To be continued…..

Those king suites are fabulous aren't they? If I booked the holiday inn again I would probably book one of these. We were upgraded to one for free last time and now we are hooked! Love these rooms! Although, I can't remember what floor we were on!

It's here, it's here! The Jamman54 review is here. The best way to fill the next 12 days until I cruise the Pride! (Luvsmygsdog - looks like we are sailing together :))

Edited by Pandot

The bathroom and shower….

CB0023.JPG

CB0024.JPG

This was our bedroom…..

CB0031.JPG

This was the perfect table for a laptop…..

CB0032.JPG

Being that we had the corner suite, we had a 270 degree view of the area. Here is the Majesty of the Seas and the Bimini Superfast…..

CB0035.JPG

This was our view of the bay…..

CB0038.JPG

To be continued…..

The American Airlines Arena is nearby…..

CB0048.JPG

Here is a view of the upper decks of the Majesty of the Seas…..

CB0049.JPG

There are plenty of tour busses around…..

CB0050.JPG

CB0051.JPG

The Norwegian Sky is docked the furthest away…..

CB0055.JPG

It’s sail away time! The Majesty of the Seas was the first to leave. Here is the Carnival Ecstasy approaching the turning basin…..

CB0058.JPG

To be continued…..

Around 6pm, Patti and Ryan decided to take another walk to Bayside. I was feeling tired, so I decided to stay behind and just enjoy the views from our room. I got a couple of shots of Patti and Ryan across the street…..

CB0077.JPG

CB0078.JPG

They came back a short time later, and we decided to eat at the hotel restaurant in the lobby. The food was decent and not too overpriced. Afterwards, we just hung out in the room getting ready for tomorrow morning, when after fifteen months of waiting, we would finally be boarding the Carnival Breeze!!

Yay! So glad to see another review from you. Your ports on this one are the exact ones we will be doing on our Conquest cruise in February, so I'm excited to see Patti's pictures of these ports.

Thanks for the pictures of the Orlando Eye too. It's funny, we live in Orlando and watched it being built for the longest time, but we still haven't managed to go and check it out (although we say we are going to every time we pass it on the highway!).

Subscribing!! We're on the Breeze this fall, and following along on your review will be a fun way to gear up for it! :)

Thanks for following along! You will enjoy the Breeze. I see you are doing the same itinerary so take notes! :D

yay! I've been looking forward to this! 1.5 weeks until I leave on the Glory. new review reading just in time :)

Thanks for reading. Have a great cruise on the Glory. We enjoyed our cruises on her.

Yeesssssss! I've been looking forward to this review!

Thanks for coming along for the ride!

Yay!!!! Great start to another one of your wonderful reviews! I've checked a few times today to see if you had started your review and just like promised, here it is!

Thanks for reading! I always try to keep my promises! :)

Woohoo ! Another great Jamman review :D Can't wait to see your views of St Kitts and San Juan....those are 2 of our ports on the Sunshine Journeys cruise in Nov. It was thanks to you that we joined the ranks of renting a cabana at Grand Turk...which turned out to be the best ! Thanks so much for taking your time and to your wife for all the great pictures to do another review :D

Thanks for the kind words and for following along. We have a ton of pics from St.Kitts and San Juan, so stay tuned. Glad you enjoyed your cabana at GT. Did you have Ricardo or Winsome as your cabana attendant?

Those king suites are fabulous aren't they? If I booked the holiday inn again I would probably book one of these. We were upgraded to one for free last time and now we are hooked! Love these rooms! Although, I can't remember what floor we were on!

Our corner king suite was awesome. I will request room 911 again if we ever sail from Miami again.

It's here, it's here! The Jamman54 review is here. The best way to fill the next 12 days until I cruise the Pride! (Luvsmygsdog - looks like we are sailing together :))

Thanks for reading! Enjoy your cruise on the Pride. She is still my favorite Carnival ship, no knock on the Breeze.

God bless you for your dedication. THRILLED to be "going on another cruise with you." :p Thank you for sharing and I will look forward to the rest of your journey! :)

Hey Karry!! Always a pleasure to have you along for the ride! :)

Yay! So glad to see another review from you. Your ports on this one are the exact ones we will be doing on our Conquest cruise in February, so I'm excited to see Patti's pictures of these ports.

Thanks for the pictures of the Orlando Eye too. It's funny, we live in Orlando and watched it being built for the longest time, but we still haven't managed to go and check it out (although we say we are going to every time we pass it on the highway!).

Thanks for reading. We enjoyed this itinerary.

The Orlando Eye was fun to do.... once.

I think ths is the earliest i've been to a Jamman Review! Already looking amazing! Can't Wait to see your opinion on the ship!

Thanks for dropping in. We're just getting warmed up!! :)

I don't know anything about the Ecstasy, but it looks like there's very few balconies on that ship. What's up with that?

The Ecstasy is a Fantasy Class ship, like the Imagination and Elation which you have been on, and they have very few balconies. In fact, the Ecstasy, Sensation, and Fascination had additional balconies added on mid ship and aft, which you can see in the pictures.

Hi Jeff,

Was great to meet you at the gathering the first day! Not sure we even ran into each other again, unfortunately. Think we ended up next door to you in the cabanas on Grand Turk. Following, reliving awesome times!

Hey Ellen, it was great meeting you as well. Let me know as this review progresses, if you see yourself in any of the pictures.

Subscribed.

Jamman54 - will you be posting the FunTimes? I have enjoyed many of your reviews but can't recall if you usually post them.

We will be on the Breeze for the first time later this year. Can't wait for the rest of your review.

Thanks.