Help!

IAMCRZIN

Who cares what your husband wears? Does it really matter? I guess maybe I am missing something here? I have to agree with the above poster Andee...you are not going to the Prom! Seriously, let him dress appropriately in whatever, and have a great cruise! :)

Wow...i'm pretty much sorry i asked....:( why do people have to be so hateful! Thank you to the ones that gave me answers without being that way. Sorry i didn't explain why i was asking the question...didn't know i had to!! Have a good day!!

Edited by IAMCRZIN

I don't understand the objection to coordinating colors. I like to get nice pictures on formal nights, so I'd prefer we not clash and look like we're together.

I agree 100%. If Walt and I are having pictures made, you better believe that I am picking out what both of us are wearing. I like the clothes to compliment each other and therefore enhance the portrait. Oh, if we are not doing professional photos that night, then he can pick out whatever he wants to wear. This works for us and Walt prefers it this way.

OP, I would go with the black shirt for your DH, but white would also look fine. I would avoid pastels or a blue shirt. Even though gold and black are both neutrals and everything goes with a neutral, I would try to have his shirt compliment your outfit. Especially if you are doing photos.

Lisa

DH can (really) pick out a shirt that will clash with khaki pants, so I get in the way of his picking out his own clothes for special occasions. In the '70s, when striped or checked pants were in style for men, some of the outfits he put on were practically painful to see.

IAMCRZIN, I think you're overreacting to say that people who disagree with you are hateful. No one said anything as unpleasant as that to you.

It wasn't my intention to hurt any feelings. My dad, brother, etc. hate it when myself or my mother try to tell them what to wear. Your hubs might be different. I would be extremely offended, but I am neither a man, nor your man. [emoji6]

Edited by LMW1330

I like it when me and my bf match, it's cute and fun. I keep trying to get him to do couple shirts or hoodies and he hates the idea XP oh well still going to.

As for your question I would do either white or black, though if it was my bf I would choose a gold colour with a black tie for him just cause XP. Though black with like a gold/black tie (especially a skinny gold tie, I am in love with skinny ties on a guy or.....a bowtie.<3) as suggested would be quiet dignified and grown up like.

Despite what some said, there is nothing wrong with matching, or at least coordinating colors, even if "you're two separate people and not twins".

The only thing I dislike seeing is the lady dressed in a gorgeous cocktail dress and the gentleman in khakis and a golf shirt. It's so much nicer when both are dressed in the same type of clothing.

It wasn't my intention to hurt any feelings. My dad, brother, etc. hate it when myself or my mother try to tell them what to wear. Your hubs might be different. I would be extremely offended, but I am neither a man, nor your man. [emoji6]

It wasn't your comment that got me. But yes my hubs likes for me to help him because he has no clue but wants to look nice. He dresses in dress pants and dress shirts for his job and i also help him with that because when he does choose his own...well lets just say sometimes i think he is color blind...lol

I'm wearing a gold lacy shirt that has a black liner under it with black dress pants. What color of dress shirt should my husband wear?? :confused: TIA

The way I see it...you are wearing two neutrals.

So you should be able to have a lot of fun with your DH's outfit. Assuming your DH has a black suit...

I would start with his tie. Find a tie that includes some golden colors and if not black, then a dark, dark color that is close enough, and also some other colors...like in a paisley tie...and pick up one of the other colors in the tie for his shirt.

For instance...an all neutrals kind of palette might start from a tie like this one:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaSmzeeHIV9eIFUS61BEbG5fGFofj7eJBJ-hZbi_1RA05k29MvGQ

Pick up on the lovely gray color in the tie for the shirt.

Then you both will be in a kind of sophisticated all neutral kind of look.

I wouldn't have the gold/black be too major a color in the tie...as that would look a bit too matchy and less coordinated.

You could go gold toned...depending on your DH's coloring...and go into a butterscotch/topaz kind of direction like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAJN691gt9AK2GasDvI7xMwFCymLXbFcnbxdo_U0ciWZsCfkSB

And the shirt could be anywhere from a deep russet kind of color through topaz through some of the warm taupes/tan color in the tie...

If you could find a design with something like a warm reddish burgundy...that seems harmonious to my mind as well.

Anyway...I think I made my point. Treat yourself like a neutral and play with introducing a new color or another neutral (besides white) that looks good on your DH.

My DH looks fab in all Autumn colors so I would be going for mustard, butterscotch, rust, russet, burgundy, maybe a chocolate brown?, a warm khaki, a deep tan, a warm charcoal gray, maybe cream?, maybe butter?...

PLAY. Have fun with it.

Hope you get a great picture!