Eight Day Cruises

Mary49

Depends. Depends. Depends.

Which cruise line? Carnival- No. Celebrity- Yes.

Which Itinerary? Bermuda- No. Carib or Med- Yes.

$1000 for 8 days is not that expensive for a solo occupying a cabin designed for two passengers. That's $62.50/pp per day.

Depends. Depends. Depends.

Which cruise line? Carnival- No. Celebrity- Yes.

Which Itinerary? Bermuda- No. Carib or Med- Yes.

$1000 for 8 days is not that expensive for a solo occupying a cabin designed for two passengers. That's $62.50/pp per day.

Okay, it is on Carnival Splendor - Western Caribbean out of Miami. Runs about $936.00 January 17, 2016. Air/Hotel extra. Should I go for it? Thanks for any info.

Only you of course know your budget and comfort level, but it would seem reasonable to me. I tried to look up the itinerary as that's a big factor to me, but I see it as a 7-day not an 8-day. It is a nice itinerary if I found the correct cruise.

If your dates/duration are slightly flexible, there's a 10-day Carnival Journeys cruise on Glory that leaves Miami on the 23rd. It's around the same price as the 17th and has a nice itinerary. The only drawback is it ends in San Juan not back in Miami.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How much are you guys willing to pay for a solo 8 day cruise? It just seems soo high. Would you pay over a $1,000 plus extra for air/hotel? Just curious. Would that stop you?

I just booked a 10 day Panama Canal cruise (Coral Princess - October 2016). Solo - Inside cabin (guarantee) - with port taxes and insurance I paid just slightly under $200/night. But, it was a special with gratuities paid and one diner at a specialty restaurant ($140 value) so that's nice but not a deciding factor.

I've never done the Panama Canal before so that's a big draw for me - and it includes Cartagena, Columbia; Colon, Panama; and Limon, Costa Rica so three ports I've never been to before.

If the cruise interests you and you like the ship and the dates work - AND, the price doesn't break your budget, then go for it.

I'm traveling with a dance group this winter, it's going to work out well over $2000 for 10 days, with group premium but the most basic cabin I can get. A second trip, I'm combining with a solo TA to Europe, it's a bit hard to compare, but maybe a bit less than $200/day, depending on exchange rates and whatever land bookings I can afford. I have paid $400/night, but found those cruises were only OK, not really good value.

Some cruise lines like Holland America, you'd have to pay me to get me back on board.

Edited by Dancer Bob

Money is so personal and what is a good value for one person may

be terrible for another person. I agree with quite few of the other posters

and only you know what is comfortable for you.

A grand for a solo for 8 nights? In my opinion, that is almost cheap......

(Depending on the cabin...and the cruiseline).

I have paid quite a bit more than that for many of my cruises so that

is why, again, in my opinion, a grand is very reasonable.

Edited by Lois R

For most cruises I aim for a cost of $100 per day or less.

But if it is some place I really want to go to, or special cruise I am willing to pay more. It all depends on what I am getting for my money.

While most cruises I have gone have been at or below my limit, I have paid $200 a day for an Alaskan cruise. And if I every get the money and time together I know I will have to pay a lot more for a cruise that takes me to the Gallipolis islands or the Antarctic.

First, you need to decide how much you want to do this cruise and how much money you are willing to spend.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a would be "solo". I'm not ready to solo cruise yet (but want to next year), and I have decided that my limit is $150 a night plus grats. If the cruise is part of a package (flights/accommodation), then I will go up to $200 a night.

I think you have to have some sort of plan - either a budget or a price per night that you are willing to pay.