When does the "3" sale end...

curlybelle2

I must not be doing the TA search right either. I have contacted mult TA's but the best I have seen is the same price but 50 obc. I think I like controlling the booking more then I would like the 50 bucks. At least this far out.

That's always been my experience as well. I won't turn over my booking for $50 either.

If you get "their" price, are they in charge of choosing stateroom etc? Or would we have control

Unless they are offering a Category Guarantee , you get your choice of cabin .

Only control that you lose is that the TA has to make any changes to the booking .

Any TA is permitted to discount the current rates that those booking Princess direct ,

are paying , just can't advertise their deal , gotta contact for a quote .

Edited by MCC retired

I recently booked a Princess cruise for Aug. 2016 using an online TA associated with a large membership club. I'd always booked directly with the cruise line before.

I got what I consider to be a good deal--the "3" sale plus on board credit equivalent to 7% of the total fare for 2 people. I'd originally

booked prior to the sale starting and I found the agency to be really responsive when I called to make the change. I was able to keep the same room and booking # and I got a confirmation of the change showing the OBC and "3" about 3 days later.

We are looking at a Eastern Caribbean cruise on Feb. 20, 2016. Or another option is Feb. 21, 2016.

I have searched for a TA online but everyone I have found has the same price as Princess or higher.

I don't know how to find a good TA like everyone else seems to have. My understanding is that you can't recommend a good TA on cruise critic. But I sure would like to know who everyone uses! ;)

Try the online travel department at the big box store. The Regal Princess is $100 - $200 less per person, plus $95 - $545 obc, depending on the type of cabin you book.

I assume we're talking @ online TAs? I used a person in travel agency and she could not get any better prices!! She is at a traditional agency.

Any TA can discount the current best Princess rate if they want and appreciate your business.

Show the TA that you are a shopper and they should change their mind . Otherwise , move on to a TA that wants to sell.

content with gratuities paid and dolphin mini suite. know now that these are uncovered balconies. will it be too hot to be on uncovered balcony? port side western carribbean ?

Having stayed in a port side covered balcony I can tell you it got hot. Durning the day the drapes were drawn to keep the room cool. We were on the Caribbean Princess Baja deck.

just tried a booking thru big box store. their total price was almost $300 more than we got thru ship.

I was referring above to the dates and cruises the OP was mentioning. Big box doesn't always have lower prices. You have to comparison shop.

However, the Princess cruise I already had booked with them went down almost $500, plus I got free gratuities, plus a better cabin, plus the big box obc.

Ohcruiser, is there a change fee withe membership club? Any other fees?

No change fees, or fees other than the yearly membership fee to the club, but since we shop there regularly, I don't take that into consideration.

I was able to see the same pricing as booking directly with Princess--able to choose a particular room or category or guarantee, just as I would online with the cruise company. The OBC I received is given by the club, not by Princess.