Wedding on Lawn?

JonnyCT81

Hi all! After seeing a very well done wedding on the Summit a few weeks ago, my partner and I have been thinking about getting married on the ship. My thoughts were having the ceremony on the lawn of one of the S-Class ships....probably Reflection - I think it would be a beautiful idea (white canopy, flowers, the captain out in the fresh sea air). That being said, does anyone know if that is something that Celebrity would be able to accommodate??

Many thanks!

Hi all! After seeing a very well done wedding on the Summit a few weeks ago, my partner and I have been thinking about getting married on the ship. My thoughts were having the ceremony on the lawn of one of the S-Class ships....probably Reflection - I think it would be a beautiful idea (white canopy, flowers, the captain out in the fresh sea air). That being said, does anyone know if that is something that Celebrity would be able to accommodate??

Many thanks!

Why don't you just call Celebrity and ask? You would need to contact them to make arrangements, why not get them involved early in the process. You could find out about any restrictions and costs.

Edited by Orator

That sounds lovely. Not sure if it would actually be the Captain who marries you; I have read that several of the officers have the authority to do so. Anyway, below is the link to Celebrity Weddings; if I'm reading it correctly, it looks like it might cost upwards of $2500.00.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-activities-special-occasions#onboard_weddings_tab/onboard-celebrity/cruise-activities-weddings%3Fsubtab=true

That sounds lovely. Not sure if it would actually be the Captain who marries you; I have read that several of the officers have the authority to do so. Anyway, below is the link to Celebrity Weddings; if I'm reading it correctly, it looks like it might cost upwards of $2500.00.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-activities-special-occasions#onboard_weddings_tab/onboard-celebrity/cruise-activities-weddings%3Fsubtab=true

It's at least $3250, because they won't do it without you purchasing the license through them for another $750 on top of the $2500 for the wedding services itself. This also specifically includes an indoor wedding location; I assume that since the location is set prior to sailing they don't want to commit to giving you the lawn if it might have inclement weather, without you paying an extra charge. All deck weddings seem to require a 'canopy rental' for another $1000 --- in any event, it sounds extremely expensive.

You should email celebrity@theweddingexperience.com and prepare for sticker shock :D

I think using the lawn would be a great place to say your vows, and also, the lawn club grill could be a lovely venue for the meal afterwards, due to its location. They do an excellent surf and turf! Then drinks at the sunset bar to finish the evening, they had a fantastic guitarist onboard reflection on our recent cruise, Rafiki, he was brilliant. What a great idea!

Get in contact with the Celebrity wedding coordinator. She'll help you organize everything and give you accurate pricing. Most people I know that have thought about doing a ship wedding have found that doing it while onshore at a port stop was cheaper and more inclusive. That doesn't mean you shouldn't do it, just consider the options.

As mentioned, have you considered doing it on a lovely beach at a port of call? We have seen 3 of those while cruising over the years. Couples make the arrangements with a beach resort. Vans pick them up, along with their with their guests, and off they go for the ceremony and reception on a gorgeous beach. They return all glowing and ready to begin their honeymoon.:)