Private tour for last day of pre cruise trip can we do it?

kibutzer

Hi all,

We are doing the 3 day Winelands pre cruise trip for Marina Capetown to Rio and have a question. We want to book a private tour the day we embark, It would be a full day tour so we would not be taking the transfer from the hotel to the ship. Would we have to notify someone if we are doing this? Has anyone arranged a private tour as their last day of a pre cruise. I just don't want to mess up our embarkation process, or cause a delay for the rest of the group staying at our hotel.

Any suggestions as to what we need to do.

We have done private tours (or our own thing) on the day of boarding a ship but we have never done an official ship's pre-cruise tour (or hotel), so we weren't scheduled for an Oceania transfer from hotel to ship. We always go on our own to the ship, which is another matter. I am gathering that your pre-cruise tour is through Oceania.

If that is the case, I am sure you'd need to notify them that you won't be using their transfer.

Also be aware of the time. Doing a full-day tour on your own could possibly cause problems for your getting to the ship on time, depending on when departure is. If it's at 10pm, no problem. If it's at 4:00 or 5:00, it probably would be a problem since they generally want you on board 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure. And the boat drill generally takes place before departure as well.

So check your timings very carefully and inform Oceania that you will not be using their transfer to the ship.

Mura

Hi all,

We are doing the 3 day Winelands pre cruise trip for Marina Capetown to Rio and have a question. We want to book a private tour the day we embark, It would be a full day tour so we would not be taking the transfer from the hotel to the ship. Would we have to notify someone if we are doing this? Has anyone arranged a private tour as their last day of a pre cruise. I just don't want to mess up our embarkation process, or cause a delay for the rest of the group staying at our hotel.

Any suggestions as to what we need to do.

You absolutely may do your own thing on Embarkation day, provided that you are onboard the ship at the proper time (See Page 4 of your Cruise Vacation Guide for your scheduled Embarkation time, and Section 8, "Embarkation", of the Terms and Conditions for your specific guidelines as to how long before departure you will need to arrive).

The Oceania Representatives who run the Transfer will be aware that you are entitled to use the Transfer, but they won't be alarmed if you decide to do something else.

That said, you may choose to leave a note at the Oceania Hospitality Desk, simply to avoid confusion. Courtesy is contagious :D

You absolutely may do your own thing on Embarkation day, provided that you are onboard the ship at the proper time (See Page 4 of your Cruise Vacation Guide for your scheduled Embarkation time, and Section 8, "Embarkation", of the Terms and Conditions for your specific guidelines as to how long before departure you will need to arrive).

The Oceania Representatives who run the Transfer will be aware that you are entitled to use the Transfer, but they won't be alarmed if you decide to do something else.

That said, you may choose to leave a note at the Oceania Hospitality Desk, simply to avoid confusion. Courtesy is contagious :D

I knew I could count on our frequent cruisers. so thank you all. We are staying overnight in port so embarkation should be fine. So having said that what are the must "sees" in Capetown for those cruisers who have been there.

This will be our 6th cruise and my hubby has fallen in love with "crossings".

what are the must "sees" in Capetown for those cruisers who have been there.

It's been a decade since we were there, but since there haven't been any other replies, I'll recommend:

1) The cable-car up Table Mountain

Day-3-cablecar.jpg?resize=648%2C433

2) The Penguin Colony at Boulders Beach

boulders-beach-banner.jpg

3) High Tea at the Pink Palace (The Mount Nelson Hotel)

mount-nelson-hotel-high-tea-590.jpg

4) Lunch at the Ocean Basket (A local chain, where the seafood is almost free and positively life altering)

Ocean-Basket-Platter.jpg

5) A Tour of the Capetown wine Country

article-2522103-1A08D64000000578-144_634x405.jpg

It's been a decade since we were there, but since there haven't been any other replies, I'll recommend:

1) The cable-car up Table Mountain

Day-3-cablecar.jpg?resize=648%2C433

2) The Penguin Colony at Boulders Beach

boulders-beach-banner.jpg

3) High Tea at the Pink Palace (The Mount Nelson Hotel)

mount-nelson-hotel-high-tea-590.jpg

4) Lunch at the Ocean Basket (A local chain, where the seafood is almost free and positively life altering)

Ocean-Basket-Platter.jpg

5) A Tour of the Capetown wine Country

article-2522103-1A08D64000000578-144_634x405.jpg

Having been to Capetown many times I would like to add a trip to Robben Island.

http://www.robben-island.org.za/

If the Tabletop is clouded over, don't waste your time. If it is pouring with rain, it is absolutely miserable to visit the penguins.

Our wine tour was fabulous and the tastings are way more generous than those we find in the US and Canada. They also took us to several towns which were well worth the visit and we found an incredible chocolate shop compliments of the guide.