"Finally" Live from Freedom! 9/6 - 9/20/15

jules815

Finally able to get back online today. Made the mistake of logging out from my tablet to try to use my phone instead. Kept getting an error that we still had other devices online, which we didn't. I tell you what, the internet on this cruise has been HORRIBLE. I don't expect super zippy fast, but not being able to even log on is so frustrating. Especially with elderly parents in a nursing home, and we told the nursing staff we'd be reachable via email. Anyway, I'm back on my tablet, and won't be logging off. (the "you'll be logged off after 2 hours" hasn't happened yet, so hopefully I'll still be online when I return from dinner later.

About St. Tropez. We finally took a walk up there this afternoon. I did actually notice loungers that look like they're brand new, but there is still so much open space up there! I would be so surprised if they didn't turn that area into something to generate revenue. There were people up there using the area, but there's so much space, there'd be a cluster of 3 or 4 loungers with people in them, then maybe another cluster of chairs 20 feet away from them. The shady area was pretty full, but yes, loungers look new, they were plentiful, and lots of open space.

First off welcome back, hope you are having fabulous time. I had same problem with internet using two devices. Bob said to use logoff.com or something like that. Good news is they may have a special that allows two devices for last two days. Your

hubbys coupon should cover that

Any updates on beer machine

This evening we have a private cocktail party in Vintages hosted by the Captain and Hotel Director. I'm assuming it will be for Pinnacles as well. Pinnacles also had a special breakfast this morning in the dining room. We've been going to Chops every morning for breakfast which is probably our favorite suite perk. We've given up trying to get into the cl for pre-dinner cocktails. It's just too crowded. It would be nice if suite guests could also get the 3 drinks loaded on our seapass. Maybe on sailings where there's a high number of D+ and P's. We become diamond on Sunday. :)

Yesterday we were in St. Martin and had another beautiful day. We took the water taxi in Phillipsburg and when we got off that, there was a booth renting these dune buggy looking vehicles, and my husband's eyes lit up. He has always wanted to get a scooter (no way) or car and drive on our own around the island. Since were were the only ship docked yesterday, and traffic wasn't as bad as it could be, we went for it. We had an absolute blast! We did end up getting lost trying to get to an area of Marigot we went to back in 2012. Dead end "neighborhood" street that turned into a gravel road. Lots of people out on their porches watching us try to get the thing in reverse to turn around and get back out onto the main road. And the windshield, which isn't really a full windshield at all, has "Rent Me" printed on the front. So yeah, if that doesn't scream "tourist" We did make it to Marigot, had lunch at Seraphina's, which was lovely. The drive back to the ship was interesting, and fun. Lots of turn-abouts, people honking horns, me honking our horn, which was a button on the dashboard on the passenger side. We saw a lot of the island. I have lots of pictures and video from the day on my phone.

Tonight is formal night, also Lobster night. The menu is Jasmine.

That's all for now, have to finish getting ready. Oh, one thing I don't think I mentioned, the a/c in our suite works GREAT. Not once have I felt warm, which at 54, I usually am!

Edited by jules815

First off welcome back, hope you are having fabulous time. I had same problem with internet using two devices. Bob said to use logoff.com or something like that. Good news is they may have a special that allows two devices for last two days. Your

They've comped our internet since we've had so much trouble with it. They've been super accommodating; offered use of phone if we wanted, etc. Did I mention my husband is a network engineer for a major credit card company for almost 25 years? He's losing his mind over the internet mess onboard. He isn't even aware of the problems on the RC website. haha

No update on the beer machine. I promise something by tomorrow.

This evening we have a private cocktail party in Vintages hosted by the Captain and Hotel Director. I'm assuming it will be for Pinnacles as well. Pinnacles also had a special breakfast this morning in the dining room. We've been going to Chops every morning for breakfast which is probably our favorite suite perk. We've given up trying to get into the cl for pre-dinner cocktails. It's just too crowded. It would be nice if suite guests could also get the 3 drinks loaded on our seapass. Maybe on sailings where there's a high number of D+ and P's. We become diamond on Sunday. :)

Yesterday we were in St. Martin and had another beautiful day. We took the water taxi in Phillipsburg and when we got off that, there was a booth renting these dune buggy looking vehicles, and my husband's eyes lit up. He has always wanted to get a scooter (no way) or car and drive on our own around the island. Since were were the only ship docked yesterday, and traffic wasn't as bad as it could be, we went for it. We had an absolute blast! We did end up getting lost trying to get to an area of Marigot we went to back in 2012. Dead end "neighborhood" street that turned into a gravel road. Lots of people out on their porches watching us try to get the thing in reverse to turn around and get back out onto the main road. And the windshield, which isn't really a full windshield at all, has "Rent Me" printed on the front. So yeah, if that doesn't scream "tourist" We did make it to Marigot, had lunch at Seraphina's, which was lovely. The drive back to the ship was interesting, and fun. Lots of turn-abouts, people honking horns, me honking our horn, which was a button on the dashboard on the passenger side. We saw a lot of the island. I have lots of pictures and video from the day on my phone.

Tonight is formal night, also Lobster night. The menu is Jasmine.

That's all for now, have to finish getting ready. Oh, one thing I don't think I mentioned, the a/c in our suite works GREAT. Not once have I felt warm, which at 54, I usually am!

Any pictures of the buggy? How much was it

We've been told lots of P's and D+ on this cruise, and will be the same next week. It seems like every Pinnacle we've met at breakfast is also doing a b2b, too.

We were on the 8/9 FOS cruise and the hotel manager said that they were expecting over 30 Pinnacle's on the 9/13 cruise. He did not know why there were so many on that particular date. I guess its the price, time of year with fewer kids, and the fact that it sails form Port Canaveral.

mac-tlc

Any pictures of the buggy? How much was it

All the pictures are on my phone, and of course, the internet isn't too reliable. Haven't been able to disconnect from tablet and log on with phone. It keeps saying we still have another device active, or something similar. If you google, SXM Rally Tours, Phillipsburg, Bobby's marina, you'll see pictures. We got it for $200 for the day.

All the pictures are on my phone, and of course, the internet isn't too reliable. Haven't been able to disconnect from tablet and log on with phone. It keeps saying we still have another device active, or something similar. If you google, SXM Rally Tours, Phillipsburg, Bobby's marina, you'll see pictures. We got it for $200 for the day.

Front desk or concierge should be able to help you kill the old connection

I was just going to post that we had the opposite internet problem on Freedom in June. We were sharing a single device internet package between 4 people. At one point, 3 devices ended up being connected at once without a problem (and no extra charge). This was the second last day of the cruise though, so maybe we get this special without realizing it??

About the internet here on FOS, we were told the internet will be new and improved next month. I don't know that particulars, but we were told it would be better in October.

I also heard that when we were on the Freedom in July. It was horrible then and I actually was trying to do some work. What a mistake. Took forever to log on and to do anything. I sure hope that the internet is actually improved next month since we are booked again for B2B. Hope you are having a GREAT cruise!