Mid-ship Penthouse Deck Size on Grand

AhoyMatie

The PH suite that we had on the Grand was lovely. The balcony was double the size of a a standard balcony. We had a table, chairs, a lounger and a small table. I have also had a PH suite on the Royal (like the Regal), the balcony on the Grand was much much larger!

The PH suite that we had on the Grand was lovely. The balcony was double the size of a a standard balcony. We had a table, chairs, a lounger and a small table. I have also had a PH suite on the Royal (like the Regal), the balcony on the Grand was much much larger!

Yes!! They are like night/day.

I had the penthouse on the Grand.

It's aft. No wind when sailing.

Large balcony...

From sliding door in Living area

Large table four chairs.

From sliding door in bedroom

Two loungers and small table

Big space on balcony between table

and loungers.

You will Enjoy!

There are two different kinds of Penthouse Suite on the Grand. There are a dozen mid-ship ones on Caribe deck, and there are four aft ones, two on Baja and two on Caribe.

I'm not sure they're all the same size, but a Princess rep told me the aft ones had a balcony of 18 by 11 feet.

Jim

I've had a suite at the back of the ship with a large deck. The penthouse suite I'm wondering about now is located mid-ship. On the Regal that penthouse deck was so narrow you couldn't sit at the table, it was just pushed to the corner. Also didn't have any lounge chairs, just standard chairs and a small table.

Like in everything, size matters! But just as important is the deck that you are on and of course the location on the ship. Caribe mid-ship PH Suites have great balconies :D been there, while on other decks they seem to be more narrow. :eek: Also been there.

We are on an Caribe Aft Vista suite for our next cruise and it seems to have a narrower balcony, but it was our choice. ;) Our first choice was on Dolphin deck but we were just 10 minutes too late! Dolphin Aft balconies are larger. :(

So relax and enjoy what ever you choose!

I've modified my original question to be more specific about the size of the deck for the mid-ship Penthouse suites on the Grand. I had a mid-ship Penthouse on the Regal and the deck was so narrow that the table had to be pushed into one corner and was unusable. The Regal only had a couple of regular chairs on deck. I was hoping for better on the Grand. Thanks for any information.

I've had a suite at the back of the ship with a large deck. The penthouse suite I'm wondering about now is located mid-ship. On the Regal that penthouse deck was so narrow you couldn't sit at the table, it was just pushed to the corner. Also didn't have any lounge chairs, just standard chairs and a small table.

And, amazingly, some say those miniature balconies are just fine.

I've modified my original question to be more specific about the size of the deck for the mid-ship Penthouse suites on the Grand. I had a mid-ship Penthouse on the Regal and the deck was so narrow that the table had to be pushed into one corner and was unusable. The Regal only had a couple of regular chairs on deck. I was hoping for better on the Grand. Thanks for any information.

As Pam has stated the balcony will be larger than the one you previously experienced which is much smaller than any of those on Princess other than the three newest builds - Regal Princess, Royal Princess, and the as yet unnamed build that will be deployed in China when finished.

If you're on Caribe deck, they're double the size of those large balconies. With two marvelous deck chairs for lounging. And room to entertain a family of 11.:D

They should be 9x18 then. We sailed in one in January on the sister ship Star Princess. There should be a link to pictures in my signature. We are sailing in the same cabin number on the Grand next month too. Be careful with the teak deck loungers though, I sat in one the wrong way, it collapsed on me and a ended up with a huge bruise on my leg.

I look at it from a ship design standpoint: you have X amount of square feet. Would you rather have more balcony, or more stateroom? For side cabins, personally I would rather have more stateroom and the thin balconies are fine. But if everybody wanted less stateroom and more balcony instead, I'm sure the cruise line would be happy to accommodate in a future model ship--that's less climate control and less weight. Cheaper.