EZ air

Retiring cajun

Thx! I had already booked with them. Looking at my conf., it showed airfare taxes. Although the air price already had taxes included in total. So it was actually a credit on total. Talked to princess. He said I got receipt showing extra internal info!! Whatever!! I did the math and it's correct.

No fees and they appear to more competitive recently. :)

That's definitely been my experience in the past year or two.

We considered a Southampton to FL cruise for this month and eZAir (LAX/LHR & FLL/LAX) was only $660 & easily the best airfare price available.

That's definitely been my experience in the past year or two.

We considered a Southampton to FL cruise for this month and eZAir (LAX/LHR & FLL/LAX) was only $660 & easily the best airfare price available.

Same for our to Rome and from Venice flights, $650 each way.

And non restrcited too!

Astro, that is a great price!!

Same for our to Rome and from Venice flights, $650 each way.

And non restrcited too!

We used FF miles for an April TA cruise (LAX/FLL and Copenhagen/LAX) but could've booked flights with good routing for $809...and it was the flexible airfare option as was the London routing. :)

In the past couple of years many times eZAir is our best option & since Carnival Corporation combined the buying power of all their cruise lines they're now the 5th largest seller of airfares. They've been very competitive & one source I check for flights.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Just be aware of changes to flights. See the post nearby re recent discussion of some cruisers' schedule changes. It is your responsibility to keep on top of things.;)

Absolutely...it's definitely buyer beware because a computer that's not properly programmed by humans doesn't know when there is a problem. ;)

Question on the EZ air. Did they assign you seats when you paid? Just checked for May trip and they wanted full payment but no seat assignments. I know the seats would be way back (last time last seats on the plane), that OK but need to know we are together.

Price is 4.80 less than same flight we do on our own, so cost isn't a factor.

Thanks

Edited by latebloomer56
spelling

Here's the rub....when everything goes right, EZair (or whatever the particular cruiseline calls it) is fine. The issue is that when problems arise, you, having bought a special ticket from the cruiseline, DO NOT have the same rights, protections and rerouting options that you would with a published fare ticket bought from the airline directly. You have a highly restricted ticket that may prevent you from being transferred to another airline, another routing or even another flight number on the same airline.

No...there is no guarantee to get to the ship. No....there is no guarantee to get you to the next port. No....there are no guarantees about anything. Read the actual terms and conditions, not the marketing words (such as "work with" "will help" and other weasel terms). You will see that EZair et al are responsible for nothing.

If price is the be all and end all....go for it. Just know what you are buying. Head over to the Cruise Air forum and learn.

One way fares to or from Europe have been really great, especially the non-restricted ones.

For one cruise I am flying TO Barcelona from FL for just over $500 (MUCH better than what I could find)

For another we are flying from LHR to FL for $525 apiece (again way better than anything I could find).

They are both non-restricted fares, which can be changed with no fees up till 45 days before the flights. I had originally booked the flights from LHR at $700 pp, and when I found the exact same flights reduced to $525, I cancelled and rebooked at the lower fare. Easy peasy on the EZAir page!!

Question on the EZ air. Did they assign you seats when you paid? Just checked for May trip and they wanted full payment but no seat assignments.

That really depends on the policies of the airlines involved.

Some will allow seats to be assigned as soon as the flight is booked, even if Princess has not paid them yet.

Some will allow seats to be assigned only on the day of the flight when you get to the airport.

Some will only allow seats to be assigned in advance with the payment of an additional fee although no fee will be charged starting 24 hours before the flight.

If you have your six-character flight booking number (not your Princess six-character booking number), you can go to the airline's web site (or phone them) to see if you can get seat assignments.

We booked flights with EZ Air for our Scandinavia/Russia cruise next July. The price, when I booked, was the same as showing on the SAS website. They are the only airline that flies nonstop from EWR to CPH, so they are who I would use. The price on the SAS website for the flights is now about $100 more than what I "reserved" at, and when I asked the question of the Princess rep on the phone, I was told that I would pay what I booked. It was my responsibility to check prices and cancel and rebook if I see prices go down. Now, I've cruised enough to know that you can call and ask a cruiseline rep a question, get an answer, hang up, call and ask the question of another rep, and get a completely different answer, but I figured I'd give this a try and see how it goes.

I plan to monitor the airline price and schedule (there has already been one change in time already) and go from there.