Prestige Drinks Package question

wenjoyjack

Can you suspend the package. We will be off the ship for four days on an overland excursion. Can we suspend and restart on return?

The "official rules" say that you may not suspend the Package, and it should be noted that in this day and age any "excursion" which takes you off the ship overnight or more must be sanctioned by the Cruise Line in advance as there may be serious financial ramifications if the ship brought you into an Interim Port but cannot account for your whereabouts when they leave it.

That said, it never hurts to ask, particularly if your overland trip is one which was brokered by Oceania, so, if you can get them to agree -and in writing- go for it.

Thanks stanandjim. It is an Oceania overland organised trip.

There aren't very many which are that long. Is it the cross India Taj Mahal trip?

100524_agra_uttar_pradesh_india_taj_mahal_reflection_grass_water_sunset_evening_blue_sky_birds_travel_photography_MG_8634.jpgIf it is, you are very lucky and I am wildly envious!

Edited by StanandJim

Yet another reason not to do the beverage package. Generally does not make sense financially unless you drink like a fish every single day (what if you catch a cold?), but it does avoid having to sign chits for every beverage, which some detest.

Yet another reason not to do the beverage package. Generally does not make sense financially unless you drink like a fish every single day (what if you catch a cold?), but it does avoid having to sign chits for every beverage, which some detest.

And yet, oddly, there has never been a successful Cruising venture where the food was sold a' la carte, so where does that leave us in the realm of "making sense financially"?

I don't think you need to drink like a fish to make the beverage package a good value, especially if you consider the convenience of fixing your costs and not having to sign those annoying chits (this is supposed to be luxury after all). A few pool side drinks, pre-dinner cocktail(s) and a few glasses of wine with dinnner seems to exceed the drinks package cost (especially at O's inflated drink prices). The Drink Police seems to think that anyone that buys a drinks package is obsessed with getting their "money's worth" with overconsumption.

Cheers!

John R.

I don't think you need to drink like a fish to make the beverage package a good value, especially if you consider the convenience of fixing your costs and not having to sign those annoying chits (this is supposed to be luxury after all). A few pool side drinks, pre-dinner cocktail(s) and a few glasses of wine with dinnner seems to exceed the drinks package cost (especially at O's inflated drink prices). The Drink Police seems to think that anyone that buys a drinks package is obsessed with getting their "money's worth" with overconsumption.

Cheers!

John R.

Here here!

Three glasses of Montaudon is not drinking like a fish.......

Cheers 🍻

Thank you fellow fishes. We do drink like fishes (how is that!) so we think the drinks package is the way to go having experienced it. Just want to know if we can suspend it while we are on the Oceania overland trip.

The only way to be sure is to ask Oceania

I hope they would for those on the O tours

I don't think you need to drink like a fish to make the beverage package a good value, especially if you consider the convenience of fixing your costs and not having to sign those annoying chits (this is supposed to be luxury after all).

John R.

You do realize you still have to sign those chits ...maybe not for every drink but certainly for every session

Oceania is NOT a luxury line

You may want to adjust your expectations so you will not be disappointed

You do realize you still have to sign those chits ...maybe not for every drink but certainly for every session

Oceania is NOT a luxury line

You may want to adjust your expectations so you will not be disappointed

No, you have to show your card and they collect it and run it through their system, but you don't sign anything unless you order a drink that isn't on the package.

No, you have to show your card and they collect it and run it through their system, but you don't sign anything unless you order a drink that isn't on the package.

so why are people complaining about signing the chits with the package :confused::confused:

Lyn,

I am with you ... but I have gathered from various comments over the years that people who are used to "all inclusive" seem to object to having to sign a chit. It doesn't bother me but that is probably because we have ALWAYS signed a chit.

I don't see the problem, but others do. That is their right ...

Mura

Lyn,

I am with you ... but I have gathered from various comments over the years that people who are used to "all inclusive" seem to object to having to sign a chit. It doesn't bother me but that is probably because we have ALWAYS signed a chit.

I don't see the problem, but others do. That is their right ...

Mura

I am with you

JOURNEYFAN says they do not sign a chit when you have the package but others say they do

I will never find out as we never will take the package not worth it for 1 drink a day ;)

Ok I stand corrected :o

Wonder why some post they had to sign

Guess those luxury cruisers just do not like to have pull out their cards so others can see the colour & know what cabin cat they are in :eek:

;)

New to Oceania and think that the Beverage Package makes sense. If you have more than 4 drinks per day (bloody mary's' date=' happy hour, wine with dinner, etc.), you are ahead of the game.;);) No flaming, please![/quote']

Anyone who can add will not flame you. Four drinks with better spirits and the 18% gratuity tops the $60 prestige price.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer