Carnival cancellation grace period

rae.holmes

We have a cruise booked in December and the deadline is fast approaching, we've had some family issues pop up, and are not sure if we will make the dead line. Does carnival have a grace period with their deadline, or does anyone have any experience with them pushing the deadline for extreme circumstances?

In a way, Carnival (and all the cruise lines) do have something resembling a "grace period" but it comes at a cost - the longer you go past your final payment date, the more of your deposit (and cost of the cruise) you forfeit. I am assuming you haven't made final payment yet so at this point, there's no penalty for cancelling. Here's a link to Carnival's Guest Cancellation Refund Policy:

http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/ticket-contract.aspx

Edit: I just realized you were probably asking if Carnival will allow you to miss your final payment deadline without cancelling your reservation, true? If so, I do not think so - if you miss final payment they will cancel your reservation.

Edited by joepeka

If you are asking about final payment, you need to call Carnival before final payment is due. I have read posted here several times that people were extended a few days (never seen more than 10 days). Again you need to call before final payment otherwise your reservation is cancelled.

Now if you are asking about cancelling, it will depend on what rate you booked but also needs to be done before final payment to minimize dollars lost. Worst case scenario is you booked early saver in which case $50 per person administrative fee, they will hold the deposit and you must book within two years and you must sail within three years.

If there is any possibility that you will not be able to make the final payment or have the time/ money to cruise NOW is the time to make those changes.

We have a cruise booked in December and the deadline is fast approaching, we've had some family issues pop up, and are not sure if we will make the dead line. Does carnival have a grace period with their deadline, or does anyone have any experience with them pushing the deadline for extreme circumstances?

Are you talking about the penalty to cancel the cruise or trying to get an extension for when the final payment is due? I have seen others post here that Carnival will grant an extension for final payment due date if you call them and discuss it.

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/481

http://secure.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/ticket-contract.aspx

(see number 6)

Good luck.

3 cruises in 2 months :eek:

No wonder you are having issues with final payments - good luck.

It may be of no issue. The OP does not mention any details. I would think, IF money is a "problem", there may be bigger things they may want to consider- like canceling???

Carnival will usually grant an extension on final payment up to a week. They will extend it more if other factors are at play like an administrative mistake on their end. That happened to me once when they didn't apply my 20% discount and I refused to make final payment until they corrected the balance. They extended it for 15 days while they processed the discount.

It may be of no issue. The OP does not mention any details. I would think, IF money is a "problem", there may be bigger things they may want to consider- like canceling???

The only deadlines for December cruise(s) are final payment date(s) and accompaning cancellation penalties. Given that threadstarter is looking for a grace period, makes perfect sense.

Again, hope threadstarter get's it worked out.

Edited by lizardhowson