Email in "My Celebrity" Profile changed by X?

C 2 C

I was just checking my Celebrity profile and my contact email had been changed to Mario at ...........

Has anyone else had their email address changed by Celebrity's IT department?

I wonder if my free upgrade to the penthouse on my recent cruise went to Mario's rather than our reservation ;)

About a year ago I checked mine and my mailing address had been changed to one out of the country. I called and it appears my password had been compromised. They made the correction for me and I changed the password. No problems since. It was weird, but fortunately no damage was done. Definitely change your password today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had someone else's promotional emails for a number of years. But they were Classic, we are Elite.

I kept informing Celebrity, but they still kept coming.

However, this summer, I was sent their Invoice for a cruise on 8th August. I therefore was able to forward it back to concerns@celebrity and it was at last dealt with. Apparently, the Classic passenger had a surname that is very similar to mine. I hope it has stopped, I certainly have not had any since July.

Have issues all of the time when I sign in. Recently found they had 9 different addresses for me and I have had the same address since 1998. I did belong to a friend for whom I had made a reservation the other 7 who knows where they came from. Maybe like previous poster they were added by the ghosts of Celebrity past.

Celebrity's system simply won't accept my legal name for My Celebrity or for Captain's Club, only for when making reservations and payments. I had to switch to husband's name for signing in to view reservations or make changes.

Sorry Mario got your suite.

Hi Arno:

I've noticed changes several times. Once they changed my gender and I could not reset it without calling. On another occasion they changed my date of birth and that too needed to be reset. Just had to reset two cruises that were dropped from MY Celebrity list. The term "SNAFU" is appropriate.

After my last cruise, I did not get the followup questionnaire. Turns out Celebrity sent it to the person I shared the penthouse with on the previous cruise. I was on the last cruise in my own cabin, this person wasn't even on the cruise. Go figure. Their IT department never ceases to amaze.

Linda

Email? No. But I did have my last name changed by My Celebrity. They added a completely superfluous "Jr" to my last name, and now when I try to look at my future cruises I can't because the name on my profile doesn't match the name on the booking.

I guess I should just be thankful they didn't deny me boarding Infinity last week.

Edited by mferranti

Two years ago we sailed with some friends.

Two weeks ago they received an email alerting ME that the itinerary for a future sailing that I have booked WITHOUT them has been modified. I didn't receive the alert from Celebrity but they did. We have probably taken 5 cruises without them since our trip together.:confused::confused::confused:

Edited by R&M1000

I'm having this problem from the other side. I've been getting someone else's emails from Celebrity for several months now. After I got an invoice for a cruise that I hadn't booked, I called the phone number for website concerns. They put me on hold for quite a while, then said they couldn't see my email address anywhere on this person's record and didn't know why I was getting them. They said that there was nothing they could do to help me and I should just delete the emails when I got them in the future.

Eventually I did get a message that included the person's full name, which confirmed that it wasn't anyone I know, but a complete stranger. Through the magic of Google, I've figured out how I could get in contact with him, but I'm not sure if I should. Perhaps I should try contacting Celebrity again? I'm quite confused at this point, especially since I have an upcoming cruise as well, and sometimes it takes some digging to figure out which emails actually are meant for me.

Hey Arno, best to you and Joanna,

It's pretty clear that the database that Ceiebrity uses in the back end is FUBAR. I think they try and fix it and often use backups (why bad data reverts) but just make it worse. They really need to just start fresh, only bring in what they absolutely know is correct and then just manually have someone bring in cruise histories. In the long run it will save them so much work, it is just so bad!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I'm having this problem from the other side. I've been getting someone else's emails from Celebrity for several months now. After I got an invoice for a cruise that I hadn't booked, I called the phone number for website concerns. They put me on hold for quite a while, then said they couldn't see my email address anywhere on this person's record and didn't know why I was getting them. They said that there was nothing they could do to help me and I should just delete the emails when I got them in the future.

Eventually I did get a message that included the person's full name, which confirmed that it wasn't anyone I know, but a complete stranger. Through the magic of Google, I've figured out how I could get in contact with him, but I'm not sure if I should. Perhaps I should try contacting Celebrity again? I'm quite confused at this point, especially since I have an upcoming cruise as well, and sometimes it takes some digging to figure out which emails actually are meant for me.

See post 3.

I forwarded the incorrect invoice I was sent to corcerns@celebrity.

Hi Arno,

I've received Celebrity emails for most everyone in my family, with their names on it. They've also received emails with my name on it. In some cases, we do not get emails regarding specific booking information - which is very dangerous IMO.

In addition, when I receive postal mail, my address has been slightly wrong for many years. I can't tell you how many times I've called Celebrity, and updated it on the website, only for the same error to remain.

As others have stated, their database is messed up beyond recognition, and it's going to take a miracle to fix this.

Edited by Host Andy