Ben & Jerry SWEET Connecting Cabin view

So, I was able to score the Ben & Jerry Sweet for my kids for our Spring break cruise. It will be a surprise to them, Yay!! I have read all of the reviews and threads, so I know not to expect suite perks and if we get them, BONUS! (I also know about the potential noise, but my kids can sleep through most anything). (But also, FREE ICE CREAM!!)

I basically snatched up the room when I saw it was available and then saw some video and pictures of the room. That's when I started to have some concern about the view from the connecting cabin- 6307. I knew the kids room wouldn't have a view (well, except of cow butts!) but I was thinking they could come to our room to catch the action on the promenade. I saw a picture that showed the roof of Ben and Jerry's and it seems to stick out under both cabins.

I've seen that lots have people that have booked 6305 have also had the connecting cabin. Could anyone tell me will we be able to still see most of what's happening on the promenade, or will our view be mostly blocked??

Thanks!

Technically, My name is on that cabin because you have to have one adult booked in each cabin (at least, that is my understanding...) so I would be the one to get the suite perks! We were planning on letting the kids sleep in there together and my husband and I would take the other cabin.

Another question- Could my husband go with me to the CL, if my card does end up working to get in there? His name is on the connecting cabin.

(Edited to add: We are on Liberty, to clarify for those with experience!)

Edited by cant_w8_2_cruise

Not usually.

Couldn't the Husband and Wife be booked in 6305 and the kids booked in 6307?

From what I remember when booking with my stepson (when he was under 21) He just needed to be in a connecting or adjacent cabin.

On the Liberty, our windows were so dirty in 6307 that it was difficult to see much of anything with clarity. You certainly wouldn't want to watch a parade from there. But the view would have been fine. Our kids had no problem with noise in 6305. We didn't bother going in the CL - our kids only cared about the ice cream, and we don't drink.

I tried to get a cabana at Labadee ahead of time by emailing the concierge, but he told me that the suite guests get priority, and I could get in touch with him once on board. I didn't want to risk not getting a cabana, so I went to the excursions desk when I got on board and booked that way. He did call me later once we were on the ship to see if I was still interested in a cabana, but I told him we were all set. Our letter was bare bones - it indicated we had access to the ice cream and CL for the guests in that room.

I wouldn't hesitate to book those rooms again, especially with kids. They had fun with the cow theme.

On the Liberty, our windows were so dirty in 6307 that it was difficult to see much of anything with clarity. You certainly wouldn't want to watch a parade from there. But the view would have been fine. Our kids had no problem with noise in 6305. We didn't bother going in the CL - our kids only cared about the ice cream, and we don't drink.

I tried to get a cabana at Labadee ahead of time by emailing the concierge, but he told me that the suite guests get priority, and I could get in touch with him once on board. I didn't want to risk not getting a cabana, so I went to the excursions desk when I got on board and booked that way. He did call me later once we were on the ship to see if I was still interested in a cabana, but I told him we were all set. Our letter was bare bones - it indicated we had access to the ice cream and CL for the guests in that room.

I wouldn't hesitate to book those rooms again, especially with kids. They had fun with the cow theme.

I guess it depends how much interest is in the cabanas prior to sailing. We got our coco Cay cabana confirmed up front when on Freedom

Technically, My name is on that cabin because you have to have one adult booked in each cabin (at least, that is my understanding...) so I would be the one to get the suite perks! We were planning on letting the kids sleep in there together and my husband and I would take the other cabin.

Another question- Could my husband go with me to the CL, if my card does end up working to get in there? His name is on the connecting cabin.

(Edited to add: We are on Liberty, to clarify for those with experience!)

You'll need to call Royal and have them switch the names on the reservations/rooms for you. You can't do this online. Put you and the hubby in the Sweet and the kids in the other room. Easy Peasy!

You'll need to call Royal and have them switch the names on the reservations/rooms for you. You can't do this online. Put you and the hubby in the Sweet and the kids in the other room. Easy Peasy!

Definitely do THIS - kids don't need access to the CL, but you and your hubby might as well enjoy it.

I know, but what if they are not in the same room. See my point. Seems vague since children are generally sharing cabin with parents.

My understanding is that it doesn't matter if they are not in the same room, they are still allowed in the CL with parents or guardians.

My understanding is that it doesn't matter if they are not in the same room, they are still allowed in the CL with parents or guardians.

That's good. We have early dining, so I don't know how much we'll be able to take advantage of the CL, but if we can drag the kids there on the way to or from dinner, that just might work! ;)

Another assumption... if I booked through (Insert name of large warehouse store travel dept), I should call them to change the names on the booking/rooms, correct? Or can I call Royal directly?