Best jewelry prices-Antigua, St Kitts, Barbados, St Lucia, St Thomas?

Travel To Be Free

St Thomas has way more jewelry stores than the other destinations, so you have more choices and competition than on the other islands. Not to say that St Thomas has the better deals, but only saying you may have better negotiations on St Thomas because of the competition.

IME St. Thomas and St. Martin are the best. It depends on exactly what "jewelry" you want. Loose stones are better at certain places but I personally would not call that "jewelry."

Maybe be more specific. Rose gold hoop earrings? 18k rope necklaces? Designer watches? Specific designer pieces?

I heard St Thomas is higher on jewelry prices. Does anyone know which island above may have the best deals?

For many years, family and friends (plus crew) have purchased from a honest family jewellers in St Maarten. Never disappointed with the quality and value of many pieces purchased. :D

Caution: Be very careful from which store you buy from.:eek:

Out of the ports you mentioned, I'd say St Thomas. (too bad you didn't say St Maarten). I'd go to Ballerina's in downtown Charlotte Amalie. These folks will treat you right. Do your homework before you go. BE SURE to skip Diamonds International. There are zillions of reasons why on the internet. Enjoy the massive selection :D

Edited by satbeachbill

For many years, family and friends (plus crew) have purchased from a honest family jewellers in St Maarten. Never disappointed with the quality and value of many pieces purchased. :D

Caution: Be very careful from which store you buy from.:eek:

Reccomendation for Diamond Jewellers on Front Street in CA

I agree with above.....few bargains anymore like there were years ago.

In fact I would stick to buying jewelry in my hometown, but I know that is not what you asked. My last island purchase was a pair of diamond and sapphire earrings in 14K gold for $500. When I got home I had them appraised at a reputable jeweler and the appraisal was only $300. Last time I am buying jewelry in the islands.

I am interested in designer watches and possibly an upgraded wedding ring. We purchased one at Effy a few years ago and may wish to upgrade. But I do know that the prices we've paid previously, we could have done the same or better here. It just seems like when on a cruise, you feel like shopping for jewelry. A bad habit.... how to break it???

A bad habit.... how to break it???

I don't think you can. :D:D Just get a feel of prices from back home, or on the internet before you get caught up in all the pazzazz. ...... and choose quality stones graded by GIA or AGS ONLY. No EGL graded stones AT ALL. That will keep you safe.

• 3 weeks later...

My vote is for Dazzlers in Havensight St Thomas! We have rented Villas for over 20 years in St Thomas and always go to Dazzlers. Many of my friends I have taken there and they have purchased.

Great honest family.

We have purchased many items from Grand Jewelers in St. Thomas and a couple of items from their store in St. Maarten. (I like St. Thomas better):) great prices and awesome service and our pieces always appraise at more then what we paid for once we get home. I will be going back on my next trip to get a new bracelet! :cool: