Adults only pool

FlossStevo

Hi,

Can any-one tell me if Royal Caribbean ships, Navigator of The Sea & Independence of The Sea have adults only pools. We have only sailed with Princess & love that feature.

Welcome to Cruise Critic:

Yes they do ... it called the Solarium..that also has two whirlpools (hot tubs) as well. The Solarium on the RCI ships are wonderful.

Enjoy your first RCI experience...hopefully it won't be your last.

Hi FlossStevo, welcome to Cruise Critic! Both the Navigator of the Seas and the Independence of the Seas offers the Solarium pool. It is an adult-only pool for those at least 16 years of age. However, during inclement weather, the ship may permit the Solarium pool to be used by guests under the age of 16 for select hours- provided that they are directly supervised by a parent or guardian. Love the Solarium! Come on over to the Royal Caribbean board for lots of additional info: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83. :)

Hi FlossStevo, welcome to Cruise Critic! Both the Navigator of the Seas and the Independence of the Seas offers the Solarium pool. It is an adult-only pool for those at least 16 years of age. However, during inclement weather, the ship may permit the Solarium pool to be used by guests under the age of 16 for select hours- provided that they are directly supervised by a parent or guardian. Love the Solarium! Come on over to the Royal Caribbean board for lots of additional info: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83. :)

The inclement weather policy typically applies to certain Vision class ships where the Solarium roof is of glass that can be opened an closed, thus allowing use during rain. They are the only ships that have this feature, however as all other ships are open to the air in the Solarium without the ability to have a closed roof. Note that Quantum class ships have an indoor pool for use in all climates.

The inclement weather policy typically applies to certain Vision class ships where the Solarium roof is of glass that can be opened an closed, thus allowing use during rain. They are the only ships that have this feature...

This also applies to Radiance Class. :)

Hi,

Can any-one tell me if Royal Caribbean ships, Navigator of The Sea & Independence of The Sea have adults only pools. We have only sailed with Princess & love that feature.

The Solarium is limited to 16 and over. on NAV it is open to the air( the pool is almost always in direct sunlight) the hot tubs are under cover and at least half of the lounges are in full or partial shade

enforcement varies especially since it is often used to get from Point A to Point B

on NAV at least there is a sign( or was last time I sailed her) that clearly states you must be 16 to use the area.

The inclement weather policy typically applies to certain Vision class ships where the Solarium roof is of glass that can be opened an closed, thus allowing use during rain. They are the only ships that have this feature, however as all other ships are open to the air in the Solarium without the ability to have a closed roof. Note that Quantum class ships have an indoor pool for use in all climates.

The RCI Radiance that we sail on to Alaska (just came back) is one that uses the inclement weather policy for a few hours on some afternoons on this itinerary...and has every cruise we've done.

The RCI Radiance that we sail on to Alaska (just came back) is one that uses the inclement weather policy for a few hours on some afternoons on this itinerary...and has every cruise we've done.

Yes - Aquahound rightfully corrected me on that. We've sailed on Jewel and Serenade and recall now that the Solarium is covered with a glass roof, not slotted or altogether open, thus allowing that policy. It did not think it was retractable, though.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

You will love the solarium....I thought I would spend a great deal of time on the regal princess using the adult pool....it was like a wind tunnel up there and the water was freezing!!. ...I was so disappointed ! !....I swim in the cold maine ocean so am no wuss.....that pool was cold!!