When to,try new Porch menu?

kborth

Going on a shorter cruise this time and was wondering which day is the best to,try this new seafood menu on a 7 day cruise. Are they open for lunch? Really like the idea of seafood heavy restaurant on Celebrity. We weren't too impressed with Bistro on Five in April,so hopefully this one will be better.

The Porch is currently testing a new restaurant and menu. It is open for Lunch and Dinner (no more Breakfast).

It is a seafood inspired menu - I believe the cost is $25.00

Here is the menu

20859135341_7c9c39c44f_b.jpg

Thanks for the update. Web site still says B & L (shocked):rolleyes:

We ate dinner in the Porch on Reflection last week. We paid the extra $5 for the seafood tower and thought the whole experience was fantastic. We were on a 10 day cruise and used to have loungers near the Porch during the day and it was hardly used at all - even on sea days. Unless you are a big fan of the bigger dining room experience I would choose the Porch for dinner. It was such a chilled experience away from the busy dining room.

I wouldn't think the day you eat there matters really except that if you decide to go at lunchtime you may well be the only ones there on a port day

Edited by Bobal

Since the Reflection and the Silhouette are still in Europe.....do you think that once they start doing the Caribbean cruises that the seafood Porch will be retained or will it revert back to paninis?

I know this was a 'test', but not sure if the ship's location plays a part in whether they continue it or not.

Anyone wanna speculate????

Since the Reflection and the Silhouette are still in Europe.....do you think that once they start doing the Caribbean cruises that the seafood Porch will be retained or will it revert back to paninis?

I know this was a 'test', but not sure if the ship's location plays a part in whether they continue it or not.

Anyone wanna speculate????

I would guess that they would be even more likely to carry on with it as the ship will be guaranteed warmer climes which makes the venue even more attractive for dining in the evening.

We spoke briefly with the F & B Manager about it and he said it had been a success and that they were considering turning the Art Studio on the opposite side of the deck into a food venue - hardly surprising since we never saw a soul in there.

Edited by Bobal

I would guess that they would be even more likely to carry on with it as the ship will be guaranteed warmer climes which makes the venue even more attractive for dining in the evening.

So The Porch is open? No airconditioning?

Not me, but dh, always wants to be in airconditioning when he has dinner (or lunch or b'fast). :(