Can we walk to....for Cabo, PV and Mazatlan

Sand and Seas

In PV I would also recommend the bus. To town, take the one marked Centro, they come every 5 - 10 minutes or so. We've never had a problem getting a seat and having to stand. On the way back, you take the one marked Walmart.

I think that for my family of 4, it was $2.50 American (we had two children with us).

The Cabo museum has signage in both Spanish and English. It's a nice 30 minute museum. Geared towards the school kids, giving an overview of the area, from the beginning of time to the present.

I done remember if the museum charges an entree fee or just takes donations. Either way it's very inexpensive.

In PV take the bus back marked Sam's as there's now two Walmarts in town.

Edited by SadieN

I realize that this if "off topic" but maybe some seasoned Mexico visitors might help.

I am destined to a land based week in PV in March, 2016.

What, where, and when is the best way to obtain Pesos in exchanged of USD on Mexico?

Should I load up before I travel? Airport? ATM?

Is there an easy way to mentally calculate the Pesos cost in terms of USD?

Atm gives the best exchange rate, now often around 16 to 17 Pesos for 1 us$

Shops like walmart, soriana, costco and sams accept dollars at a good rate. Change will be in pesos. Expect a lesser rate in others shops,in cabs, restaurants etc.

We just returned from a Mexican cruise, you can walk to downtown P.V. just cross the big street outside the port to the other side and follow the water was about 1k walk. We enjoyed our walk, took the local bus back to the Walmart across street from the pier. Caught it behind the church in the centre of town.

Mazaltlan, we followed the blue line into the city centre and visited the church and market behind it. A lot of helpful people in blue shirts with maps and idea to make your visit special. We then continued on to the ocean boardwalk and followed it around to the golden zone, lovely walk, in total we walked over 10 k

Cobo, we walked and saw the pier area and highlights, took a local bus up into some of the new area.

you can walk to downtown P.V. just cross the big street outside the port to the other side and follow the water was about 1k walk.
It's further than 1 k/m to get from the port to downtown Puerto Vallarta. According to Google Maps it's 4.6 k/m from the ship to the beginning of the Malecon; 5.5 k/m to Our Lady of Guadalupe Church in the heart of downtown. I agree with you that it is walkable. I've done it myself. But it's quite a bit longer than 1 k/m.

It's further than 1 k/m to get from the port to downtown Puerto Vallarta. According to Google Maps it's 4.6 k/m from the ship to the beginning of the Malecon; 5.5 k/m to Our Lady of Guadalupe Church in the heart of downtown. I agree with you that it is walkable. I've done it myself. But it's quite a bit longer than 1 k/m.

I agree re the distance. Also you are walking along a busy road.

• 2 weeks later...

We will have four adults and a six year old. I cannot remember if there are any swimmable/actually wading in the waves beaches near the Malecon? Can anyone suggest some non tour ideas for our group?. Are the hotel beaches still open to the public? Wanted to take the Pirate boat but the travel place says it is not open to Carnval guests! Thanks all and Merry Christmas

We will have four adults and a six year old. I cannot remember if there are any swimmable/actually wading in the waves beaches near the Malecon? Can anyone suggest some non tour ideas for our group?. Are the hotel beaches still open to the public? Wanted to take the Pirate boat but the travel place says it is not open to Carnval guests! Thanks all and Merry Christmas

Much depends not only only the tide but also how high waves will be re swimming for kids. In general yes, but keep an eye on the kid, any ocean can be dangerous, also to adults. No nice beach or swimming along the Malecon but a bit more south at Playa los Muertes. Another option might be a daypass in e.g. Hotel Krystal or Mariott, not too far from the terminal, so you can use their pool and beach.

Beaches are public, but no hotel will allow you to use their facilities if you are not a guest. You will have to bring your own umbrella and beachchairs then. Exept to just a few that offer daypasses. Check this board as this has been mentioned many times before.

Pirate and many other tours are offered only through the cruiseline if a ship is in port due to contracts.