Signature Beverage Package question

Karen13

Hi, I hope someone can clarify this for me. We are booked on an Alaskan cruise next year and have the Explore4 offer which includes the SBP. I have had a sample bar menu sent by HAL.

The Explore4 terms and conditions state that it is limited to 15 drinks a day, 'which includes all beverages priced $8.00USD or lower including service charges'

Does this mean we can choose any drink priced $8.00 or lower on the menu, and the package will also pay the 15% service charge, or does the $8.00 limit include the 15% service charge, which means that the actual menu limit (when you deduct the service charge) is actually $6.95? That would exclude most wines on the menu.

Also, if you order,say, a vodka and coke or gin and tonic (as opposed to a cocktail), is that counted as one or two drinks?

Any clarification much appreciated folks!

Hi, I hope someone can clarify this for me. We are booked on an Alaskan cruise next year and have the Explore4 offer which includes the SBP. I have had a sample bar menu sent by HAL.

The Explore4 terms and conditions state that it is limited to 15 drinks a day, 'which includes all beverages priced $8.00USD or lower including service charges'

Does this mean we can choose any drink priced $8.00 or lower on the menu, and the package will also pay the 15% service charge, or does the $8.00 limit include the 15% service charge, which means that the actual menu limit (when you deduct the service charge) is actually $6.95? That would exclude most wines on the menu.

Also, if you order,say, a vodka and coke or gin and tonic (as opposed to a cocktail), is that counted as one or two drinks?

The package will also pay the service charge. A Gin & Tonic will count as one beverage.

Often the HAL folks do not have the current Bar Menus in Seattle. Here is the Bar Menu from just a few months ago in Alaska:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Bar-Menu1.pdf

Some have reported an increase of 50 cents on all bar drinks since the above menu.

We are also booked for Alaska next year where I will be scanning the very latest Bar Menu.

The Signature Beverage Package limits are based on the menu prices. (The 15% service charge is included, but for the sake of determining what you can order, just look at the menu prices.) Your wine choices are limited, but you have plenty of drinks from which to choose.

This may seem like a silly question, but is the Bar Menu the same at every bar throughout the ship?

I have scanned different bar menus from the Crow's Nest, Seaview Bar, Silk Den, Explorations Café, and Chocolate Seduction on the Westerdam in addition to the Bar Menu for the other bars on board.

This may seem like a silly question, but is the Bar Menu the same at every bar throughout the ship?

If you know what you want, and especially if you know the recipe, any bar should be able to make it for you.

The Westerdam Chocolate bar may be an exception to that.