Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

cruzgal11

It was also our first time using a shuttle so I just didn't know how long it should really be. Either way we learned our lesson and that is no longer a criteria for us when searching for hotels. :)

Trying out the Bahia Mar this year so we'll see if my choice fares any better lol. Wish me luck :p

You'll LOVE the Bahia Mar! Don't miss the Bahia Cabana next door.

If you are here over boat show, make sure you get tickets and GO! It is amazing, it will blow your mind. Some of the mega yachts are as big as cruise ships.

You'll LOVE the Bahia Mar! Don't miss the Bahia Cabana next door.

If you are here over boat show, make sure you get tickets and GO! It is amazing, it will blow your mind. Some of the mega yachts are as big as cruise ships.

I think we just miss the boat show by about a week which is a shame.

Glad to hear good things about the Bahia Mar though. Ive been looking into taking a water taxi up to Las Olas to just wander around and look at the way rich people live :p What is the Bahia Cabana?

I love that your front door can have a road and the back door has the water. Amazing, I would love to live like that.

Edited by Freckles83

I think we just miss the boat show by about a week which is a shame.

Glad to hear good things about the Bahia Mar though. Ive been looking into taking a water taxi up to Las Olas to just wander around and look at the way rich people live :p What is the Bahia Cabana?

I love that your front door can have a road and the back door has the water. Amazing, I would love to live like that.

Actually, when you live on the water, the front of your house faces the water and the back of your home faces the road. That is why the water taxi is so cool. Fort Lauderdale is definitely a city to see by water and not by car.

The Bahia Cabana is a waterfront restaurant/bar that is really laid back and fun. It is almost next door to your hotel. Ignore the resort and just walk through.

http://www.BahiaCabanaResort.com

There will still be a ton of yachts left because many winter here in Fort Lauderdale. We are the yachting capital of the world October-April.

Actually, when you live on the water, the front of your house faces the water and the back of your home faces the road. That is why the water taxi is so cool. Fort Lauderdale is definitely a city to see by water and not by car.

The Bahia Cabana is a waterfront restaurant/bar that is really laid back and fun. It is almost next door to your hotel. Ignore the resort and just walk through.

http://www.BahiaCabanaResort.com

There will still be a ton of yachts left because many winter here in Fort Lauderdale. We are the yachting capital of the world October-April.

well thank you for the info! i do appreciate it :)

my husband and I stayed here two years ago this november for about $125 CAD for the night. They gave someone a key to our room and they would have walked right in if I hadn't had the latch thingy in place. The room was painted lime green and almost glowed.

Bathroom was kinda moldy. We booked it mostly because of the price and the free shuttle from the airport-hotel and hotel-cruise port.

We waited over two hours for the shuttle to pick us up from the airport (after calling a few times and each time being told it was on its way) Another couple waiting with us had been there for an hour longer according to them so 3 hr wait for them. The shuttle driver was road raging and swearing at other drivers which at that point me and my husband found somewhat entertaining.

The owner (Iggy if i remember correctly) tried to sell us on a cab to Las Olas for the smoking deal of $50 each way. We called a cab ourselves and spent half that much.

The next morning while we were waiting for the shuttle to take us to the pier he did this stand up style show for everyone over the microphone and blatantly stared at my breasts with my husband sitting beside me. Then asked us why we were going on the funeral cruise (Holland).

We were told to wait outside for the shuttle for 10am and it didn't leave until 11:30am because of some mix up with some other passengers getting to the airport on time for their flight. It was such a mess. Finally when our shuttle came to take us they stuffed us into this van that didn't have enough seats or seatbelt for each passenger and literally pushed this woman in (who was probably in her 70s I would guess) and shut the door .. it was like stuffing in too many clothes into a piece of luggage and then sitting on top of it to zip it shut.

The driver was an even bigger jerk than the one that took us the day before. I know this sounds like a complete over exaggeration but I assure you it is anything but. Looking back we should have just paid for a cab and avoided the shuttle all together.

With all that being said me and my husband still laugh about it to this day and had an interesting "adventure" if you will when staying at the Rodeway Inn. I actually considered staying there again this year until I saw the price went up to well over $200 USD a night.

If you want to have some good stories to tell after a (hopefully only one) night there then go for it. At $125 CAD a night it was a bit of a stretch but I think if I had paid more than $200 USD I would have been a lot more upset about it.

I have no idea why prices are up so high this November but everywhere seems to be quite high. But for real rebooking somewhere else was probably the best decision you made this week.

WOW, thanks for sharing, I can fully understand what happened, when you are new to the routine stuff happens.

WOW, thanks for sharing, I can fully understand what happened, when you are new to the routine stuff happens.

and for the record for how horrible it sounded (and was to an extent) it really was one for the books. We look back and have a great laugh about it because it was just a crazy adventure to tack onto the start of our cruise. But for some people those things wouldn't be so funny.

Either way as I said before, If the price hadn't sky rocketed for the Rodeway so much I still probably would have stayed there again for around $100 a night and maybe just took care of the transportation ourselves as opposed to relying on the shuttle.

Im sure its not the worst hotel in the area and clearly not the best but for one night we survived to tell the tale :p

Blue, I had to do a double take!...you so generously called Bahia Cabana a

"resort"....you must be in a very happy mood, LOL! :)

We ended up changing our reservations to La Quinta Inn Hollywood due to all of the extra costs for the shuttles. I was so much wanting to stay near the water but it didn't make sense to pay that much extra! Thanks everyone for your input.

This is what we booked too. The hotel looks nice with the lake behind, seems like there are restaurants and shops nearby, and includes breakfast and airport transportation.

• 1 month later...

SweetJack has a deal going on right now for a 2 night stay at the Ramada Plaza in Ft. Lauderdale for $55. Reviews on Trip Advisor are not the best, but for this price, I can live with the negatives. From what I read, this is the hotel Carnival uses as part of their pre-cruise package. Draw your own conclusion there. You can check availability before you purchase. http://www.sweetjack.com/travel/deal/national/ft-lauderdale-ramada-1519602?utm_source=SweetJack&utm_medium=MerchantAPI&utm_campaign=SweetJack_1519602&linksrc=title&_wcsid=ED251361C53067827BDF1E4C4CAE085529562911B8FB78E7

what's wrong with La Quinta for the pre-night cruise we won't get to the hotel until after 3 pm. Then we relax by the pool while we decide where to go eat supper. We are traveling in February so it is high season rates by the beach.

Because you said you wanted to be on the water. Nothing at all wrong with it! You can probably get one of the smaller independent motels on the beach for the same price.

Blue, I had to do a double take!...you so generously called Bahia Cabana a

"resort"....you must be in a very happy mood, LOL! :)

Good lord I've LOST MY MIND!! OMG that is hilarious! At best it is a broken down motel.

SweetJack has a deal going on right now for a 2 night stay at the Ramada Plaza in Ft. Lauderdale for $55. Reviews on Trip Advisor are not the best, but for this price, I can live with the negatives. From what I read, this is the hotel Carnival uses as part of their pre-cruise package. Draw your own conclusion there. You can check availability before you purchase. http://www.sweetjack.com/travel/deal/national/ft-lauderdale-ramada-1519602?utm_source=SweetJack&utm_medium=MerchantAPI&utm_campaign=SweetJack_1519602&linksrc=title&_wcsid=ED251361C53067827BDF1E4C4CAE085529562911B8FB78E7

And that price doesn't alarm you at all?

No red flags?

Hmmm, even for that price, no. I am surprised Carnival uses this hotel as it is not convenient to anything at all, neither FLL airport nor Port Everglades. It is not in a good area of town on the northwest outskirts of Fort Lauderdale, is about 8-10 miles from the beach, and there is nothing else around it.

Edited by brunello22

No matter what you read on CC there are a ton of cruisers using this hotel week after week, doesn't make it good or bad, each person has to decide that for themselves. The place is packed with cruisers on port days.

Post #7 gave an excellent description of how we feel, good for a day room, better than sitting in the airport. The restaurant had great burgers. The landscaping is as good as any hotel on 17th St. and the shuttle to the airport is good.The pool is nice also. From the port its better to use a taxi.

All the major networks on TV have "green" rooms:D

Edited by setsail

• 4 weeks later...

I booked this hotel for our cruise in July. I have read the reviews out there on the web, and while there are some bad ones, there are way more good reviews than bad. Personally, I'm not paying for an expensive hotel, so I'm not expecting luxury. It was $91 plus taxes for the room, which is a good price to begin with, and the free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port is a huge plus. It's just for one night. My vacation won't really begin until I board the ship anyway! [emoji4]

I booked this hotel for our cruise in July. I have read the reviews out there on the web, and while there are some bad ones, there are way more good reviews than bad. Personally, I'm not paying for an expensive hotel, so I'm not expecting luxury. It was $91 plus taxes for the room, which is a good price to begin with, and the free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port is a huge plus. It's just for one night. My vacation won't really begin until I board the ship anyway! [emoji4]

You are way overpaying for the Rodeway if you are paying $91.

In July, you can get a four star beach hotel for $91.

There are tons of much better options in July for $91.

• 1 month later...

Keep looking. I stayed there in 2012. Ive stayed at a lot of hotels in my life and that is probably one of the top 3 worst hotel/motel I have ever stayed at. Plus the owner will harass you to death after you write a bad review. I've steered a lot of friends and family away from staying there so I have done my job

I could list another 5 good ones you could stay at

Edited by trev71

• 1 year later...

Not sure why this old thread got dug up, but i'll give my opinion. We stayed here march 2016. It's good enough to stay in, but do expect anything super fancy.

If you look at the things that the room comes with, Free shuttle, Free breakfast. It seems like a decent deal. The were very out dated, the rooms weren't the cleanest. But it was a cheap place to stay.

Just be warned with the free shuttle, you get what you pay for. We waited far to long to get picked up from the airport. then you have to schedule a ride to the cruise port.