Any input on F303 on the Caribbean

lynneinmn

First time on Princess, usually Carnival. Live in Houston so no worries about port. Have questions about mini suite we picked, we are usually balcony people but decided to try something different. Any opinions on this room--anyone stay in it or near it, noise level etc. Thanks.

First time on Princess, usually Carnival. Live in Houston so no worries about port. Have questions about mini suite we picked, we are usually balcony people but decided to try something different. Any opinions on this room--anyone stay in it or near it, noise level etc. Thanks.

Please re-check the cabin you have in mind - no such thing as F303.

Edited by steelers36

F303 is a window suite. They are very nice cabins and come with all the suite perks. Loved the size and layout. Very convenient location midship to the Piazza and International Cafe. Plus you get double cruise credits. The only downside is it seems like the air doesn't work as well in those cabins. We've been in 305, 309, and 311 and the air temp is barely bearable.

There are only three ships in the fleet that have window suites. F303 is the smallest of them all (at the end of the row) with a little less real estate. I have stayed in several of them and prefer a higher number (F311). Push comes to shove, I'll take any window suite since I am not a particular balcony person.

Great location. Great Perks. Lots of cabin space and storage.

If the price is right, go for it. Then book a higher cabin number "the next time".

There are only three ships in the fleet that have window suites. F303 is the smallest of them all (at the end of the row) with a little less real estate. I have stayed in several of them and prefer a higher number (F311). Push comes to shove, I'll take any window suite since I am not a particular balcony person.

Great location. Great Perks. Lots of cabin space and storage.

If the price is right, go for it. Then book a higher cabin number "the next time".

F301 is the smallest Window Suite

F303-F311 are regular Window Suites

F315 is the Handicapped Accessible Window Suite

HTH

• 8 months later...
F301 is the smallest Window Suite

F303-F311 are regular Window Suites

F315 is the Handicapped Accessible Window Suite

HTH

Yes, it is F301 that is at the end (smallest and next to the ladies room).

F303 is second to the end.

Edited by metairiegal

Doing the same research ourselves. We are officially books for F305. I am definitely NOT going to complain given the footprint of the cabin. I had no idea that we'd be doing a suite anytime in the near future. Now I've only about a month to get that figured out. LOL

Doing the same research ourselves. We are officially books for F305. I am definitely NOT going to complain given the footprint of the cabin. I had no idea that we'd be doing a suite anytime in the near future. Now I've only about a month to get that figured out. LOL

We were in F305 last month. It was our first time in a suite. Now we're hooked.. :D

One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet so I'll just throw out this minor warning. When exiting the hallway of the Fiesta Suites, the end nearest the Piazza, especially on formal nights, they have the photographers set up right outside that door with things hanging from the ceiling. Sometimes they'll post a warning sometimes they won't.. Watch your head..

Also on port days that same area is often used to disembark the ship if it's docked on that side.

We were in F305 last month. It was our first time in a suite. Now we're hooked.. :D

One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet so I'll just throw out this minor warning. When exiting the hallway of the Fiesta Suites, the end nearest the Piazza, especially on formal nights, they have the photographers set up right outside that door with things hanging from the ceiling. Sometimes they'll post a warning sometimes they won't.. Watch your head..

Also on port days that same area is often used to disembark the ship if it's docked on that side.

Thank you for the warning. I'm short so rarely have to duck for any reason. LOL But I've been known to run into things ... so a little caution goes a looong way. ;)

The reason we did not choose F305 was because of a bad Cruise Critic review of that cabin from 3/2016 (with pictures!):

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=529139

I hope F303 does not have the same issues.

We were on the May 8th British Isles cruise. We saw nothing that looked like that. My wife is a nurse and would have been in someone's face to get that fixed. Evidently someone else must have because my wife even commented on how clean the room was. And she is one very hard person to impress when it comes to cleanliness..

We were on the May 8th British Isles cruise. We saw nothing that looked like that. My wife is a nurse and would have been in someone's face to get that fixed. Evidently someone else must have because my wife even commented on how clean the room was. And she is one very hard person to impress when it comes to cleanliness..

Nice to hear. But to be honest? Even when things look clean they aren't always clean. I usually bring a small container of liquid Lysol concentrate and a disposable rag and then do a little spot cleaning like handles, knobs, switches, counter tops, and such ... basically anything our hands would touch. It might be overboard but then again I'd rather play it safe than sorry.

Nice to hear. But to be honest? Even when things look clean they aren't always clean. I usually bring a small container of liquid Lysol concentrate and a disposable rag and then do a little spot cleaning like handles, knobs, switches, counter tops, and such ... basically anything our hands would touch. It might be overboard but then again I'd rather play it safe than sorry.

Are we married? The wife takes bleach wipes.. lol

We were in F309 at the end of January, and had a wonderful time in that suite. Of course it wasn't brand new, but everything was perfectly usable and clean. I would certainly book one again if available.

As an aside, I would recommend that someone who is 100% disabled (mentioned in the negative review from March) select a handicap adapted cabin, the shower would be larger and easier to use, among other things.