Can I change a cruise booked on board to another cruise?

jsf

We booked a T/A cruise on board and now find she can't get that time off. I'm wondering if we can book another cruise because we transfered the booking to a online travel company. Will we lose all our benefits such as free grats and OBC? Also should we contact Celebrity or the travel agent to try to change cruises? Will we also be charged for canceling by the travel agent?

Thank's

J.

You need to work with the online TA you transferred the original booking to. Celebrity will not work with you if your booking is now with a travel agent.

What you need to do is transfer the existing booking to another cruise, by transferring the booking you keep the same booking #, the perks should remain and most likely the agent will not charge a cancellation fee as they still have the booking and commission.

I would know what cruise I want to transfer to before I call the online TA.

Yes, we've done it. We changed an Alaskan cruise to a cruise leaving from Barcelona. The dates just ended up not working. We'd already transferred to our online travel agent. They kept the same booking number, we were able to actually get some additional perks, and it all worked out. We did know the exact cruise we wanted, however, so that may have made it easier.

All we told her was "change this cruise to this cruise" and she did the rest in about 2 minutes.

We changed ships/itineraries from the one we'd booked onboard. The downpayment transferred as is. The other perks would have gone to our new booking, but since we were going to a Transatlantic, all that we could transfer was $100 OBC; it would have been $300 otherwise.

Edited by Dunmore2

You need to work with the online TA you transferred the original booking to. Celebrity will not work with you if your booking is now with a travel agent.

What you need to do is transfer the existing booking to another cruise, by transferring the booking you keep the same booking #, the perks should remain and most likely the agent will not charge a cancellation fee as they still have the booking and commission.

I recently transferred a cruise I booked while on The Connie in Feb. 2015 to a cruise on The Connie in Feb. 2016. I lost my OBC and my 1-2-3. I did get a small amount of OBC but nothing compared to what I gave up. I only book directly with Celebrity.

we booked onboard for a caribbean cruise and just recently switched it to hawaii. we were advised that we would lose the 123 bev package but that was okay as we got it back under the bigger package and the original obc transferred to the new booking [just slightly less as it was a 14 night sailing moving to a 10 night sailing]............

we are from the uk but since we have used both uk and us travel agents we could choose who to use for the booking made on board as it showed up on our previous history of bookings, we chose the us t/a for flexibility.