Why wear white?

shadbrew

I think it's suggested but not required. I know there will be the white dress/ party one day in the week so I save my white outfit for that day. When I see people wearing "white" a day or days before I go like oops, you have I idea of the white party lol

It's because when that special neon light shines on your white outfit it gives a cool glowing "disco" effect, nothing to do with ethnicity. I usually wear a b&w top or dress which I do love the effect better than all white. It's not mandatory.

Edited by Deck_Diva

I only have one problem with white night:they usually do a mini buffet on the Pool deck with messy foods like chocolate fondue. It would be better if they had brown night instead.:rolleyes:

That's me! Seems even when trying to be careful I still manage to get food on my outfit. And now that I have a toddler, it's really impossible [emoji16]

I only have one problem with white night:they usually do a mini buffet on the Pool deck with messy foods like chocolate fondue. It would be better if they had brown night instead.:rolleyes:

So true!!! If you are anything like me it always seems to be the first mouthful too!

On my Mediterranean cruises, vendors in the ports tried to sell me white clothing because I supposedly was going to need it for the white party on my ship. So I think that 1) it's common to many cruise lines, and 2) it makes onshore vendors happy because they can use it as an excuse to sell clothing to cruise passengers.

You don't have to, of course. Many people don't read Cruise Critic or other boards and wouldn't know about the white party anyway. Dressing the part for the theme nights is optional. :)

My wife won't let me where wife. It would probably be Italian night anyway.

I do a lot research prior to my cruises and found out via Cruise Critic that on my past cruise there was an "All White/Electric Light/Neon/Glow Party. I was able to inform my group and we all brought white outfits. We had a great time and glow items were given out at the party. There were even shot glasses that glowed.

Glad to hear Royal does the same type of party. Will be giving the group a heads up along with some glow items in their goody bags.

As for the person who stated White parties seem to be an Ethnic thing, I think you set yourself up for the replies that were given. Why even mention its a Ethnic thing? . . . good clean up with your response though.

They will have the glow items for sale before the party.

Do they inform passengers ahead of time (pre-cruise) of these theme nights? I doubt anyone in our party would think to pack an all white outfit. What other theme nights are held?

One of the great features of Cruise Critic is that you have the availability to view posted Daily Cruise News/Schedules (each line has their own name). These publications can help you prepare. In this case 'shadbrew' is on an RCCL Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean cruise. He can view a Cruise Compass of a previous sailing. Dress for one night is described as "Wear Something White".

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8fwz08iIfugLTB5RDdRa3FTRUE/view

I have said many times that RCL should pre advise customers of what's "expected"

My first cruise was a totally last minute booking literally 2 weeks before we went

I hadn't discovered CC then and were total virgins

It would have been great to been advised they have formal nights, 70's nights and white nights etc

Ok I hired a Tux on the Ship and still enjoyed the other party nights.

Why on the final paperwork can't they advise whilst these aren't mandatory IF you want to join in you could bring along certain stuff

I really enjoy the 70's party night and now always bring something appropriate

RCL you mustn't assume everybody research's their holiday like most on CC

One of the great features of Cruise Critic is that you have the availability to view posted Daily Cruise News/Schedules (each line has their own name). These publications can help you prepare. In this case 'shadbrew' is on an RCCL Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean cruise. He can view a Cruise Compass of a previous sailing. Dress for one night is described as "Wear Something White".

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8fwz08iIfugLTB5RDdRa3FTRUE/view

I have said many times that RCL should pre advise customers of what's "expected"

My first cruise was a totally last minute booking literally 2 weeks before we went

I hadn't discovered CC then and were total virgins

It would have been great to been advised they have formal nights, 70's nights and white nights etc

Ok I hired a Tux on the Ship and still enjoyed the other party nights.

Why on the final paperwork can't they advise whilst these aren't mandatory IF you want to join in you could bring along certain stuff

I really enjoy the 70's party night and now always bring something appropriate

RCL you mustn't assume everybody research's their holiday like most on CC

While I'm quite capable of ferreting out the information on CC, DW and I will be travelling with 10 other family members who have never cruised and are unlikely to spend much time, if any, on CC. It would be nice to think that RCI would include something in the booking documentation or the website so that those poor souls who've never even heard of CC could be prepared. Just one more task to take on as the family Cruise Director! :)

While I'm quite capable of ferreting out the information on CC, DW and I will be travelling with 10 other family members who have never cruised and are unlikely to spend much time, if any, on CC. It would be nice to think that RCI would include something in the booking documentation or the website so that those poor souls who've never even heard of CC could be prepared. Just one more task to take on as the family Cruise Director! :)

Well Said

It's because when that special neon light shines on your white outfit it gives a cool glowing "disco" effect, nothing to do with ethnicity. I usually wear a b&w top or dress which I do love the effect better than all white. It's not mandatory.

:confused::confused::confused:

I've read that white dinner jackets are perfectly fine all year long but only in the Caribbean. :cool:

If I remember correctly, white cowboy boots are also fine for a white party any time of the year.:);)