spare bedroom

wickedhangover

So I was thinking of redecorating a spare bedroom to be just like a carnival ship cabin, complete with bathroom, possibly balcony. Am I nuts? My goal being to decorate about as close as possible but making everything by hand. I'm wondering if anyone else has done the same and if they'd post pictures. Only catch is that I'm thinking of going with spa deck colors.

So I was thinking of redecorating a spare bedroom to be just like a carnival ship cabin, complete with bathroom, possibly balcony. Am I nuts? My goal being to decorate about as close as possible but making everything by hand. I'm wondering if anyone else has done the same and if they'd post pictures. Only catch is that I'm thinking of going with spa deck colors.

Are you in the middle of a "wicked hangover" ?? ;)

So I was thinking of redecorating a spare bedroom to be just like a carnival ship cabin, complete with bathroom

...Personally, I think it's a great idea. My only question is, do you actually have a room in your house that is shaped 20' X 9'??

Thought of this myself but not real crafty.[emoji12] hope you can figure this out and share it with us. I have a lot of ship theme ideas saved on Pinterest, you may check that out and see if there is anything there you can use as an idea. Good luck and post pics as you go....

I wish I did have a 20x9 room, so it's a matter of making it work, so I'm thinking it would be more like one of those strange shaped cabins, aft next to the stairs but not aft facing. Since the tiki bar is on the other side of the wall I'm thinking port holes so there's some creative license taking place for sure since I don't know of cabins with portholes on one wall and balcony on the other. Maybe the aft view corners are about as close as it gets.

It's a crazy idea but in looking around home depot, I'm pretty sure I can actually get it pretty close with a slightly better bathroom except I may skip the toilet.

I mostly look forward to making the ugly oil paintings to put over the bed. maybe I can add some speakers to play random announcements when guests are most likely sleeping.

OP, I don't think you are nuts at all, but it does seem like having the same décor in a room at home would detract a little from the experience of cruising. Maybe I'm nuts, but I love walking into my cabin on the first day of a cruise and seeing that décor for the first time in a while. It brings back a lot of good memories. If it were something I saw daily, it seems like some of the excitement might be absent. But that's me. You might feel differently about it.

Yes, but I thing is sounds like great fun.

You can go here and get the same bedding, robes, and towels used on the ships. I'd also get a couple of the blue towels from on board and leave them folded up in the room.

http://www.carnivalcomfortcollection.com/store/index.cfm

They used to sell the mattresses too, but I don't think there is anything special about them any more.