BREAKING NEWS: Royal Caribbean Announces Air2Sea Program

We are flying in 3 days early for our upcoming TA from Barcelona - booked through Choice Air. It was a huge savings over booking direct with the airline. We have used Choice Air several times with no problems. We get our confirmation number from Choice Air and are able to handle everything through the airline from that point.

I think you miss the point. RCCL is a contractor. They book flights with the same airlines that anyone else books with. RCCL doesn't have any kind of magic method of selecting flights where nothing will go wrong. RCCL also doesn't allow people to fly in 24 hrs early... meaning that whatever does go wrong, which won't be RCCL's fault, will still cause extreme stress and potentially damage your vacation experience. Now if the plane is delayed (it happens) that won't be RCCL's fault. If you miss the boat, that wouldn't be RCCL's fault either. But what are the odds that you would miss the boat, if your plans put you at the port a full 24hrs before the ship leaves? Slim to none.

Most people like to hedge against calamity, especially when thousands of dollars or international vacations are concerned.

We always fly in 2-3 days early when doing the west bound ta and stay over 2-3 days, on the east bound tas to sea the sites. This is through Choice Air. Last spring another couple with us went from Barcelona, to Paris for a week, and came home from there, again using Choice Air.

So much for not being able to fly in early or prolong your vacation. 0 stress and thousands of dollars in savings.

Still waiting for people who had legitimate problems with air booked through Choice Air.

I think you miss the point. RCCL is a contractor. They book flights with the same airlines that anyone else books with. RCCL doesn't have any kind of magic method of selecting flights where nothing will go wrong. RCCL also doesn't allow people to fly in 24 hrs early... meaning that whatever does go wrong, which won't be RCCL's fault, will still cause extreme stress and potentially damage your vacation experience. Now if the plane is delayed (it happens) that won't be RCCL's fault. If you miss the boat, that wouldn't be RCCL's fault either. But what are the odds that you would miss the boat, if your plans put you at the port a full 24hrs before the ship leaves? Slim to none.

Most people like to hedge against calamity, especially when thousands of dollars or international vacations are concerned.

WE flew to Miami from London Heathrow with British Airways for a T/A, had a lovely weeks holiday before the cruise and then back to Southampton England on the Independance, we then took the Serenade from Barcelona to New Orleans T/A and flew back on Virgin Atlantic two weeks after arriving in Nola and traveling to Orlando for nice vacation, all flights were through choice air, airlines and times chosen by ourselves, half the price than booking direct with the airline and everything was fine. I would have no hesitation booking through them dont forget if there is a delay on that flight then there is a delay for all those who booked direct with the airline on the same flight, No Difference

Southwest does not even have assigned seating.

Not assigned, but you can bump up to board earlier for an additional fee which does allow you to decide on a better seat.

Lately, we have found great deals on Delta. If we upgrade each way typically for $79 pp, it covers luggage and you sit in a very comfortable seat, and have drinks and food on the plane. Some of the new planes are very modern and comfortable in first class. The Delta lounge is also a great place to sit and wait for your plane.

We have reserved Delta to Florida three out of our next four upcoming flights to Fll. Sometimes the Southwest wanna get away fares are booked within a few hours of the Southwest listings and the other fares aren't such a bargain. Prerhaps the cruiseline airfare differs if you are flyig to Europe or Asia and are less expensive- never tried that

However you get their, enjoy your cruise

Edited by Cruise a holic

ChoiceAir T/A air is cheaper because Royal has decided to forgo the mysterious "up charge" most airlines add when flying International and NOT flying round trip. So yes a cruise line can, if they choose, charge less than an airline.

My understanding and I could be mistaken, is that Choice Air purchases in bulk return flight seats to Europe and then can sell the one ways cheaper (eg. half the return cost). I don't believe they are forgoing any mysterious up charge. They are simply buying the returns knowing that people will be needing one way tickets for both the east and west TAs.

My understanding and I could be mistaken, is that Choice Air purchases in bulk return flight seats to Europe and then can sell the one ways cheaper (eg. half the return cost). I don't believe they are forgoing any mysterious up charge. They are simply buying the returns knowing that people will be needing one way tickets for both the east and west TAs.

I don't believe they are buying anything - they just have a deal with various airlines on various routes for certain fares, including one ways. Lots of large TAs and the gov't have similar arrangements. The same way there are corporate rates for hotels.

I'm not even sure they do transfers anymore. If they do, they are extra cost.

I was told that the fares do not include transfers, you have to purchase separately.

I booked for our June 2016 Harmony cruise to get into BCN 2 days earlier on ChoiceAir, so it is no problem to change the dates you want to arrive or leave.

Choice Air never had better pricing than the airlines website for domestic travel. They really shine on the one-way flights to Europe.

Agree with this. We use Choice Air exclusively when booking international flights for cruises. I am the queen of finding the cheapest air travel online and never come close to Choice Air's pricing. We have used it several times with no problems. You can control your reservation after booking picking your seats and even paying for an upgrade to seats.

Airfare to Ft Lauderdale 100.00 more pp than I can pull up on Jet Blue directly:eek:

Is this a one way international flight? Those are the only flights that Choice Air has shown to be much cheaper. My experience is that domestic flights have always been cheaper going through the airline of my choice.

• 1 month later...

We have used Choice Air twice for one-way to Barcelona from New Orleans on one cruise and one-way from Barcelona to New Orleans on another. Online with airline and sites like Kayak was going for $1,200+ one way, Choice Air was around $500 or less. Very happy with Choice Air.

We will have to book air next year for our Nov. 26, 2016 cruise out of San Juan. Looking at prices this year for same time frame, airline prices are about the same as Air2Sea.

• 4 months later...

Just got kicked out of there sight 4 times. After painstaking entering off all info! To be dumped back to original screen OMG!!!

So I called And WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They where $900 YES $900 higher then direct with American Airlines

for the same flight LOL!!!!

They wont be in business long that way!

So no total waste of about 2 hours.

Don't waste your time with it.....

Just got kicked out of there sight 4 times. After painstaking entering off all info! To be dumped back to original screen OMG!!!

So I called And WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They where $900 YES $900 higher then direct with American Airlines

for the same flight LOL!!!!

They wont be in business long that way!

So no total waste of about 2 hours.

Don't waste your time with it.....

Are you talking Domestic or International? Try http://www.espresso.cruisingpower.com/choiceair/protected/home.do We book all international flights through ChoiceAir. Have been doing this since 2001.

We booked one way flights to Barcelona for September with ChoiceAir and saved 10K by not booking direct with American.

Edited by cruisenfever

Domestic flight but that is a huge difference....for the same flight numbers lol!

Just a helpful piece of advice, but you will always do better booking domestic flights direct with the airlines. The only time you really save is if you are flying internationally.

Just a helpful piece of advice, but you will always do better booking domestic flights direct with the airlines. The only time you really save is if you are flying internationally.

Not necessarily true. Although I find in general it works best for international flights. My advice is to check the airlines and Air2Sea. Alos sometimes they had space on flights the airline site showed as sold out.

I know for us, one-way tickets through Choice Air for flights to Barcelona one year and from Barcelona another saved around $800 per ticket. Airline's web site wanted about $1,200 per ticket (one-way) and got tickets from Choice Air for around $400. This was in 2012 and 2013. On the first TA in 2012 when I first checked airfare prices with airlines I almost cancel the cruise, until I came across post on here about Choice Air. :)

I also saved on tickets to Barcelona, although not as much as some others. Choice Air/Air2Sea is $915/rt and direct through United or Priceline, the same tickets are $1,136. I could have gotten cheaper on both with layovers, but I wanted a direct flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Are you talking Domestic or International? Try http://www.espresso.cruisingpower.com/choiceair/protected/home.do We book all international flights through ChoiceAir. Have been doing this since 2001.

We booked one way flights to Barcelona for September with ChoiceAir and saved 10K by not booking direct with American.

I take it the $10K savings was for first / business class tickets?

Flight search link still not working. :( As someone new to RCI and wanting to compare its flight program, new or old, to my normal flight purchasing, this isn't a very good introduction.

I have never found cheaper tickets with their program. Always cheaper on the airlines website.