Stateroom Guarantee!

spanishguy1970

We booked an ocean view picture window on the 8th floor. We chose the location and our cabin # however about 3 days ago our cruise consultant upgraded us to Balcony Guarantee which makes me a little bit nervous. We always like to choose what part of the ship we are going to be in. Are there any benefits getting a Guarantee as opposed to just getting the cabin we want?

WE like that we were upgraded to an Balcony but just want to know what others experiences are with this category.

Thank you

Edited by qtaromar1970

We booked an ocean view picture window on the 8th floor. We chose the location and our cabin # however about 3 days ago our cruise consultant upgraded us to Balcony Guarantee which makes me a little bit nervous. We always like to choose what part of the ship we are going to be in. Are there any benefits getting a Guarantee as opposed to just getting the cabin we want?

WE like that we were upgraded to an Balcony but just want to know what others experiences are with this category.

Thank you

The first time my parents sailed w/o me they did the guarantee room, but the agent told us that the price was still the same as the regular balcony room. If you are concerned find out what the price is btwn the 'guarantee' and the 'regular room' that you pick. I guess if its not that expensive you should pay to pick the room

Why the upgrade? Did you request it?

nope did not request it. We just got it, like i said we originally booked ocean view picture window on the 8th floor, we were happy with it and all of a sudden this past Monday our cruise consultant wrote to us and told us we had been upgraded to a Balcony Guarantee. The difference in price if we get a an actual Balcony Cabin is about 150 dollars per person. We just don't want to pay anymore we were happy with our initial payment is paid for and done with. I guess we will appreciate the free upgrade and and it will be a first for us taking this gamble.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

once again is likely. We just got a mini suite....

Just because you keep telling about your experience in every thread, it does not make it any more likely. The fact is that balcony guarantees usually get assigned fwd/aft (not aft-facing) or with luck midship balconies, not mini-suites of any kind.

Just because you keep telling about your experience in every thread, it does not make it any more likely. The fact is that balcony guarantees usually get assigned fwd/aft (not aft-facing) or with luck midship balconies, not mini-suites of any kind.

just because you keep saying it does not happen or think you know everything about NCL does not mean is the right information. I am telling people what my experience has been so far if you don't agree with it then fine but just because it has not happened to you it does not make it UNLIKELY simple as that. Mini suite forward by the way.

We're 28 days out with a BA/Guar on the Dawn repo and haven't been assigned yet. When do you think we'll hear something? And will we be happy?

Any time, even until the moment you board. Will you be happy? Only you know what makes you happy. Will it be something you can live with? Look at this way, you're on a cruise!! Be happy you can afford to do that.

We're 28 days out with a BA/Guar on the Dawn repo and haven't been assigned yet. When do you think we'll hear something? And will we be happy?

We are 28 days until our cruise as well and we were just assigned ours, so i guess it depends how well is selling. Mine is a Transatlantic on the Jade which an inside cabin is selling for 419 dollars right now for 16 days. There still are a lot of staterooms left.

I have been told that guarantees are a gamble and sometimes assigned up to 2 days before the cruise. Have a good time regardless no balcony is a bad balcony i don' think :)

Edited by qtaromar1970

just because you keep saying it does not happen or think you know everything about NCL does not mean is the right information. I am telling people what my experience has been so far if you don't agree with it then fine but just because it has not happened to you it does not make it UNLIKELY simple as that. Mini suite forward by the way.

I'm very active on this forum and have read new posts usually several times a day for years. I'm confident enough to say that what I have read here during the years describes accurately enough what usually happens with guarantees - ie. what is likely and what is unlikely.

Threads or posts about getting meta upgrades (upgrades from one cabin type to another, eg. balcony to minisuite) are very far and between compared to those with "only" category updates (upgrades within cabin type, eg. balcony to balcony).

Just like you, people getting meta upgrades are usually so happy about what happened that they really like to post their experience here - and usually there really aren't that many.

I'm definitely not saying that meta upgrades do not happen ever (you got lucky, congrats), but even while you got lucky once, you have no basis saying that only based on that experience upgrades aren't very unlikely - that is a hasty generalization.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasty_generalization

Winning the main prize in the lottery is even more unlikely but still somebody almost always does that.

Edited by Demonyte

I'm another one that got upgraded. On my first NCL cruise (Breakaway to Bermuda), I upgraded myself from a studio to a balcony guarantee for $300 because it was my birthday cruise, and NCL gave me a family minisuite.

For my last cruise on the Epic (west-bound TA), I got a guarantee inside. While I wasn't upgraded to an oceanview or anything like that, I was given the highest category inside stateroom in a really good location.

Edited by ldlewis45

We often chose the front or back of the ship, and it's fine, I have found you get less foot traffic in these areas and often closer to the elevator ☺ I'm sure you will have a lovely time. It's fab to walk straight out side on your balcony first thing in the morning, it makes it easier to decide what to wear each day.