Swim aids

cutiepiefred

Seems like they should be okay. "Should" being the key word, there. From the exceptions to prohibited items list:

"Floatation Devices: For the comfort of all our guests, rafts, tubes and floatation devices other than those used as life preservers (water wings) cannot be used in the swimming pools on board. "

We have a 6 yr old who is learning to swim. Are those arm floaters/ rings and swim jackets allowed in the pool.

A jacket is fine but DO NOT use those arm rings - They not only will not protect your child, they are extremely dangerous - they are much more likely to drown your child (by holding the arms above the head, thereby pushing the face below the surface) than to "protect" them. Before folks jump on me, I'm a Red Cross LGI/Aquatic Director/Swim Instructor etc.

And the best way to protect little ones from drowning in the pool (yes, it does happen - and very quickly too) is to be with them in the water.

Not reading on a nearby lounger, not looking for a waiter, but sitting with legs in the pool or standing in the pool.

The responsible adult must realize that he/she is the lifeguard for that child.

A jacket is fine but DO NOT use those arm rings - They not only will not protect your child, they are extremely dangerous - they are much more likely to drown your child (by holding the arms above the head, thereby pushing the face below the surface) than to "protect" them. Before folks jump on me, I'm a Red Cross LGI/Aquatic Director/Swim Instructor etc.

+1

Fast track the swim lessons.

And the best way to protect little ones from drowning in the pool (yes, it does happen - and very quickly too) is to be with them in the water.

Not reading on a nearby lounger, not looking for a waiter, but sitting with legs in the pool or standing in the pool.

The responsible adult must realize that he/she is the lifeguard for that child.

you might just be asking to much of some of these people!!:)

I would never let my child go into the pool without me being right next to them. To many children are not being watched in the water. I once was in the pool, right next to the child. The little thing went right under the water, not a sound from her. I was in the right place at the right time, I pulled her up, mouth full of water and crying. No other adult saw her go under. In a pool full of people and know one saw it happen. It takes a very short time for someone to drown. Lucky for that child that I was there. Not so lucky for that Mom who heard me flip out on her mistake. I believe she will never let her child into the water without proper attention in the future.