Fastest way off of the ship?

crazycruzer68

Self assist. Unfortunately, so many don't follow the rules which can cause problems.

Quite true... I've been waiting for D/P self-assist to be called in the meeting area and see people lined up waiting for them to bring us down/up/whatever. Once they see the movement the stampede starts.... and it's every man/woman/child for themselves. We generally let the first 50 or so rumble thru UNLESS the crew is actually doing their job and then we go thru as it does help with customs.

Self-assist with FTTF is the fastest other than self-assist with Diamond and Platinum.

this! last year we gave our luggage up the night before (with FTTF) didnt get off the ship until 10

this year, we did self assist (again, with FTTF) and we were in our truck headed home at 7:30.

we'll ALWAYS do self assist!!

Edited by KLD1019

FTTF self assist or easy debarkation, you meet in the midship MDR (most ships) so you are right next to the gangway (Lobby, most home ports) and they come in and tell you when you can leave you jump in front of any line.

All depends on the home port, in Port Everglades last week there were less self assist then easy but in NYC it was the other way around. Florida had over 30 luggage zones, NYC 18.

You can even go to some bidding sites and people sell their zone 1 tags, I just save mine.

Jump off the side.

Someone took the question a bit too literally :p

Unfortunately self-assist can be very frustrating (and the staff sometimes has no interest in enforcing the priority rules), but it is still the fastest way to safely disembark :cool:

I was waiting for that answer. LMAO. someone posts a thread, fastest way off ship and it takes 7 posts get that answer? You guys are slipping. :p

:D

Right? I had to scroll up and re-read because it seemed impossible I could be the first one.

I was waiting for that answer. LMAO. someone posts a thread, fastest way off ship and it takes 7 posts get that answer? You guys are slipping. :p

:D

So many folks on this board have NO sense of humor I'm just surprised someone hasn't gotten their shorts in a knot over a joke reply. :eek:

As others have said, the quickest way is self-debark.

For a while after FTTF was introduced Carnival herded platinum, diamond, FTTF and those with verified early flights into the dining room off of deck 3. They would come get us once the ship has cleared.

For 2015, and on all three ships we've been aboard this year they have platinum and diamond in the dining room and the rest described above in the show lounge.

The Freedom docked very early three weeks ago and we were out of the dining room and down the gangway before 7:30am. I was home and had the car washed by 9am on a Saturday morning!

FTTF is a great deal; not only for the expedited departure, but for the ability to board early. Our cruise friends buy it and board with us.

I tell people that take a 5 night (or any night) cruise that unless you board early and enjoy the ship then you really only have that afternoon to enjoy as one of your days. Mix in the muster drill and dinner and you gave up an afternoon around the pool.

You can tote any size luggage you want, just know they will not help you at all in self-disembark. On the Magic they made it clear to those that are handicapped they will not help them with luggage if they elect to leave early. This made the process take less than half the time as before to exit the ship.

Edited by BallFour4

Does it matter what size your suitcase is? As long as we can handle them

Is that ok?

Thanks

There are no restrictions. At time's its unbelievable what some schlep off the ship. Just know that many ports will not let you use the escalator if you do not have one free hand.

The fall never hurt anyone. The sudden stop...

Yeah it's not the fall that hurts you, it's the sudden deceleration sickness at the end that can be fatal. There's no known cure to this day that I know of. My question is though would that be considered an "air borne" sickness? Lol

Self-assist they call by deck. I have seen plenty of time where they had called FTTF and a few more zones and were still calling self-assist decks. The one time we did FTTF and left when they called our zone 1,2, we had to wait 45 minutes for our bags to arrive. Self-assist gives you a chance of going before FTTF. Do self-assist with FTTF and be sure of getting off near the front.

Self-assist with FTTF.

If you can't get FTTF, self-assist with a deck 1 room (assuming all the ships do it the same as the Triumph and Magic did, starting at the bottom...) our friends on deck 1 could have self-assisted debarkation an hour an a half before we could have on deck 7!

We did notice that the first relaxed debarkation tags (1-4, which I assume are priority) were called before the last self-assist decks were on the Magic.