Orlando Airport Shuttle-Help need info ASAP

gram2kids

Going on the FOS this Sunday (Oct. 4, 15) and are flying in from JFK that morning, I know, not a good idea...Oh Well lesson learned now. TS Joaquin is rearing his ugly head and heading up north with lots of rain and wind for the weekend and am very worried about my flight being canceled or delayed. I have reservations with RCL ground transportation for a 12:30pm (their latest pick up time) drive to the port but may not be able to make it to MCO in time for that transportation service. What other shuttle services at MCO are available and recommended by CC members and operate on standby after 12:30pm that may be able to take me to the port without a previous reservation? I am aware that I need to be on the ship no later than 3:00pm. I appreciate any help you can provide. Thank You.

If you can't find a later shuttle, another option might be to rent a car. You can pickup at the airport and drop-off at the cruise terminal (or very nearby with a free shuttle to the ship). There are no one-way or drop charges, just a daily rate + fuel for the car. Check which agencies have locations on-site at the airport and cruise terminal.

you can take a taxi ... it will cost around $110 plus tip and probably the $2 tolls, but it will be the FASTEST option. Estimated time 45 minutes.

I don't know of any 'stand-by' shuttles and the problem with one would be their waiting 'til full . . .

Thanks, everyone ..! I will contact each one and see if they will be able to help with the transportation in the event the flight is delayed and I get in after my scheduled 12:30pm pick up reservation. I knew I could count on you to provide names and suggestions! Thanks, again.

There are no one-way or drop charges, just a daily rate + fuel for the car. Check which agencies have locations on-site at the airport and cruise terminal.

Sadly, not true. Some of the companies do have one way charges.

Check Budget and Dollar/Thrifty.

Thanks, everyone ..! I will contact each one and see if they will be able to help with the transportation in the event the flight is delayed and I get in after my scheduled 12:30pm pick up reservation. I knew I could count on you to provide names and suggestions! Thanks, again.

Have you checked with your airline to see if they are waiving change fees? As the storm gets closer, the airlines typically will let you reschedule without paying a fee. There will be a message posted on your airline's website.

I would try to change your flights and come in on Saturday.

We also ended up having to fly in the day of and are on the same shuttle, I'll walk real slow from baggage to help you out if you are running behind :)

Check your carriers website and see if there is an earlier flight, if so you may be able to get on standby if you go to the airport early, doubtful you will be able to get an earlier flight from your lay over but at least it will get you out of JFK or an additional option anyway. Assuming you have a layover and not a direct flight.

Good luck, think happy thoughts, usually delays are due to not being able to land as opposed to not being able to take off.

We also ended up having to fly in the day of and are on the same shuttle, I'll walk real slow from baggage to help you out if you are running behind :)

Check your carriers website and see if there is an earlier flight, if so you may be able to get on standby if you go to the airport early, doubtful you will be able to get an earlier flight from your lay over but at least it will get you out of JFK or an additional option anyway. Assuming you have a layover and not a direct flight.

Good luck, think happy thoughts, usually delays are due to not being able to land as opposed to not being able to take off.

DJ, tell the driver I'm on my way..!! LOL

I checked with the airline and they have not decided yet if they are canceling any flights yet. Also, asked about changing flight to Saturday and it would cost me an extra $350 just to change the flight then hotel fees and transportation, etc would be to much. I'm going to think positive and hope I'm stressing for nothing.

See you on the shuttle..!!..I hope!

Sadly, not true. Some of the companies do have one way charges.

Check Budget and Dollar/Thrifty.

You may be right about that. I know that for years, Florida state law prohibited rental car companies form charging drop fees within the state, but that certainly could have changed. It's been a few years since I've needed to do that in Florida.