Would you miss this?

Topo Gigio

It really isn't that big of a deal to me. I just go with the flow. I wouldn't miss the dancing every night but I would miss no dancing at all. I think it's fun either way. We are rarely in a rush when we dine anywhere.:D

Edited by mousey

It really isn't that big of a deal to me. I just go with the flow. I wouldn't miss the dancing every night but I would miss no dancing at all. I think it's fun either way. We are rarely in a rush when we dine anywhere.:D

I'm not in a rush either, but this is plain annoying.

If they stop dancing each and every night in the MDR, and do it just once per cruise?

Personally I would love it, and besides that you will get faster service too.

Your missing the entire point of dinner service. Dining should be savored and enjoyed. If you want to just stuff your face go to the buffet. They take the time, to prepare something to entertain us you can at least try to enjoy it. If its not your cup of tea and just want to stuff your face, there is other options.

I think it's fun and I'd miss it. Besides, we were generally finishing up dessert by the time they sang most nights, so it didn't slow anything down at all. I suppose it might with anytime dining? We had the late seating traditional dining.

I hate the dancing and I feel so bad for the servers. I always feel like they are circus performers and I hate the circus too.

I also hate the birthday singing at local places back home. Everyone in my family knows those servers better NEVER stop at my table.

If they stop dancing each and every night in the MDR, and do it just once per cruise?

It would be a reason to go back to the MDR.

It would be a reason to go back to the MDR.

I always thought the singing and dancing was unnecessary and cheapened the dining experience. On my 7th Valor sailing earlier this year, the entrees did not come to our table until after the "entertainment" was over.

I don't like to rush dinner, and by bringing it out so late, more than 45 minutes after the appetizers, the entree seemed like an afterthought and the whole meal felt disjointed.

Give me 15 minutes in between courses and let the harried waitstaff concentrate on keeping the table supplied with drinks, water and bread.

When I cruise Celebrity or Princess the MDR dining experience lacks the nightly waitstaff show and the food is the star of the MDR, IMO,

Edited by evandbob

Yes I would miss it. Doesn't bother or offend me. I'm not tired of it. Don't find it annoying, and it doesn't hold up dinner that much for me to want it stopped.

I think it's part of Carnival's charm. Now what they can do is cycle in some new songs to dance to. But other than that, I'm fine with it. They don't do it every night. Not a big deal.

I would not miss it.

It does seem rather cheesy.

It is only a few minutes so I don't see the delay of courses very likely.

Ours were not delayed because of this.

But, the servers are taxed with more tables now, so scrapping it might be a good idea....brilliant even.

Now, if they did say, a little welcome the 1st night & a farewell the last,

that would seem more appropriate.

I wouldn't miss it.

I'm surprised the responses here are as even as they are. Whenever this gets asked at That Other Site, almost 100% of the responders are in love with the experience.

I'd prefer a crew talent show to this, but I understand why this is one instead.