Is this a thing

IHateSnow!

While on our recent Freedom cruise DH and I were commenting that Royal should develop an app similar to what the airlines do, use the wifi for free with their app only.

It would contain the information that is on the touch screens - a map of the ship, the activities, the cruise compass, maybe a way to log in and check dining reservations, seapass info etc. Allow you to purchase wifi.

I don't know if this is a thing or not already, and it might be on some of the newer, bigger ships. But it would be really neat if it were on the ships that have been retrofitted with the ship-wide wifi. We found a lot of the time wishing we could just pull up what was going on while sitting in vintages :)

Knowing Royal's IT prowess(:rolleyes:), the thought of installing Royal software on any of my devices sends chills up and down my spine.:eek:

Echo'ing Bob--anyone who willingly installs an app on their phone or computer from a notoriously bad development shop that NEVER TESTS THEIR DEVELOPED APPS/PRODUCT BEFORE RELEASE--gets what they deserve

I had no problems using the Royal IQ app 2 out of our 3 sailings on Quantum, our first sailing in November, we did not have smartphones.

I liked the fact we were able to chat with friends on board for $14.95 pp for each sailing, 10 nights or 12 nights, same price. Did not use the other features on the app as all our dining and show reservations were previously made on line.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royaliq

Carnival also has a similar thing. Their website is free to use on the ship on any device and there is an area where you can even keep in touch with people at home. They also have a new internet package for $5 per day that allows access to social media - facebook, twitter, etc.

Knowing Royal's IT prowess(:rolleyes:), the thought of installing Royal software on any of my devices sends chills up and down my spine.:eek:

Disney's IT is about on the same level, but I used their app and it's just about the best piece of software they've created. Maybe Royal's app would astonish us.