Cruising in Cooler Temperatures

cruzhappy88

We will be cruising from Vancouver BC in November. We have never been on a cooler weather cruise before, so I have a couple questions. Will Trident Grill and Prego be open in this cooler weather? Will they still be having MUTS?

Yes and yes.

We are on the Star in November from Vancouver to LA. We have done the southbound coastals for years and never had any issues with the weather. We bring a coat/jacket for evenings and always enjoy MUTS. We actually enjoy the cold temperature as we live in So Cal and dont get much of that. Hope you have a great cruise!

Thanks everyone! Glad to know that my husband's favorite burger place and my favorite pizza place will be open for business! And we love MUTS, too! Thanks all!

They will have blankets available for MUTS. We asked our room steward for extra blankets and we carried took them with us to watch MUTS (and we returned to our room with them). ENJOYY!

We will be cruising from Vancouver BC in November. We have never been on a cooler weather cruise before, so I have a couple questions. Will Trident Grill and Prego be open in this cooler weather? Will they still be having MUTS?

Yes on both.

We were surprised, having only cruised in warm climates, how much a cooler climate trip had added to the luggage.

Pack smart, as other have mentioned - try to plan layers and use that to minimize the volume you find that you'll be trying to bring!

We recently returned from an Alaskan cruise out of Seattle. It just happened that the opening of the NFL season was on the Thursday night of the cruise and there were a bunch of folks bundled up outside enjoying the game on the MUTS screen!! Not so many were outside on movie nights! An aside ... because it's cooler outside, very few actually eat outside or on their balconies, so tables in the buffet can be hard to find sometimes. I think we ate breakfast and lunch more times in the formal dining rooms than we have on all of our other cruises combined!! But, we loved it!!!!!

Edited by BigGuy25

As others said, layers, and more layers, do not waste space with a bulky, puffy jacket. I live in a northern climate, always cold ready, but I can pack for 30 days, warm to cold weather in a 26" suitcase. The key is layers! :)

and not taking 30 outfits for a 30 day cruise.